Register My Garage V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Products, Services, Group Deals & Classifieds > Reviews, Feedback & Appreciation

Reviews, Feedback & Appreciation Here you can post a reviews on your vendor/members transactions.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:29 PM   Thread Starter #51
Premier Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 177

Reputation Level: 17
Aaron92SE is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: NWP Engineering - Thank You To All My Loyal Customers!

Originally Posted by 96lostsouls View Post
What does the EGR Blocke Off Plate do?
The EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation. It routes the exhaust gases back into your intake manifold in order for a more thorough burning in order to reduce emissions.

Eliminating the EGR system will prevent those hot and dirty exhaust gases from entering your intake manifold, resulting in more oxygen making it into your combustion chamber for more HP. The HP gains should only be 1-2 hp, but your intake manifold will remain cleaner for longer since carbon buildup from the exhaust gases won’t be an issue.

But the EGR Block Plate Kit we currently sell is intended for those that have done an engine swap with the 04-06 Maxima or 05-06 Altima VQ35DE engine and are using a non-EGR ECM such as the 95-99 or 02-03 Maxima ECM. Or you may need this kit if you would like to purchase a used spare 6th gen (04-06) Maxima UIM, but don't need to run an EGR system.

At this time, this kit is not intended to eliminate the EGR system on a street driven 04-06 Maxima or 05-06 Altima, since that will decreases your chances of passing emissions as well as give you a check engine light. So no EGR block plug will be included for the RH exhaust manifold. But we are actively testing this right now on some late model EGR Maximas and Altimas to see if we can reliably eliminate the EGR system on a street driven car without any codes popping up.
www.NWPEngineering.com
92 Maxima SE Auto VQ35DE Swap
11.97 @ 113.3 mph ALL MOTOR

Visit us on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM!
Aaron92SE is offline   Send a private message to Aaron92SE Find more posts by Aaron92SE Add Aaron92SE to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-27-2012, 06:41 PM   Thread Starter #52
Premier Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 177

Reputation Level: 17
Aaron92SE is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: NWP Engineering - Thank You To All My Loyal Customers!

The original post has been edited to include this extra information.

Here is an illustration that explains what I am referring to when I say that various aspects from each of the two mating manifolds are used. This illustration shows what is involved in designing only the Elbow Spacer used in our 02-08 Maxima Spacer Kit. There are two manifolds used to make this unique Spacer design, the Upper Intake Manifold (UIM) and the Elbow. If only one intake manifold was copied, it wouldn't result in the beautiful Elbow Spacer design you see at the bottom of the picture. This design technique was also used in our Upper Intake Manifold Spacer with the same kit. If we simply copied only one manifold, our Spacers would not look anything like what they do.

Click the image to open in full size.
www.NWPEngineering.com
92 Maxima SE Auto VQ35DE Swap
11.97 @ 113.3 mph ALL MOTOR

Visit us on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM!
Aaron92SE is offline   Send a private message to Aaron92SE Find more posts by Aaron92SE Add Aaron92SE to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top