Register My Garage V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Products, Services, Group Deals & Classifieds > Reviews, Feedback & Appreciation

Reviews, Feedback & Appreciation Here you can post a reviews on your vendor/members transactions.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:00 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 6952

Reputation Level: 0
zfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Audiovox/Dice Electronics Customer Service

I bought a DUO-103-NIS radio/iPod adapter setup for my 05 Max. Reviews were positive and it seemed like the way to go. I received the kit, hooked it all up, and it works great. However, the iPod cable they sent is faulty, and the module connection is flimsy. The docking end of the cable does not connect properly to the iPod, it just sits in loosely, severely affecting sound quality when it vibrates out from driving. The connection from this cable into the module is loose, and flimsy. Wiggling that affects the sound as well.

Due to all this, I reached out to DICE, which is now with Audiovox, I guess, with the complaint about their product. I described the issues in detail, with both the box and the cord. Everything was phrased politely as I described what was wrong, asking what the company could do to help.

You know what customer service rep of the year said?

"Sounds like you need to replace the iPod cable."

Well no shit. I replied a little more sternly, stating that that's why I reached out to them, as I paid for a cable from their company that is faulty and therefore, should be replaced. Even if it's a generic cable, I paid them for it, and thus, a replacement is in order.

Let's not forget about the loose connection in the module. No word of that was mentioned, so I added a polite reminder about that issue. I'm waiting to see what the response is.

So, who knows. Hopefully they get back to me about a replacement, and maybe a mention on the module.
zfer is offline   Send a private message to zfer Find more posts by zfer Add zfer to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 76
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Audiovox/Dice Electronics Customer Service

How long ago did you make this purchase?
Is it still in warranty?
What is the warranty period for this product and what does it cover?

After you noticed the problem, how long did you wait to make a complaint before you contacted the company?

I will offer this information:
If you do not get a timely response from your initial complaint from DICE/Audiovox, I would contact the company again and ask to speak to a supervisor or someone in upper management who has the authority to approve replacement of defective goods.

From your description it sounds like you either have a defective cable or possibly a wrong cable.

(I hope it is only the cable and not the connector on the unit)

If a resolution to your liking is not received, you can always make your opinions and complaints about this company known to the masses via social networks. Audiovox probably has Face Book and Twitter accounts. Many times issues are resolved through social media. No one including Audiovox likes negative publicity.

Continue to be polite but assertive. I would think Audiovox would prefer to replace the defective or wrong cable and keep a happy customer than not.

Keep a record of your correspondence including date time and the name of the person you spoke with along with a summary of the conversation.

Good luck

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
1hawaii50 (05-10-2013), BurntOrangeAppeal (05-10-2013)
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2013, 03:54 PM   Thread Starter #3

Bought it a week ago, and within minutes of installation I noticed a problem and told them about it. I actually got a response this time, from a different rep too. I have the online receipt, since I bought it through Amazon. Not sure on any warranty.

Once I check that, I can mail the cable itself in for an exchange. Still no word on the weak connection in the module.

Thanks for the advice too! I have a record of the conversations with date, times, and names as well. It should resolve itself soon. I'd like to think of social media as a very last resort.

Last edited by zfer; 05-10-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: grammar
zfer is offline   Send a private message to zfer Find more posts by zfer Add zfer to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 61
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by zfer View Post
Bought it a week ago, and within minutes of installation I noticed a problem and told them about it. I actually got a response this time, from a different rep too. I have the online receipt, since I bought it through Amazon. Not sure on any warranty.

Once I check that, I can mail the cable itself in for an exchange. Still no word on the week connection in the module.

Thanks for the advice too! I have a record of the conversations with date, times, and names as well. It should resolve itself soon. I'd like to think of social media as a very last resort.
Typically, Amazon is an authorized reseller for the products they sell, so you "shouldn't" have any warranty issues.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:49 PM   Thread Starter #5

And all is right with the world!

Got the new cable, and it fits like a glove...or a hand in a glove, since it's the cable. Hooray! Next problem to fix - the loose connection in the module. I'm going to see if I can fix it one night. When it works, it works AMAZING. Like night and day from that silly cassette adapter.

If you're going for an iPod hookup, look no further than Audiovox.