Register My Garage V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Products, Services, Group Deals & Classifieds > Reviews, Feedback & Appreciation

Reviews, Feedback & Appreciation Here you can post a reviews on your vendor/members transactions.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #26
I Am Just A Man
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: 1hawaii50 Grounding Kits, Big 3 Upgrades, LED Mods

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
Alright guys, a member here was all about me doing his LED mod, and I ordered all of the LED's...now he's backing out, and I've already bought his LED's. I have enough blue LED's onhand for a full conversion if anybody is interested. If anybody wants to do the mod themselves, I'll happily sell you the LED's and diffuser paper...everything you need for a full conversion. I'm a little ticked he backed out after I fronted the money for the LEDs...sorry...rant!
Don't sweat it, Don. Things like that happen very often with car modding and services offered to others. It sucks but that gives you 2 choices.

1) Keep the LEDs for future inquiries and someone else to want the mod. (wish your butt was in CA or I'd give you my pieces to do).

2) Sell the LEDs and make up for your money, or at least close to.

Either options is doable and should compensate for your effort to buy them. It's understandable you'd be upset; however, that doesn't won't help or do anything bro. Things come up in others' lives and plans change.. it's just the fact of life.

lol what were the approx value of the LEDs?

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 AM   Thread Starter #27
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 61
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Official Ride  

Thanks for the response guys.

Thunder,

I appreciate it.

Rani,

I understand things happen, but his excuse that "I have to buy Christmas presents" is pretty lame. He didn't realize when he called me last week that Christmas was coming? I've got $70 in his parts. It's by no means going to break me, and I'll just hang onto them for the next conversion if nobody needs them. I just think it was a pretty crappy thing to do after I told him I don't stock the LED's, I order them for each individual job, so he KNEW I had to buy them. Anyway....thanks for listening guys, again, the cost will by no means break me, it just isn't how I would do business with somebody else, so it irritates me.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #28
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
Thanks for the response guys.

Thunder,

I appreciate it.

Rani,

I understand things happen, but his excuse that "I have to buy Christmas presents" is pretty lame. He didn't realize when he called me last week that Christmas was coming? I've got $70 in his parts. It's by no means going to break me, and I'll just hang onto them for the next conversion if nobody needs them. I just think it was a pretty crappy thing to do after I told him I don't stock the LED's, I order them for each individual job, so he KNEW I had to buy them. Anyway....thanks for listening guys, again, the cost will by no means break me, it just isn't how I would do business with somebody else, so it irritates me.
Don,

So you paid $70 for the LEDs or were there other parts? you still didn't answer me lol.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #29

Official Member #: 158

Reputation Level: 35
Hmax will become famous soon enoughHmax will become famous soon enough

My Awards:

Don, If I had a job and money for this work, you would already have my parts. When i worked with Irish for my headlights i gave him a deposit of 100 to buy parts (IRISH DOES NOT REQUIRE THIS) however, i needed him to know i was serious and wanted to get the job done. Your reputation here speaks for its self so people know what they are gonna get and can trust you. you may want to start taking a deposit since you have to front the money. Its seems like a full led swap costs 70 in parts, so i think its fair if someone wants this they should feel comfortable sending you that 70. Obvisouly, you can take less depending on the project, however thats an option.

I almost have a job so hopefully soon you will get my parts.

PS. Saw Mr. Dolla's screen and they look real hott

Want 12HP More?- CLICK HERE
Hmax is offline   Send a private message to Hmax Find more posts by Hmax Add Hmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2010, 05:47 PM   Thread Starter #30
Senior Moderator

1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
Don,

So you paid $70 for the LEDs or were there other parts? you still didn't answer me lol.
Sorry Rani,

I've got $70 in his LED's, that's what I paid out of pocket. As I said, it isn't going to break me, but it's $70 I didn't have to spend on LED's that I don't need to have right now. Worst case, I'll hold them until somebody needs a blue conversion done. I'm just irritated, as he called me, and was all about getting this done quickly. I let him know I needed to order his parts, and I called as soon as I ordered them to let him know his total. We arranged shipping dates so I could turn them over in 1 day for him, and he never ships. When I call him, he says, "Gee, I'm buying Christmas presents, and I don't have the money right now". To that, I say......you didn't know it was Christmas time last week? If he'd have called me and said he had a money problem, I wouldn't have been as upset. He never calls, and doesn't return any of my PM's. That tells me he just doesn't care, as he isn't out any money. I guess it was his whole attitude over it that put me over the edge. As I said earlier, that isn't how I do business with others, so I just expect some honesty in return.

Also, C'mon Rani...you KNOW I don't HAVE to be in CA...UPS/Fed-Ex delivers You'll only have the car apart for as long as the shipping takes, I'll turn it over in 1 day for you!

Originally Posted by Hmax View Post
Don, If I had a job and money for this work, you would already have my parts. When i worked with Irish for my headlights i gave him a deposit of 100 to buy parts (IRISH DOES NOT REQUIRE THIS) however, i needed him to know i was serious and wanted to get the job done. Your reputation here speaks for its self so people know what they are gonna get and can trust you. you may want to start taking a deposit since you have to front the money. Its seems like a full led swap costs 70 in parts, so i think its fair if someone wants this they should feel comfortable sending you that 70. Obvisouly, you can take less depending on the project, however thats an option.

I almost have a job so hopefully soon you will get my parts.

PS. Saw Mr. Dolla's screen and they look real hott
Parts for an LED conversion run typically between $75 and $125...depending on what you want done. If you have an 04-06 and need diffuser paper, it's a little extra. If you want multiple colors, it may be a little extra. The last couple I've done I've had about $70-$80 in parts per conversion. When I initially started doing this, I was asking for parts payment up front, but it was easier to just send 1 bill when the conversion was finished. I figured, if a guy takes the time to call me and set up the conversion, he obviously wants it done.

As far as Raul's conversion (Mr Dolla), it was my first multi-colored conversion, and I think the speedo came out really well. We had a small issue with his radio controls (I used white LEDs with red overlay paper for a red effect, and some of the white is bleeding around the edge of the overlay paper), so I'm waiting for him to send it back to me so I can fix it for him.

I won't say anything more about the guy backing out...I didn't mean to turn it into an eternal gripe, I was just torqued about it and wanted to rant a little.

Last edited by 1hawaii50; 12-14-2010 at 05:54 PM.
1hawaii50 is offline   Send a private message to 1hawaii50 Find more posts by 1hawaii50 Add 1hawaii50 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #31
Always For Self

Official Member #: 50

Reputation Level: 21
craze is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

Visit craze's Facebook Visit craze's PS3 Profile

Thanx Don,good guy,he even bothered to answer all my stupid questions.Kept me in the loops in regards to shipping
Old 02-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #32
Official Member

Official Member #: 217

Reputation Level: 13
gaby617 is an unknown quantity at this point

just recieved my 5 wire grounding kit... looks awesome! this guy probably sent me 2 pm's a day keeping me updated, communication was very well apreciated. now as soon as the weather breaks i'll install and feel the extra hp...vrooom, vroooom!
gaby617 is offline   Send a private message to gaby617 Find more posts by gaby617 Add gaby617 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #33
The Local 6.5 Gen

Official Member #: 564

Reputation Level: 29
cgoss will become famous soon enoughcgoss will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by cgoss View Post
I got everything back in today. All I can say is "awesome job"!! Everything looks great.

Here's a before pic.
Click the image to open in full size.

A waiting pic. Kinda like walking into an operating room in the middle of surgery. "Not a pretty site".

And after..

Steering wheel control switches done.

Info displays done.

HVAC controls done.

TCS, mirrors, and dimmer switch done.

Window and lock controls done.

Map light done.

If you guys want a great job at a great price, 1hawaii50 is the one!
:sSig_youtheman:
I wanted to add that Don just changed the LED's in the mirror compass. Again, great job!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:18 PM   Thread Starter #34
Senior Moderator

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

Official Ride  

Chris,

Everything looks great!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #35

Official Member #: 780

Reputation Level: 0
thabiggreek is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought a 5 wire grounding kit from Don, Couldn't ask for anything better. Great guy, great product, perfect quality, fast shipping Could not have asked for better communication, etc, etc you get the point
overall super happy with the kit.

Thanks again!
1hawaii50 (04-03-2011)
thabiggreek is offline   Send a private message to thabiggreek Find more posts by thabiggreek Add thabiggreek to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2011, 02:57 PM   Thread Starter #36
Senior Moderator

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by thabiggreek View Post
Bought a 5 wire grounding kit from Don, Couldn't ask for anything better. Great guy, great product, perfect quality, fast shipping Could not have asked for better communication, etc, etc you get the point
overall super happy with the kit.

Thanks again!
Thanks Alex!

It was a pleasure to deal with you!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #37

Official Member #: 2072

Reputation Level: 0
joekiyu is an unknown quantity at this point

I just added my grounding wires that I got from 1hawaii50 and it’s awesome! It took some time to get here due to the holidays last week. Add another two days of sitting due to me being lazy and bad weather in Calli. But I did put it in this weekend and its doing the job. I do feels the difference in the tranny, it dose shift a little smoother. And im a believer that it makes ur window role up faster! Big thanks for 1hawii50 for making this mod possible for me! Cant wait to do more business with him!
1hawaii50 (06-06-2011)
joekiyu is offline   Send a private message to joekiyu Find more posts by joekiyu Add joekiyu to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top