View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:01 PM   Thread Starter #18
BurntOrangeAppealThread Starter
Burnt Orange
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 36
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Danski6MT's Elite Radiant Ember Max Revival

Thank you all for the positive comments and compliments. I welcome all comments, let me know what you guys like or don't or questions in general on the processes, as some steps will be skipped...

It has been a lot of work considering my 10 hour a day schedule. By far WAY more then I expected.

I just wanted to fix this Max up and make it a "DD" as I already have toys that are modded and fast....Ive driven plenty of 6gens over the years coming to the shop....so I knew what was offered. The plan was not to make this one faster but rather for the enjoyment of the amazing blend of luxury & performance that the 6 speed offers right out of the box.
The initial plan was to do only a few mods. These included.
-Lower that uggly 4x4 look in the front wheels and exhaust and LED gauge mod and headlight mod.........as I really love the look and function of LED's

As usual in my case, things got away...You guys, and this amazing forum gave me a slew of ideas...Thanks again

Once I got the donor car pieces back to shop it was time to start disassembly. (while the disassembly process continued after work hours, on a few days I didnt work late at the shop I was working on the headlights and tailights at home.
Tailights were sprayed with Tinted Clear....2 coats.
Click the image to open in full size.
Headlights were split, painted and 2 amber led strips applied ( one for park and second for turn indicators, along with a White 3156 bulb in the parking light, and an ember turn signal 9 LED puck. Also a White 3156 For the Daytime Running Lights. Also 6000K HID fogs to match new 6000k headlights.

Lights on, also the grill was plastidipped, but later on that idea was scrapped in favor of hi gloss repaint...
-=My Build Tread=-

Last edited by BurntOrangeAppeal; 10-28-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Digital (08-31-2013), S.V (04-11-2012), sprocketser (06-06-2015)
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top