View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 01:43 AM   Thread Starter #8
BurntOrangeAppealThread Starter
Burnt Orange
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 36
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Danski6MT's Elite Radiant Ember Max Revival

After the tow home and diagnosis of the engine it was discovered that both pre-cats were broken up and a lot of it sucked back into the engine via egr/valve overlap..... lots and lots of blow-by and there was silver flake everywhere.....

and so with that happening, I was left with the option of rebuilding from bottom up and cleaning all the catalytic material out the tired motor, re-ring the bottom end and put new timing components and heads....I opted for option "B" as the damage was too extensive.

This called for a heart transplant. '04 motor out '07 motor in with just over 5800km on the motor Im unsure if it made the first warranty oil service to the dealer and crashed on the way out or perhaps it never made it. The replacement motor was very expensive, but its was clean, cylinder bore crosshatch patterns were as good as new, as if the bores were honed yesterday, and compression was all goooooood.

Click the image to open in full size.
Look carefully and you can spot the markings where to my suprise this was a 2002 build motor, technically, Nissan was using all leftover stock out of the 5.5 gen's in early '04 production numbers...
07' Motor/ Fidanza, OEM TO bearing/exedy stg1 clutch & ebay headers setup going in...
-=My Build Tread=-

Last edited by BurntOrangeAppeal; 06-14-2012 at 11:07 PM.
sprocketser (06-06-2015), xXJU5T_L0UxX (04-11-2013)
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top