Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance

Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance Valuable service and maintenance information. Also discussion which engine and transmission fluids you use.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:00 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16305

Reputation Level: 0
warlok is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Should I replace transmission solenoids?

Quick back story - Bought my '05 Maxima SE in '09 with 68K. Now has 90K. No previous record of fluid changes and I hadn't drain/refilled myself. As you see, doesn't get driven far or much. Few weeks ago it hesitated and clunked going from R-D. Found fluid about 1qt low but not really bad looking or smelling. Bought a case of Matic K and drained (2.5qts) and refilled to correct level. Only did it once. Hadn't happened again till the other day it was hesitating again from R-D and P-D, and was jerking some from 1-2. Is it worth it to drain and refill a couple more times or should I just get the Rostra solenoids and replace them. I've seen instructions and videos that seem as though I should be able to change them myself no problem. Seems a waste to keep draining and refilling at this point.. What do you think??
warlok is offline   Send a private message to warlok Find more posts by warlok Add warlok to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 16004

Reputation Level: 5
MAnNy07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
Default Re: Should I replace transmission solenoids?

Welcome to the org!
MAnNy07 is offline   Send a private message to MAnNy07 Find more posts by MAnNy07 Add MAnNy07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2015, 03:39 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 16305

Reputation Level: 0
warlok is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I registered before but don't think I ever posted so I think it got deleted. But I'm back again.. lol
warlok is offline   Send a private message to warlok Find more posts by warlok Add warlok to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 1646

Reputation Level: 11
emilbadal is on a distinguished road

yup absolutely worth draining and refilling. I bought a complete pack of Matic-K. What I do is usually drain and refill when I change my oil...so every 7500miles change the motor oil and trans fluid together. it's 20minutes extra and it's even easier than oil change. Until the whole pack is used up...then just leave it until your transmission die...
emilbadal is offline   Send a private message to emilbadal Find more posts by emilbadal Add emilbadal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2015, 10:26 PM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 6166

Reputation Level: 7
fla_boi954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem about 5 years ago, I changed out the valve body no problems since
fla_boi954 is offline   Send a private message to fla_boi954 Find more posts by fla_boi954 Add fla_boi954 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top