Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance

Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance Valuable service and maintenance information. Also discussion which engine and transmission fluids you use.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:31 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default NTB07-042C - Timing Chain Ticking TSB

Attached is the TSB you can print out and take to your dealer for service in regards to the infamous timing chain issue. If you are experiencing this issue, please print this out and show it to your dealer. Make sure you remove your intake and any other visible mods.

APPLIED VEHICLES: 2004-2008 Maxima (A34)

IMPORTANT DETAILED THREAD: Timing Chain Noise (The Infamous Engine Ticking)

IF YOU CONFIRM:
There is a high frequency buzzing / whining noise coming from the secondary timing chain system.

• The noise should increase in frequency with engine speed (RPM).
• If the noise does not increase with engine speed, the timing chain system may not be the cause.

ACTION:
1. Replace both secondary timing chains and both secondary timing chain tensioner “shoes” with the ones from the PARTS INFORMATION section of this bulletin.

2. Change the engine oil and filter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NTB07-042c.pdf (340.2 KB, 75 views)

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top