Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance

Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance Valuable service and maintenance information. Also discussion which engine and transmission fluids you use.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:05 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2099

Reputation Level: 9
j0ey623 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Default Mystery Marvel Oil

Any use them on there Maxima yet?
j0ey623 is offline   Send a private message to j0ey623 Find more posts by j0ey623 Add j0ey623 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Mystery Marvel Oil

Not in the Max, but my Dad uses it a lot in his cars.

Story: 15 or so years ago, my older sister was driving an 84 Dodge Colt back and forth to school. One day as she was leaving school the car just stopped in the parking lot and wouldn't start back. My Das had it towed home and found that it had run out if oil. (My sister never checked it.) We tried multiple things to get it running without success. We even tried turning the crank by hand (with a wrench), but it wouldn't budge. Someone told my Dad about Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO) so we decided to try it. We poured about a quart in and filled the rest up with oil. We towed the car to the top of a hill and pushed it down the other side with another car. After he got up a little speed my Dad popped the clutch (5 speed) and it started up!! It smoked quite a bit but it ran for at least another 50,000 miles after that! He swears by it now.
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
Premier Member

Official Member #: 211

Reputation Level: 42
NiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Don't need it on newer cars esp the VQ
NiZMo1o1 is offline   Send a private message to NiZMo1o1 Find more posts by NiZMo1o1 Add NiZMo1o1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #4
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Official Ride  

Isn't this something similar to SeaFoam?
Old 08-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
Isn't this something similar to SeaFoam?
I've never used SeaFoam but I don't think it is. You don't have to change your oil after putting MMO in. You can put MMO in your gas too.
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 33
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Marvel Mystery Oil Ha, that stuff is the oldest. I used to sell that when I worked at Checker/Yellow Front years ago. I never did try it, can't say anything good or bad but I we did sell it off the shelf.

I suspect is was the original type of Slick50 or something similar.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #7
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by officerfrasher View Post

I've never used SeaFoam but I don't think it is. You don't have to change your oil after putting MMO in. You can put MMO in your gas too.
SeaFoam can go in your oil, gas tank, or be drawn into the intake too...
Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

My Awards:

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
SeaFoam can go in your oil, gas tank, or be drawn into the intake too...
I was unaware of that. I've never used it before, I've just seen @chernmax 's vid about it. Why is it necessary to change your oil after using it?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

Official Member #: 2184

Reputation Level: 69
07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice

Participation Level: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

My Awards:

Honorable Ride  

Originally Posted by officerfrasher View Post

I was unaware of that. I've never used it before, I've just seen @chernmax 's vid about it. Why is it necessary to change your oil after using it?
Youre supposed to change the oil after around 100 miles.

As far a MMO goes you use it with your existing oil. It would be your 5th quart. Its not really like Seafoam,its more of a detergent.

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
Next week Omar is taking us walking through the projects. Alex is getting raped for sure.
07maximan is offline   Send a private message to 07maximan Find more posts by 07maximan Add 07maximan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #10
Mile High Maxima

Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Oh so it'a a cleaner? I thought it was a lubricant. --- "Google knows all" checking now

Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
Mile High Maxima

http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/site/mmo/

Added to GAS:

Marvel Mystery OilŪ lubricates the entire fuel system-fuel pumps, fuel injectors or carburetors and the top portion of the cylinders. These are areas, that by design, motor oil does not reach. Using Marvel Mystery Oil in your fuel extends the life of these vital components by providing them with lubrication that fuel alone does not provide.

• Marvel reduces and prevents varnish and gum build-up, two key contributors to robbing engine performance. When you shut off your engine, a miniscule drop of fuel is left at the tip of the fuel injectors or carburetor jets. This miniscule drop off of fuel then solidifies into a varnish type residue. Over time, the accumulated varnish blocks the openings of the injectors or jets, contributing to lower performance and fuel economy and shorter life of these components.

• Spark plug life is also extended by using Marvel in your fuel. It creates a cleaner burning cylinder environment that reduces carbon build-up on spark plugs resulting in better firing plugs that increase performance and durability.

• In addition, Marvel Mystery OilŪ improves fuel mileage by reducing internal friction in the engine.

• Marvel should be used in the fuel at every fill-up. Use 4 ounces for every 10 gallons of fuel.

Added to Engine Oil

Marvel should be added to your engine oil at every oil change. In a traditional automobile engine with a 5 quart oil capacity, simply replace one of the engine oil quarts with a quart of Marvel. For your convenience, MM13R is the quart size of Marvel Mystery OilŪ and can be found at most automotive parts and supply retailers and mass merchants. Marvel is also safe and effective to use with synthetic and synthetic-blend motor oils.
When added to engine oil, Marvel reduces and prevents valve sticking and clatter by breaking down harmful deposits of carbon and sludge. Oftentimes, valve sticking can be identified by a "ticking" sound coming from the engine compartment when the engine is running. This ticking sound will increase and decrease with the speed of the engine.
Marvel fortifies the properties of motor oil, both traditional and synthetic. Marvel prevents oil breakdown caused by extreme temperatures. In addition, Marvel promotes easier cold weather starting with its extremely low pour point of (-65) Fahrenheit and ability to eliminate oil's tendency to congeal at low temperatures.
Sludge build-up in newer and older engines can result in lower performance and life expectancy. Marvel will prevent sludge build-up from occurring in new engines and removes sludge from older engines. In newer engines, Marvel protects against scoring or seizing and creates a highly polished, wear resistant finish on engine surfaces. Your new engine will remain clean and your older engine will thank you for cleaning the insides.

Last edited by Apollos2; 08-24-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

Official Member #: 2184

Reputation Level: 69
07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice

Participation Level: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

My Awards:

Honorable Ride  

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
Oh so it'a a cleaner? I thought it was a lubricant. --- "Google knows all" checking now
Well,technically a lubricant....yes. I think its selling point is that it helps keep your motor clean. Gets all the deposits off the key areas.

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
Next week Omar is taking us walking through the projects. Alex is getting raped for sure.
07maximan is offline   Send a private message to 07maximan Find more posts by 07maximan Add 07maximan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #13

Official Member #: 2402

Canammaxima is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

So this is like injector cleaner, ethanol treater and carb cleaner all in one?
Canammaxima is offline   Send a private message to Canammaxima Find more posts by Canammaxima Add Canammaxima to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-21-2011, 01:06 AM   Thread Starter #14

Official Member #: 2099

j0ey623 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

I've actually used a whole 12oz of this stuff, 1st time also and noticed a 1+mpg gain so i'm going to continue using this stuff for the next couple weeks and report back.
j0ey623 is offline   Send a private message to j0ey623 Find more posts by j0ey623 Add j0ey623 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top