Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance

Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance Valuable service and maintenance information. Also discussion which engine and transmission fluids you use.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:44 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 158

Reputation Level: 32
Hmax will become famous soon enoughHmax will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Default How To Prevent Your System From Being Stolen By The Goons

SOME GREAT ADVICE. Got this from www.line-it-up.com

Tips to avoid getting your stuff stolen
Saw this on termpro and being that we dont have a sticky for something like this i think it would be good info

Please feel free to add more to this list!

• ALWAYS use common sense. Don't 'bump' where you live, esp. if you live in an apartment

• If at all possible, avoid putting any stickers on your car (be it performance or audio) they just scream "steal me! steal me!"

• If you go to car shows/soundoffs, I suggest removing your license plate temporarily. This will at least make it hard for people to remember your car is packing what gear(s)

• Consider getting dark limo tint and car cover. Remember - out of sight, out of mind.

• when you go to a mall or a store, turn down your system at least 2 miles BEFORE you get there. When a thief hears you bumpin down the road, he will follow you till you park and jack your equipment when you leave. Anybody who's desperate for money will do ANYTHING to steal something.

• Please Please Please install an alarm. I know about 30 people who pack thousands of dollars worth of competition-grade Audio Equipments in their SPL vehicles and they don't even have a $100 car alarm How stupid can you be..

• 'modify' your car alarm.. It might be an overkill, but I'll install 10 additional siren around the car - two inside the hood, two underneath beside the cat, two in the trunk, and four in the cabin. Thieves don't have enough time to cut all those wires while they're blaring 130bD.

• I betcha right now I can guess where you all have your alarm brains.. they're under the dash. right? that thing can be disabled in less than 5 seconds! Don't be a fool, move that brain somewhere hidden. Mine has mixed wire colors and false wires all around, Not even a professional installer can unload it.

• modify your Kickpanels to hide the hood release latch under the dash. Mine is covering the whole thing so you will have to reach inside the kicks to pop the hood. One time I took it in for an oil change it took the guy about 10 minutes to figure out where the hood release is This is extremely important so that the thief can't disconnect your +12 source and disable your alarm.

• I can't emphasize enough how extremely important security screws are. These are oddly-shaped head screws that you can get from any hardware store. Nearly ALL thieves carry a flat screwdriver and/or phillips screwdriver all the time. A hex or square head screw will definately slow them down. If your amp is bolted to the amp rack like this, there's NO WAY they can take your equipment.. but make sure your amp rack is bolted as well.

• Ask your insurance provider if they can cover your equipment.

• Be careful on who you show your system to... remember that every person is a possible thief. Even people who post here.

• Don't leave anything "interesting" inside your car (cellphone, jewelry, heck even a quarter) this will only attract passerbys that can possibly lead to theft.

• make sure all your fuses are good and have the right rating. Moreover, make sure your equipments are FUSED. In worst case scenario, after an equipment is stolen, wirings short out literally putting the car on fire.

The next time you roll down the parking lot, remember to keep them bass down cause having a system is like having sex--- you'll never know when you're gonna get jacked

For more info, heres the original thread:
http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ul.../t/000677.html

Additional Tip: For those of you with websites about your ride... BE CAREFUL! That website can easily turn into a 'shopping catalog' for a thief. Try not to list personal information on the site (ie what city you live in, what school you go to). If you have any pictures of your ride, always blot out the licence plate. Also, if you have your own domain name try to use a different mailing address then the one your car is located at (ie Use a PO Box). Remember that's public information and can easily be obtained by doing a "WhoIs" report (http://www.netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois).

ALSO-- Manual fuel cut off switches.....hey they cost a freakin dollar. Invest in them. Its a simple cut and splice between the fuel pump line and will piss the hell out of anyone attempting to move your car.

Speaking of the hood, Hiding the hood pop switch is a step in the right direction but will only stop petty kids who are just f'ing around in the game. The real vulnerabillity is in the line that connects the lever to the hood pop mechanism...in most cars these are routed throught the driver side fender. Pull the plastic molding back strip the insulation and get a plier to pull the wire inside and POP ....you have an open hood.
solutions? reroute the wire somewhere else or add additional lines to confuse.

The main point is no matter what you cannot stop someone from getting into your car. You can SLOW them but not totally stop. There are big holes in the side of the car covered with glass....i believe people call these windows. Since it is imposible you to stop someone from getting in one should focus on slowing them down as much as possible as well as preventing the moving/disabling of the car.

An expensive alarm won't do much for you. They are all the same with some added bells and whistles. All you really need is a starter kill, and dual stage siren....an expensive alpine alarm with LCD screens does not do anything if it can be yanked from under the dash.

BUY A PEDAL LOCK
[someone] has thought many hours about this and still have yet to figure a way around it. The infomercial is correct. That pedal is made of some hard freakin steel. And even if you could manage to break the pedal off youd have to sit with your ass facing either up or our of the car for a long period of time....not something smart to risk..

Record time sawing through a steering wheel....48 seconds.

I don't know if alarm stickers (such as "Protected by Viper", etc) is a good idea or not. Some say it's a good deterrent, some say it makes it easy for code scanners to 'unlock' your code. If somebody knows more about this issue, please shed some light...

Another security feature that you can get is Wheel Locks. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=1846139244 I don't know yet if it can be defeated, but it's worth a try.

LoJack is also a good investment. Although they run around $600 installed, you might get something in return from your insurance company just for having it.

Want 12HP More?- CLICK HERE

Last edited by CleanMaxx; 05-10-2011 at 03:31 PM.
cgoss (03-17-2011)
Hmax is offline   Send a private message to Hmax Find more posts by Hmax Add Hmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #2

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: How To Prevent Your System From Being Stolen By The Goons

Title updated. Need to format this a little better.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2011, 03:49 PM   Thread Starter #3

My Awards:

Originally Posted by EddyMaxx View Post
Title updated. Need to format this a little better.
have at it my friend, lol. If you can modify the title you can modify the contents

Hmax is offline   Send a private message to Hmax Find more posts by Hmax Add Hmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #4

Official Member #: 1

EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Just read this and its kind of GAY!!

The next time you roll down the parking lot, remember to keep them bass down cause having a system is like having sex--- you'll never know when you're gonna get jacked

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2011, 03:53 PM   Thread Starter #5

My Awards:

Originally Posted by EddyMaxx View Post
Just read this and its kind of GAY!!
yeah pretty much

Old 03-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
Always For Self

Official Member #: 50

Reputation Level: 18
craze is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

Visit craze's Facebook Visit craze's PS3 Profile

Just put a pitbull in the backseat lol
Lock your backseats and if you got the trunk pop switch,these all help

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #7

Official Member #: 283

Reputation Level: 11
NlSMOwhiteMAX3.5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good stuff to know.. Anyone on here have any fuel kill switches or anything like that?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:06 PM   Thread Starter #8

My Awards:

Originally Posted by NlSMOwhiteMAX3.5 View Post
Good stuff to know.. Anyone on here have any fuel kill switches or anything like that?
I dont know anyone with it but not sure how it works wiht autostart

Old 03-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #9

I have a friend with a heavily modded integra and he has a switch that is like in the back of the center console hidden under stuff and behind the rear vents.. He did it himself.. It's a good idea to not get your car stolen.. I'm not electronically savvy enough for that though
Old 03-17-2011, 04:14 PM   Thread Starter #10

My Awards:

Originally Posted by NlSMOwhiteMAX3.5 View Post
I have a friend with a heavily modded integra and he has a switch that is like in the back of the center console hidden under stuff and behind the rear vents.. He did it himself.. It's a good idea to not get your car stolen.. I'm not electronically savvy enough for that though
Sounds like a good idea, if it can be integrated with the alarm, where it is activated when the alarm is set if not then all the money spent on autostart is kinda wasted.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #11

Yeah well I don't have an auto start so this could apply to me. And I only factory alarm nothing aftermarket.. Then again I'm not all that into systems so I have no subs or anything worth stealing other then performance maybe but still..

One time my car had gotten my change cup stolen out of it.. Over night, any my gps and radar detector were sitting right there. My guess says it was young kids
Old 03-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #12

Official Member #: 296

conblac is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Pretty good advices, but if your car is an eyecatcher for the pros, no amount of security measures can prevent them taking it. If one can afford to cover 'extra' equipments invested in rides, then insurance is prolly the best option. Killswitches are very good options, I've had thieves attempting to steal a high performance RX4 years ago, they damaged the dash, but couldn't locate them or get the car started. Nowadays they'll just come with a towtruck like a Repo-man, and that's that! Once again, good advices...make it hard for 'em to jack.....
Old 03-18-2011, 02:29 AM   #13
Official Member

Official Member #: 1042

Reputation Level: 9
naguapoak is an unknown quantity at this point

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Don't make your car look like it's carrying thousands and thousands o mods in it. Watch and know your neighborhood. Buy a good alarm and park your car in places were it is seen by lots of people. For myself. I made it know in my street that if anyone messes with my car expect to get beat.

Posted Via Tapatalk

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2011, 02:50 AM   #14
East LA's Official 6th Gen Maxima

Official Member #: 206

Reputation Level: 15
georgelv1999 is on a distinguished road

A kill-swtich is a super easy mod to make. I had this on an old Honda, and it worked great. Find the wire that goes to your fuel pump (wires running on the driver side), tap into it and put a CAR swtich that you can buy at Radio Shack. Hide the switch in a good place (not under the dash or under your seat as these are obvious places).

But it's true, if they really want your car they'll just tow it.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:50 AM   #15
Official Member
Donating Member

Official Member #: 110

dstruc is on a distinguished road

for all those with double dins, i found this on ebay. its called the dummy face. its a faceplate that goes over your double din so it would look like you have a stock radio. i saw this on hero's car and it fooled me. it also made me crack up.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:01 AM   #16
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by naguapoak View Post
Don't make your car look like it's carrying thousands and thousands o mods in it. Watch and know your neighborhood. Buy a good alarm and park your car in places were it is seen by lots of people. For myself. I made it know in my street that if anyone messes with my car expect to get beat.

Posted Via Tapatalk
+1 That's how I do it.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-18-2011, 05:39 AM   #17
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Official Ride  

Get yourself Lo-Jack and call it a day.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:07 AM   Thread Starter #18

My Awards:

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
Get yourself Lo-Jack and call it a day.
a friend of mine had an aunt who had a Civic with lojack, guess what they still never found th car to this day and it has been like 6 years lmao

My 02 SER sentra had lojack haha

Old 03-18-2011, 08:08 AM   Thread Starter #19

My Awards:

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
for all those with double dins, i found this on ebay. its called the dummy face. its a faceplate that goes over your double din so it would look like you have a stock radio. i saw this on hero's car and it fooled me. it also made me crack up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FP001-Dummy-Secu...item43a5e0f1c2
Wow, I want this, I was gonna modify my factory unit to do this but didnt want to mess it up this way i can always use my old unit just in case of trade in. Great find buying one now

Old 03-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #20
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by Hmax View Post
a friend of mine had an aunt who had a Civic with lojack, guess what they still never found th car to this day and it has been like 6 years lmao

My 02 SER sentra had lojack haha
Lo-jack can be defeated like any other alarm, if you don't hide the module well enough. You also have to make sure that your police depts. In the area have Lo-Jack trackers installed in their cars.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #21
Parking Lot Pimpin
Donating Member

Official Member #: 78

Reputation Level: 35
PapaL has a spectacular aura aboutPapaL has a spectacular aura aboutPapaL has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

NO love for the trunk monkey?!?

Originally Posted by 20inlowpros View Post
^^^Nice ass bro!!
Originally Posted by chulo View Post
oh man! pm me if u want to get big by august
PapaL is offline   Send a private message to PapaL Find more posts by PapaL Add PapaL to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #22

Official Member #: 136

Reputation Level: 10
mu33rto is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

One guy at work had a civic with the works and lots of bass. One rainy day thief's stole his car and since I was pouring you couldn't hear any sirens or see any thing, even the people in the office didn't caught any thing...When the cops asked him if he notice any one suspicious following him... Nothing came to mind... Cuz he was so busy bumping this tunes....So a good system is like a dog whistle to thieves...
mu33rto is offline   Send a private message to mu33rto Find more posts by mu33rto Add mu33rto to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #23
Donating Member

Official Member #: 67

Reputation Level: 12
cubbyjg is on a distinguished road

My Awards:

"If they hear it, they will steal it." At least that pertains to the sound system.
cubbyjg is offline   Send a private message to cubbyjg Find more posts by cubbyjg Add cubbyjg to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #24
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
NO love for the trunk monkey?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y
I love the trunk monkey! I saw these commercials about a year ago and laughed my @ss off! My favorite is where he dumps the guy over the bridge into the river!
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #25
Avondale's Finest Official 6th Gen!

Official Member #: 1692

Reputation Level: 12
CJMcBreezy is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Visit CJMcBreezy's Facebook Visit CJMcBreezy's Twitter Visit CJMcBreezy's Xbox Gamercard

Good info I did a custom alarm on my old spl car it had 24 sirens 10front and rear external and 4mini piezos inside loved it
CJMcBreezy is offline   Send a private message to CJMcBreezy Find more posts by CJMcBreezy Add CJMcBreezy to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top