Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance

Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance Valuable service and maintenance information. Also discussion which engine and transmission fluids you use.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:18 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Full List of 6thgen Recalls (2004-2008 Included)

These are all the recalls on the 2004-2008 Nissan Maximas. Not every car has been affected. Many dealers have fixed this issue at some point when the car was serviced. Who ever bought it brand new probably had it done before you owned (if bought used).

Remember these are recalls, you don't need to be UNDER WARRANTY TO GET IT DONE. They must do it because it is a SAFETY CONCERN.

What if I'm denied the right to have a recalled vehicle remedied at no charge?

If a dealer refuses to repair your vehicle in accordance with the recall letter you received from the manufacturer, you should immediately notify the manufacturer. In most cases, contractual agreements between a manufacturer and its dealers require all dealers to honor the recall and remedy defects at no extra charge – regardless of where the vehicle or equipment was originally purchased.

Under the law, if a vehicle recall has been initiated, consumers are entitled to the remedy without charge and within a reasonable time. In most cases, there will be a time lag between the date of the manufacturer’s decision that a recall is warranted or the agency’s final decision, and the date the remedy is available to consumers.

This time is provided to allow manufacturers to identify owners of vehicles or equipment included in the recall, develop remedial procedures, instruct dealers on how to repair the defect, distribute the parts necessary for repair or replacement to the dealerships, and send letters to consumers informing them how the recall campaign will be conducted. A dealer is not required by law to remedy a defect in a vehicle brought in for repair before this date.

2004 Maxima

NTB05-114b Service Campaign
VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN REAR SUSPENSION MEMBER REPLACEMENT / BUSHING REPLACEMENT AND SEALING
On some model year 2002-2005 Nissan Altima and 2004-2005 Nissan Maxima vehicles, there is a possibility that corrosion of the rear sub-frame may occur. Corrosion is most likely in cold climates where heavy salting of roads is common practice in freezing conditions. A mixture of road salt and water can promote corrosion in the rear sub-frame bushings of some vehicles. In severe cases, cracking of the rear sub-frame may occur, which may result in a knocking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. The performance or handling characteristics of the vehicle are not affected and it is safe to drive the vehicle.

NTB04-100a Safety Recall Campaign
2004 NISSAN MAXIMA; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN SKYVIEW ROOF GLASS
Nissan has determined that some 2004 model year Nissan Maxima vehicles may have a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety. There is a possibility that the tempered glass for the SkyView Roof may not have been cooled properly after the forming process, which could create excessive internal stress in the glass. This could eventually cause the glass to shatter into small pebble-like pieces and injure vehicle occupants. This issue does not affect Maxima vehicles equipped with the power glass sunroof. To prevent this condition from occurring, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign to inspect and replace, if required, the glass in the SkyView Roof.

2005 Maxima

NTB06-053 Safety Recall Campaign
2005 NISSAN MAXIMA; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN CHILD SEAT ANCHOR BRACKETS
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS 225) specifies certain requirements for child seat anchorage systems in vehicles. Some 2005 model year Nissan Maxima vehicles may have rear child seat safety anchor brackets which do not meet the location requirement in this standard. This may cause difficulty in attaching some child seats to these brackets. If a child seat is not secured, there is an increased risk of injury in a crash. Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign to install longer rear child seat anchor brackets free of charge.

NTB05-114b Service Campaign
2002-2005 NISSAN ALTIMA, 2004-2005 MAXIMA; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN REAR SUSPENSION MEMBER REPLACEMENT / BUSHING REPLACEMENT AND SEALING
On some model year 2002-2005 Nissan Altima and 2004-2005 Nissan Maxima vehicles, there is a possibility that corrosion of the rear sub-frame may occur. Corrosion is most likely in cold climates where heavy salting of roads is common practice in freezing conditions. A mixture of road salt and water can promote corrosion in the rear sub-frame bushings of some vehicles. In severe cases, cracking of the rear sub-frame may occur, which may result in a knocking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. The performance or handling characteristics of the vehicle are not affected and it is safe to drive the vehicle.

NTB05-116a Safety Recall Campaign

2004-2006 NISSAN MAXIMA; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN DRIVER’S SEAT HARNESS ROUTING
Nissan has determined that some 2004-2006 model year Nissan Maxima vehicles equipped with the driver seat power lumbar support may have a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety. The wire harness from the driver seat power lumbar support switch may be routed incorrectly and pinched under the seat. A pinched harness in combination with driving vibration may result in a short circuit in the harness that could lead to a fire in the seat. To prevent this condition from occurring, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign to replace the existing wire harness switch assembly with a new one and route it correctly.

NTB04-120a Service Campaign
2005 NISSAN ALTIMA, MAXIMA; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN AIR BAG WARNING LIGHT
On some model year 2005 Maxima and Altima vehicles, the Air Bag Warning Light may flash even though the air bag systems it monitors are operating properly. To prevent this condition, Nissan has initiated a Voluntary Service Campaign to replace the Passenger Air Bag Status Light Control Circuit which is causing this to happen.

2006 Maxima

NTB06-015 Safety Recall Campaign
2006 NISSAN MAXIMA AND ALTIMA; VOLUNTARY SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN REAR SUSPENSION LINK BRACKET
Nissan has determined that some 2006 model year Nissan Altima and Maxima vehicles may have a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety. The bracket which holds part of the rear suspension may have a crack due to incorrect manufacturing. If the bracket is cracked, the stability of the vehicle may be affected under severe driving conditions. This could lead to loss of control of the vehicle and a crash. To prevent this condition from occurring, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign to inspect and replace the rear suspension member (subframe) if necessary.

NTB05-116a Safety Recall Campaign

2004-2006 NISSAN MAXIMA; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN DRIVER’S SEAT HARNESS ROUTING
Nissan has determined that some 2004-2006 model year Nissan Maxima vehicles equipped with the driver seat power lumbar support may have a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety. The wire harness from the driver seat power lumbar support switch may be routed incorrectly and pinched under the seat. A pinched harness in combination with driving vibration may result in a short circuit in the harness that could lead to a fire in the seat. To prevent this condition from occurring, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign to replace the existing wire harness switch assembly with a new one and route it correctly.

NTB05-085 Service Campaign
2005 NISSAN MAXIMA; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN BLUETOOTH CONTROL UNIT
On some 2006 model year Nissan Maxima vehicles equipped with the Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone System, there is a possibility that the Bluetooth Control Unit may not operate properly. Nissan is conducting a Service Campaign to replace the Bluetooth Control Unit with an improved one.

2007 Maxima

NTB06-090 Safety Recall Campaign
2007 NISSAN MAXIMA; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN STEERING LOCK
Nissan has determined that on some 2007 model year Maxima vehicles, the steering wheel lock may not comply with one of the requirements set forth in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No.

2008 Maxima

NONE

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
craze (02-27-2012), Kontra-vers-E (02-27-2012), LucKie1nE (02-28-2012), renn9420 (02-12-2014), SharkBait (05-20-2013)
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2012, 02:31 PM   Thread Starter #2

EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Full List of 6thgen Recalls (2004-2008 Included)

All PDF's will be available through our download program in the VIP section. I'll post an update.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM   Thread Starter #3

1st post updated with great valuable info.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Old 02-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Premier Member

Official Member #: 300

Reputation Level: 22
PetitFrereMaxima will become famous soon enoughPetitFrereMaxima will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Great info. I have an 08, wow! So, they did not make any errors on the 08? More peace of mind for me.

My BUILD/MAINTENANCE thread. Aiming for 250K on odometer.
http://my6thgen.org/f13/emiles-petitfreremaxima-17985/ ... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/21...ton-tx-63.html... KING OF THE ROAD
TJS08MAX (03-31-2013)
PetitFrereMaxima is offline   Send a private message to PetitFrereMaxima Find more posts by PetitFrereMaxima Add PetitFrereMaxima to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2012, 02:42 PM   Thread Starter #5

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima View Post
Great info. I have an 08, wow! So, they did not make any errors on the 08? More peace of mind for me.
I would hope that by the last build for 6thgen, that everything would be PERFECT!!! lol

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 21
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Originally Posted by EddyMaxx View Post
I would hope that by the last build for 6thgen, that everything would be PERFECT!!! lol
I know right . They should have had this car right for the amount of money also there should have been a recall on the valve bodies .
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
Official Member
Donating Member

Official Member #: 110

dstruc is on a distinguished road

08 by far the superior of all máximas.
dstruc is offline   Send a private message to dstruc Find more posts by dstruc Add dstruc to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #8
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
And yours is only superior to all civics in your area lol

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #9
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 140

Reputation Level: 51
Chemax has a spectacular aura aboutChemax has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
Poor Rani... So much hate for us, right?

mmm.... chorizo
-csiepka
Chemax is offline   Send a private message to Chemax Find more posts by Chemax Add Chemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
Official Member
Donating Member

Official Member #: 110

dstruc is on a distinguished road

rani just mad cause he doesnt have his original maxima no more
Old 02-27-2012, 09:48 PM   Thread Starter #11

Can I get at least 1 LIKE? LMAOO

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
adzmccauley (02-27-2013), BurntOrangeAppeal (02-27-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 33
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by EddyMaxx View Post
Can I get at least 1 LIKE? LMAOO
I like.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
BurntOrangeAppeal (02-27-2012)
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #13
SD Blue 6.5 Gen

Official Member #: 1442

Reputation Level: 18
blue max will become famous soon enough

My Awards:

Supporting Family Member  

Good lookin out Eddy. Thanks for the info.
blue max is offline   Send a private message to blue max Find more posts by blue max Add blue max to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
Premier Member

Official Member #: 84

Reputation Level: 19
Maxifun is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Banner of The Month  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Yeah I found out about that '07 recall the hard way (while a shop was installing my alarm)... what should have been a one day install turned in to a 5 day install including a tow to a local dealership... smh.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #15

Official Member #: 158

Reputation Level: 32
Hmax will become famous soon enoughHmax will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Good info.

08 max FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw

Want 12HP More?- CLICK HERE
Hmax is offline   Send a private message to Hmax Find more posts by Hmax Add Hmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #16

Official Member #: 5597

Reputation Level: 0
Nate720 is an unknown quantity at this point

They should recall on your trannys
losifer (03-06-2017)
Nate720 is offline   Send a private message to Nate720 Find more posts by Nate720 Add Nate720 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #17

Official Member #: 4832

Reputation Level: 8
adzmccauley is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

TRANSMISSION EXTENDED WARRANTY
i found out upon complaining about my transmission which unfortunately isnt covered in this ,, the CVT transmissions have extended warranty, 200,000 or 10 years,, hope this helps someone ,, is does not help me but i hope it helps one of us,, they should extend em all , but thats not the case
cheers yall
adzmccauley is offline   Send a private message to adzmccauley Find more posts by adzmccauley Add adzmccauley to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #18
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 140

Reputation Level: 51
Chemax has a spectacular aura aboutChemax has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by adzmccauley View Post
TRANSMISSION EXTENDED WARRANTY
i found out upon complaining about my transmission which unfortunately isnt covered in this ,, the CVT transmissions have extended warranty, 200,000 or 10 years,, hope this helps someone ,, is does not help me but i hope it helps one of us,, they should extend em all , but thats not the case
cheers yall
You sure it's 200,000mi? I've only seen the Nissan-issued 120,000 warranty. Never seen anything beyond that.

mmm.... chorizo
-csiepka
Chemax is offline   Send a private message to Chemax Find more posts by Chemax Add Chemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #19

Official Member #: 4832

Reputation Level: 8
adzmccauley is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Originally Posted by Chemax View Post
You sure it's 200,000mi? I've only seen the Nissan-issued 120,000 warranty. Never seen anything beyond that.
yeah,, in all fairness though i was speaking with nissan canada, but 200,00 kms or 10 years is what they said,,, oh snap usa deals with mph not kms , im not sure what the equivalent is ,
adzmccauley is offline   Send a private message to adzmccauley Find more posts by adzmccauley Add adzmccauley to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top