Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance

Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance Valuable service and maintenance information. Also discussion which engine and transmission fluids you use.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:27 PM   Thread Starter #1
MR 809
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 81

Reputation Level: 19
Kenji will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Banner of The Month  

/ Point Value: 10

Default Fidelity Warranty Service

fuck fidelity warranty services, to the OG members this is the warranty that i got from winterfaust (chris) i took my car in because my ABS where acting up and my timing chain was making noise, well i got a call back from the dealer telling me that they denied my claim because my car was modified, WTF? i called fidelity and they told me that my claim was denied because it was modified , i told him yes it is but i don't have any engine modifications besides a CAI, he told me that my contract states that i shouldn't have any modifications,(thanks a lot winterfaust for selling me a warranty knowing that i couldn't use it) after going back and forth with fidelity, they called my dealer and asked if my modifications had anything to do with what's wrong with my car, they said no and that nissan has a bulletin for the timing chain because it is a common issue, so my case was reopened but with one condition, i had to agree to be responsible to pay if when they open my engine they find that the timing chain went bad because of something i did
Old 10-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 74
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Fidelity Warranty Service

Ridiculous !
What year is your car? Do you know what the bulletin for the timing chain is all about?

Good Luck

Thunder

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
Official Member
Donating Member

Official Member #: 110

Reputation Level: 20
dstruc is on a distinguished road

thats a bunch of bs
Old 10-14-2010, 06:38 PM   Thread Starter #4
MR 809

My Awards:
Banner of The Month  

Originally Posted by thundershott View Post
Ridiculous !
What year is your car? Do you know what the bulletin for the timing chain is all about?

Good Luck

Thunder
mine is an 06, the bulletin is for all 6th gens, basically alot of our cars start making noises cause of the timing chain and nissan recognised this problem and sent a bulletin out and one for the abs sensor too
Kenji is offline   Send a private message to Kenji Find more posts by Kenji Add Kenji to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
King Of R.I
Donating Member

Official Member #: 114

Reputation Level: 33
BLKMAGIC has a spectacular aura aboutBLKMAGIC has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Awards:
V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Banner of The Month  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Honorable Ride  

yea, its actually the tensioners that go bad, not the chain. That sucks though man, I almost bought one from him back in the day, now i'm glad I didn't.
2004 Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew
1991 Nissan Maxima GXE
BLKMAGIC is offline   Send a private message to BLKMAGIC Find more posts by BLKMAGIC Add BLKMAGIC to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #6

Official Member #: 88

Reputation Level: 11
durell_usmc is an unknown quantity at this point

yea me too I was gonna get one so when my extended ran out i'd have another one in case my tranny went out again.....glad i didnt
Old 10-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Administrator

Official Member #: 75

Qwikhas will become famous soon enough

i'm kinda glad i didnt get that one. Sorry to hear about your troubles though.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #8

Official Member #: 1

EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Kenji that fucking sucks man. The only thing I could see them complaning about is the intake but damn that should have no relation to the timing chain tensioner. That is why there is a TSB because its a very common problem. This is why I hate buying aftermarket warranties. At the end of the day its better just paying as needed instead of getting some shit that will become useless.

Good luck bro!!!

Originally Posted by thundershott View Post
Ridiculous !

Good Luck

Thunder
I just posted the actual TSB on this issue that you can print out and take to your dealer.

http://my6thgen.org/f7/ntb07-042c-timing-chain-ticking-tsb-4313/#post71343

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
Premier Member

Official Member #: 84

Maxifun is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Banner of The Month  

V.I.P Member  

wow dood that sucks. I've always been told aftermarket warrantys were bs...
Old 10-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #10
Queen's Official 6.5 Gen
Donating Member

Official Member #: 40

Reputation Level: 31
I3LAZEN will become famous soon enoughI3LAZEN will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
V.I.P Member  

Honorable Ride  

Damn that sux bro.
I3LAZEN is offline   Send a private message to I3LAZEN Find more posts by I3LAZEN Add I3LAZEN to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
mr. bigs

Official Member #: 8

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

i got Fidelity as well from chirs and i remember him mentioning if im not mistaken that that will cover you even if your modified. well obviously i guess thats wrong.

hope it works out dude. i need to bring my car in soon for a airbag sensor so hopefully they pay for it since im not that modified like you.
bdmaxima is banned   Send a private message to bdmaxima Find more posts by bdmaxima Add bdmaxima to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
Parking Lot Pimpin
Donating Member

Official Member #: 78

Reputation Level: 35
PapaL has a spectacular aura aboutPapaL has a spectacular aura aboutPapaL has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Refresh my memory me some since its been awhile since I had any TSB work done. A TSB does not mean the dealer HAS to fix it correct? (unlike a recall) It merely means they've had enough problems that Nissan has written a Technical Bulletin to better manage the problem, yeah? So by printing it out and strolling into the dealer with it, doesn't mean they'll give a crap?

Originally Posted by 20inlowpros View Post
^^^Nice ass bro!!
Originally Posted by chulo View Post
oh man! pm me if u want to get big by august
PapaL is offline   Send a private message to PapaL Find more posts by PapaL Add PapaL to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #13

EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Refresh my memory me some since its been awhile since I had any TSB work done. A TSB does not mean the dealer HAS to fix it correct? (unlike a recall) It merely means they've had enough problems that Nissan has written a Technical Bulletin to better manage the problem, yeah? So by printing it out and strolling into the dealer with it, doesn't mean they'll give a crap?
I was just making a thread on that lollll wowsersss

It will answer you question

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2010, 03:04 AM   #14
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kenji View Post
fuck fidelity warranty services, to the OG members this is the warranty that i got from winterfaust (chris) i took my car in because my ABS where acting up and my timing chain was making noise, well i got a call back from the dealer telling me that they denied my claim because my car was modified, WTF? i called fidelity and they told me that my claim was denied because it was modified , i told him yes it is but i don't have any engine modifications besides a CAI, he told me that my contract states that i shouldn't have any modifications,(thanks a lot winterfaust for selling me a warranty knowing that i couldn't use it) after going back and forth with fidelity, they called my dealer and asked if my modifications had anything to do with what's wrong with my car, they said no and that nissan has a bulletin for the timing chain because it is a common issue, so my case was reopened but with one condition, i had to agree to be responsible to pay if when they open my engine they find that the timing chain went bad because of something i did
THAT'S EXACTLY what I went through, not with your same insurance though. I forgot the fuckers I had, but they blamed timing chain noise on my CAI, which is the ONLY thing I had at the time. My contract clearly stated that they don't cover any engine that's modified by any part that's not Nissan made, so I had the dealer print out proofs that Nismo is made by Nissan (another reason why it's better to get Nismo CAI)... I paid the cost ($1,600) and sued their asses for preach of contract. I got my $1,600, $1800 I paid for warranty + $500 for pissing me off :rofl3:.

Keep working on it, they're just BSing to not pay. importroller (Shawn) use to work for a warranty company, and he told me they train their employees to always deny claims, regardless of what it is. Then, if the customer fights it, then MAYBE they'll cover it.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #15
The Bandit

Official Member #: 15

Reputation Level: 23
K-Ryder will become famous soon enough

My Awards:

Visit K-Ryder's Facebook Visit K-Ryder's PS3 Profile Visit K-Ryder's YouTube

3.0 ftw....but that was a bunch of BS they gave you. glad they re-opened it.
K-Ryder is offline   Send a private message to K-Ryder Find more posts by K-Ryder Add K-Ryder to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #16

It really dumb how you pay for this service and when you need it... they try to deny you instanly regardless if you are stock or not. As the law says, they would need to prove that the cold air intake caused the problem.

Did the fucking intake suck into too much air that it cracked the tensioners. Something they are capable of saying. Those representatives don't know shit about cars. They see something thats a different color in the engine bay, they want to say thats the problem.

Sorry you had to go through this but I would fight it. I would have removed the intake and said the motor was all stock because an aftermarket intake is all it takes for them to deny you a 1K+ job that they should be covering.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Old 10-15-2010, 09:29 AM   #17
Official my6thgen.org Weatherman

Official Member #: 47

Reputation Level: 12
packetattack is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Read your contracts carefully before signing anything. Have an attorney review it if necessary. I deal with contracts all day long, if you don't know what you've signed and what terms and conditions you're being bound to, you can be up the creek when you need to collect, insurance policies especially.

Deadbolt, glad to hear you were able to sue for breach of contract, you're 100% correct, insurance companies are in the business to make as much money as possible, not to pay claims. I used to work on the insurance advocacy side so I definitely know how these reps are trained.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #18

Check the Texas Craiglists Classifieds Kenji. They usually have some good deals on slightly used hand grenades. lol jk jk

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #19

Kenji I moved it to our warranty section for more visibility.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Old 10-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #20
Official Member

Official Member #: 38

Reputation Level: 10
Mr3xclusiv3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, I just bought the 25/25 Xtra Care Warranty from Warranty Direct. Has anybody had any issues with them? My tensioner has gone bad as well and this is the main reason I bought the warranty, plus I want them to fix my sunroof since its squeaking.
Mr3xclusiv3 is offline   Send a private message to Mr3xclusiv3 Find more posts by Mr3xclusiv3 Add Mr3xclusiv3 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM   Thread Starter #21
MR 809

My Awards:
Banner of The Month  

well i got some good news today, they are paying for my timing chain and motor mounts, thank God that the guy i complained to was a car guy, he was able that my wheels where the same diameter as my 18's and that the CAI didn't have anything to do with the tensioners
Old 10-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #22
Premier Member

Official Member #: 84

Maxifun is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Banner of The Month  

V.I.P Member  

Cool, sucks you had to go through crap to get it done though.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #23

Official Member #: 1041

Reputation Level: 0
othehustla is an unknown quantity at this point

well dont ever use penn warrantie company the whole time i had them as a extended warranty they did nothing for me a waste of 3000 man was i pissed
othehustla is offline   Send a private message to othehustla Find more posts by othehustla Add othehustla to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2010, 08:11 AM   #24

^^ Just about all of those aftermarket warranties are on to burn people.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Old 10-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #25
Administrator

Official Member #: 75

Qwikhas will become famous soon enough

This is pretty much why i just went with the factory extended warranty. $2700 bucks has already paid for itself in just 18 months.