Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance

Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance Valuable service and maintenance information. Also discussion which engine and transmission fluids you use.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:56 PM   Thread Starter #1
Quicksilver
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 138

Reputation Level: 50
RAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

Default F*ck A Warranty!!!!!

Clutch took a crap on me today. Called my warranty that I bought for $3000 and got the great news. It is not covered. What the fuck is the point of buying this bull shit. Nothing covered ever breaks down. Im trading this shit in, I don't have time to deal with this bullshit. Car is a 2006 has less then 50K and has been babied, no reason to give me issues like this. Fuck this car.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
Premier Member

Official Member #: 11

Reputation Level: 41
CleanMaxx has a spectacular aura aboutCleanMaxx has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Visit CleanMaxx's Twitter Visit CleanMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: Fuck a warranty!!!!!

I see why your pissed. I think everyone is affraid to post bc raz might rip off their face.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
The Local 6.5 Gen

Official Member #: 564

Reputation Level: 26
cgoss will become famous soon enoughcgoss will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Been down that road before. Sucks.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
Official Member
Donating Member

Official Member #: 110

Reputation Level: 20
dstruc is on a distinguished road

thats sucks dude. thats why i didnt get any warranty for the max. i rather take it to a mechanic than a dealer.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:01 PM   Thread Starter #5
Quicksilver

RAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by CleanMaxx View Post
I see why your pissed. I think everyone is affraid to post bc raz might rip off their face.
Im not going to take it on anyone here. I just barely got home and I would expect this type of crap from an old POS not a fairly new vehicle that I baby.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
Premier Member

Official Member #: 11

Reputation Level: 41
CleanMaxx has a spectacular aura aboutCleanMaxx has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Honorable Ride  

Visit CleanMaxx's Twitter Visit CleanMaxx's YouTube

Originally Posted by Raz76 View Post
Im not going to take it on anyone here. I just barely got home and I would expect this type of crap from an old POS not a fairly new vehicle that I baby.
yea, I remember you posting all the time about how you barely even drive the car. Only 50k, thats sad.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 PM   Thread Starter #7
Quicksilver

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

What makes me really mad is because I have been down this road before and because of that lesson, I never buy this bullshit. However this time around, I listened to my wife and now Im in this predicament. I don't feel like doing this myself nor do I have the time anymore. I know if i take it anywhere, it will be 1500 or more.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 73
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Raz,
Down boy, it's me Thundershott. Remember me? I am a friend.
I am inching closer. Smell my hand. I want hurt you and you want hurt me.
See, Nice Raz , that's it boy. Niiicccce Raz. Be nice.

Good boy. That's my good Raz.

Now what's the problem. You'll get the clutch fixed. It's not the end of the world.

Raaazzzzz, where you riding the clutch?

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: F*ck A Warranty!!!!!

What makes me really mad is because I have been down this road before and because of that lesson, I never buy this bullshit. However this time around, I listened to my wife and now Im in this predicament. I don't feel like doing this myself nor do I have the time anymore. I know if i take it anywhere, it will be 1500 or more.
Razy,

You have to play their game their way. They always deny claims at first, unless you argue it. Take off aftermarket wheels or engine mods like intake, etc. Read your warranty carefully and make sure it says the part is covered and call them. Rip them a new asshole if you had to, but don't give up. They're trained to deny claims.. Importroller use to work for one, and this is what he told me. Play their game their way and always be strict and demand what's rightfully yours.

You already paid $3K, so do what you have to do to get what YOU paid for. Patience bro, and all will work out fine.

Posted Via Tapatalk Biiiaaaatttccchhh

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #10

Official Member #: 1

EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Agreed Rani. Its like a plea bargain. Fight it.

Posted Via Tapatalk

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2011, 07:13 PM   Thread Starter #11
Quicksilver

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

It's not that they denied the claim. I haven't even take it to the dealer. I called them and asked them if the labor involved or the parts are covered, they said no, not if it's the clutch that failed.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:15 PM   Thread Starter #12
Quicksilver

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by thundershott View Post
Raaazzzzz, where you riding the clutch?
I've been driving clutch for the past 18 years, I don't ride my clutch. I know how to drive manual very well. Oh and it is the end of the world because I don't want to spend the money I was going to mod it to fix it. I'll just trade it in and be done with it.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #13
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

It's not that they denied the claim. I haven't even take it to the dealer. I called them and asked them if the labor involved or the parts are covered, they said no, not if it's the clutch that failed.
Bro, listen to me. They're trained to deny shit... that's what they do. Just like any insurance company, including health insurance. Believe me, the only way to deal with it is to get the booklet that says what parts they cover and read the modified vehicle section carefully. If they don't cover modified vehicle (which most likely they don't), take off your wheels and any visible engine mods AFTER you read their booklet of info, then take it in and fight it off.

Even if you had to pay for repairs and take them to court... it'll cost them more to hire an attorney to fight your case in your city than to pay you off for repairs. Sometimes you have to take things further steps to make a statement. Companies avoid paying for anything if they can. But, it's the consumer that either lets BS fly or puts their foot down to say NO.

Read your info packet/booklet or whatever they supplied you with when you got the warranty and go from there. Step by step and you'll get this resolved soon.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #14
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 73
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

I've been driving clutch for the past 18 years, I don't ride my clutch. I know how to drive manual very well. Oh and it is the end of the world because I don't want to spend the money I was going to mod it to fix it. I'll just trade it in and be done with it.
Raz, I was only trying to make you smile.

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #15
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 140

Reputation Level: 51
Chemax has a spectacular aura aboutChemax has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

I feel your pain dude. Sorry man

Half of me thinks that a clutch would definitely be covered. Then again, it is a part that is meant to be worn down and eventually fail. THEN AGAIN... I've never heard of a clutch failing that soon. I've had beaters where the clutch went out at least over 100k miles.

Maybe you just don't want to deal with the hassle. I can understand that. I'm guessing it'd be tough to trade in a vehicle that has a bad clutch though. Make some kore inquiries, I bet you could argue your way into it being covered 100%.

Good luck dude.

mmm.... chorizo
-csiepka
Chemax is offline   Send a private message to Chemax Find more posts by Chemax Add Chemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #16

Official Member #: 492

Reputation Level: 9
swanginmaxx419 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

go talk to the finance department that sells u the warranty and tell them to print u the list of everything thats covered. when i bought my car preowned i went ahead and bought the warranty "BUMPER TO BUMPER" as i was told. first thing the service department told me when my ac went out is that there is no such thing as bumper to bumper on preowned cars and that finance dept lied. so i walked in asked for finance manager and told him to call service department to tell him to fix it since they lied and said bumper to bumper is covered. it might turn into a big arguement but they ended up fixing my ac they had no choice my the seller had wrote bumper to bumper coverage on my original purchasing paperwork.. "FALSE ADVERTISMENT"
swanginmaxx419 is offline   Send a private message to swanginmaxx419 Find more posts by swanginmaxx419 Add swanginmaxx419 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #17

Official Member #: 1460

Reputation Level: 9
GrnZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Change the clutch .. ? You must not like your Max too much to wanna trade it in because the clutch went out
GrnZ is offline   Send a private message to GrnZ Find more posts by GrnZ Add GrnZ to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2011, 01:28 AM   Thread Starter #18
Quicksilver

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by GrnZ View Post
Change the clutch .. ? You must not like your Max too much to wanna trade it in because the clutch went out
No, my issues is that this car should not be experiencing this type of issues when Im under 50K. I don't drag race my car, there's no reason for it. I want to get rid of it now and not because of just he clutch but because it makes me wonder of what's to come and what else will break that's not covered. A car with early issues means a headache down the road.

For those giving me advice on how to deal with the warranty people, thanks but I have many years experience with this. I use to have my own business buying and selling cars. I know how everything works. I also know how to replace the clutch myself, done it many times before on other cars I have owned, plus shops I have worked in. I've had my ASE for about 15 years.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:43 AM   #19
The Bandit

Official Member #: 15

Reputation Level: 23
K-Ryder will become famous soon enough

My Awards:

Visit K-Ryder's Facebook Visit K-Ryder's PS3 Profile Visit K-Ryder's YouTube

No, my issues is that this car should not be experiencing this type of issues when Im under 50K. I don't drag race my car, there's no reason for it. I want to get rid of it now and not because of just he clutch but because it makes me wonder of what's to come and what else will break that's not covered. A car with early issues means a headache down the road.

For those giving me advice on how to deal with the warranty people, thanks but I have many years experience with this. I use to have my own business buying and selling cars. I know how everything works. I also know how to replace the clutch myself, done it many times before on other cars I have owned, plus shops I have worked in. I've had my ASE for about 15 years.
So why all this then, what is the point behind this monstrosity ..DIY
K-Ryder is offline   Send a private message to K-Ryder Find more posts by K-Ryder Add K-Ryder to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #20
East LA's Official 6th Gen Maxima

Official Member #: 206

Reputation Level: 15
georgelv1999 is on a distinguished road

Raz, is the car not worth the repair and/or the fight for them to give you the money back?

But you are right, with 50k the clutch shouldn't be going out. Then again, how many 6-speeds are out there that have the same problem? You might have been SOL on that one bro.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:56 AM   Thread Starter #21
Quicksilver

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by K-Ryder View Post
So why all this then, what is the point behind this monstrosity ..DIY
Because this is the Vent and Rant area not technical area. I was not asking for help or what to do, I was just venting. Get it now?!! I was pissed off, upset and I made a thread to vent. Anything else retarded you would like to say? Stay on topic or by pass my thread.

Last edited by RAZ76; 03-08-2011 at 08:20 AM.
RAZ76 is offline   Send a private message to RAZ76 Find more posts by RAZ76 Add RAZ76 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM   Thread Starter #22
Quicksilver

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by georgelv1999 View Post
Raz, is the car not worth the repair and/or the fight for them to give you the money back?

But you are right, with 50k the clutch shouldn't be going out. Then again, how many 6-speeds are out there that have the same problem? You might have been SOL on that one bro.
You are correct. I've had nothing but issues with this 6spd ever since I got it. Mainly the pedal sticking to the floor during the summer months. From what I hear Infinities have the same issues. Im very inclined to find someone local and trade them the 6spd for auto transmission, free and clear. Then give the car to my wife since she loves this car but wont drive manual.

Last edited by RAZ76; 03-08-2011 at 08:21 AM.
RAZ76 is offline   Send a private message to RAZ76 Find more posts by RAZ76 Add RAZ76 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #23
Always For Self

Official Member #: 50

Reputation Level: 18
craze is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

Visit craze's Facebook Visit craze's PS3 Profile

Wow I say just take ya time n any decision you choose....

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #24

Official Member #: 27

Reputation Level: 13
Jammaxx is on a distinguished road

My Awards:

Raz bro I know the feeling oh so well. My clutch went two weeks after my car come out the shop after my accident. Warranty company told me that the clutch is considered a wear and tear item and wud not be covered. When I had my tranny replaced under warranty, I had to buy the clutch, that's how bad it is. I know your pissed off and I wud be too but shop around, I am sure you can find a shop that will do the repair for way less then 1500. Good luck bro.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #25
East LA's Official 6th Gen Maxima

Official Member #: 206

Reputation Level: 15
georgelv1999 is on a distinguished road

Bro if I lived close to you and my car was paid off I'd trade you in a hearbeat! I think that's the only thing missing from my car, it being stick-shift. Good luck. I'm sure you know those Maximas are rare, and considering that you did the 6.5 swap, even more rare, so I'm sure you could fine someone that will pay you a good price for it, even in it's current state.