Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance

Service, Recalls, Warranty & Maintenance Valuable service and maintenance information. Also discussion which engine and transmission fluids you use.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:23 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default CVT - Cooling Information FYI

I’ve noticed a few members in the FaceBook groups and forum asking about aftermarket CVT transmissions coolers. At the end of the day, it is up to you if you want to add an additional cooler. Just don’t go to your dealer with it when you need warranty work. They will say your transmissions had been modded/tampered with and they have 100% right to deny your warranty on the transmission.

The CVT has its own unique cooling system to satisfy the needs of “Daily & Normal Driving”. This is why Nissan is confident in offering an extended warranty on it. Now if you are planning on taking your car to the track… a cooler will definitely help to help combat the excessive heats from those runs. But how many owners...are planning on taking their 07-08's to the track?

I’m not saying you can’t or shouldn’t do it. I’m pretty sure you can install a generic aftermarket cooler. And, If you do decide to it… you can just look at it as extra protection. But overall, this is something would consider doing AFTER warranty…given its approx. 4k price tag to replace. Not including labor.

CVT Diagram

Click the image to open in full size.

Interesting Information About Cooling System

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2012, 12:25 PM   Thread Starter #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: CVT – Cooling Information FYI

This also applies to the 2009+ Maximas. I looked at the FSM and it was nearly identical.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top