Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:49 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 3911

Reputation Level: 0
Spoon3.5SE is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Wrecked my Max. Airbag question

First off, I rear ended another vehicle today and wrecked the front of my 2006 3.5se

How do I remove the deployed airbag, so I can get it out of the way?

2nd, at a minimum so far, I need a radiator and a grill. Does anyone have one of these used, but in good shape. I, like most of us, am working on a tight budget, so if you have either of these you could lend to the cause, just shoot me a message with your asking price.

I will need an airbag unit at some point, so if anyone has any advice on that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Spoon3.5SE is offline   Send a private message to Spoon3.5SE Find more posts by Spoon3.5SE Add Spoon3.5SE to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
M Towns Finest

Official Member #: 5140

Reputation Level: 22
chris72983 will become famous soon enoughchris72983 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Wrecked my Max. Airbag question

Originally Posted by Spoon3.5SE View Post
I will need an airbag unit at some point, so if anyone has any advice on that, it would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear about your accident. Airbags are very expensive, and are the reason lots of older cars are totaled when the damage really dosent seem that bad
Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Official Sweet Action 6.5gen

Official Member #: 117

Reputation Level: 66
Nismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Official Ride  

/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Honorable Ride  

Visit Nismo4Life07's Facebook Visit Nismo4Life07's PS3 Profile Visit Nismo4Life07's YouTube

It's most likely totaled. Sorry bro.

I guarantee you'll need a bumper support and brackets too. You need to fully check the car out.

Last edited by Nismo4Life07; 07-25-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Nismo4Life07 is offline   Send a private message to Nismo4Life07 Find more posts by Nismo4Life07 Add Nismo4Life07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Official Ride  

You'll have to check with one of the Nissan techs, but from the classes that I've been to, you may need to replace the airbag control module along with the airbags...Also, I believe it is illegal to remove the airbag and drive the vehicle without replacing it...I know it's done all the time...just so you know.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 33
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Spoon3.5SE View Post
First off, I rear ended another vehicle today and wrecked the front of my 2006 3.5se

How do I remove the deployed airbag, so I can get it out of the way?

2nd, at a minimum so far, I need a radiator and a grill. Does anyone have one of these used, but in good shape. I, like most of us, am working on a tight budget, so if you have either of these you could lend to the cause, just shoot me a message with your asking price.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear about you accident. I would reccomend looking at http://www.car-part.com/
This is an online connector to all the wrecking yards in North america that sell parts online. Just input your zip and the part you need and you will find used parts you are in need of sometimes very close to your home. I Just did a quick check on the steering wheel airbag and they are going for $700-1300.

I have a pair of curtain airbags but i doubt you need those. I bought a brand new rad for $150. You can use a 5-6.5 gen rad btw.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top