Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:16 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1648

Reputation Level: 0
alchemist.zim is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default VIAS not staying open

I'm having a small issue with the VIAS. Had the car in neutral and revved the engine to check the movement of the VIAS. Around 3k the circuit opens, but then immediately closes. I thought it was supposed to open and stay open if the engine was over 3.5k. I checked the hose, and there is consistent suction when the circuit is activated. I'm getting no CEL codes

The reason that I'm asking is because I'm losing some top-end acceleration in 3rd-6th gears. Wanted to know if this could be the cause of it

Anyone have any ideas?
alchemist.zim is offline   Send a private message to alchemist.zim Find more posts by alchemist.zim Add alchemist.zim to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: VIAS not staying open

Did you got it scanned for codes ! Might help a little bit .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
Reputable Member

My bad , just reread your post , no codes . Checked for vaccuum leaks too !

You checked the solenoid & it opens & closes right . Test power wire to solenoid in order to know if it works . Check its ground also .

The vaccuum hoses might be bad .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,

Last edited by sprocketser; 12-05-2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Added stuff .
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #4

Official Member #: 15559

SrRuiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Might want to just put a block off plate instead, it worked for me.

Sent from my Moto X
MAnNy07 (12-05-2014)
SrRuiz is offline   Send a private message to SrRuiz Find more posts by SrRuiz Add SrRuiz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 9697

Reputation Level: 6
Sammaxvq35 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree^^ just get rid of it & get the bop.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 2035

Reputation Level: 10
Costee is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Originally Posted by alchemist.zim View Post
I'm having a small issue with the VIAS. Had the car in neutral and revved the engine to check the movement of the VIAS. Around 3k the circuit opens, but then immediately closes. I thought it was supposed to open and stay open if the engine was over 3.5k. I checked the hose, and there is consistent suction when the circuit is activated. I'm getting no CEL codes
By getting no codes, did you actually scan to verify that or you mean you don't have the SES light on? This is because the VIAS does not trigger-off the SES light, though it pulls the P1800 dtc. Let's know whether you ran a scan. At any rate you may check the ESM for the code.
Costee is offline   Send a private message to Costee Find more posts by Costee Add Costee to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2014, 01:23 PM   Thread Starter #7

Official Member #: 1648

alchemist.zim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Costee View Post
By getting no codes, did you actually scan to verify that or you mean you don't have the SES light on? This is because the VIAS does not trigger-off the SES light, though it pulls the P1800 dtc. Let's know whether you ran a scan. At any rate you may check the ESM for the code.
i scanned for codes, and come up with nothing...unfortunately due to the weather, i was unable to get to the garage this past weekend. i'm going to jack up the front of the car, and go through the gears, and check to see if it stays open while the wheels are spinning.

thanks for everyones help
alchemist.zim is offline   Send a private message to alchemist.zim Find more posts by alchemist.zim Add alchemist.zim to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #8
Reputable Member

Will check it out for updates .