Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:02 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14007

Reputation Level: 0
secanonymous is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Stumble, No Power After Y-pipe & Rear Mount

I replaced the rear motor mount and installed RacingLine's y-pipe (new) on my 2005 Maxima 5AT (69k miles) last night.

It started up fine last night and this morning. However as soon as I pulled out of my driveway I noticed a slight loss of power which diminished to virtually no power with intermittent stalling.
  • -No CEL, but haven't checked pending codes.
  • -I re-used my oxygen sensor (and plugged-in) which seemed fine.
  • -I tried to drop the new mount in through the top below my Injen intake, but decided it wouldn't work--but the intake tube was removed and unplugged. I obviously reinstalled the tube and reconnected the (air temp sensor?) plug.
  • -The car made a brief unusual strange mechanical (actuator) sound when I was backing it out of the driveway. If I had to guess, it sounded like the intake butterfly.
  • -The exhaust on the car did not "smell rich" but it spat out a fuq-ton of water vapor (not antifreeze/head gasket).
  • -I did not perform any re-learns or reset the computer.

Any advice is truly appreciated. All symptoms described are new. The only performance mods I have is the Injen intake and NWP spacers. New plugs were installed less than 3k miles ago.

Thank you!

Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.
secanonymous is offline   Send a private message to secanonymous Find more posts by secanonymous Add secanonymous to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 6
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Stumble, No Power After Y-pipe & Rear Mount

I would say reset the computer and go from there
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 33
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

You need to check/clear pending codes first.
Then you need to perform re-learns.
ive posted the instructions to the throttle body/idle air relearns in numerous treads. They are also in the FSM.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
KobyG04 (02-13-2014)
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2014, 06:30 PM   Thread Starter #4

Official Member #: 14007

Reputation Level: 0
secanonymous is an unknown quantity at this point

Problem solved, thanks guys. I didn't tighten the intake tube and it fell off.

However, I still have that strange actuator sound when I rev past idle and when the engine returns to idle.

Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.
secanonymous is offline   Send a private message to secanonymous Find more posts by secanonymous Add secanonymous to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top

Tags
intake sensor, no power, stalling, stumbling, y-pipe

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions