Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:24 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15806

Reputation Level: 0
cyrax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default SRS Airbag on; Next step?

Ahoy to all.
I noticed my SRS airbag light on the dash started to blink. So I did a search on the forum and followed the reset procedure. Following the reset procedure did not help.
Went to a friendly non-Nissan dealership and the error codes: B1049 and B1054 and these are for an open circuit for the driver side airbag. If it matters at all, the horn and the other controls seem to work.

At this stage after having read quite a bit and going through the service manual, I need to test the wiring harness but I am unable to find out where it is and how I can test if it is the culprit or not. I'd like to do the diagnosis and if I can't I'll need to take it to the stealership.

All suggestions are welcome.
cyrax is offline   Send a private message to cyrax Find more posts by cyrax Add cyrax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #2

Official Member #: 15887

Reputation Level: 5
Cammus is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: SRS Airbag on; Next step?

I removed my driver seatbelt because it was lazy, so I unplugged it and cleaned it. BUT the airbag light came on.
So I did some procedures to see which code it was, 1 long blink, 3 shorts (code 1) donīt remember right now but it has something to do with the restrain seatbelt or something.
Anyways, I replaced it. Nothing...the srs is still there.
Avital remote starter
Cammus is offline   Send a private message to Cammus Find more posts by Cammus Add Cammus to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-22-2016, 12:08 AM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 15806

Reputation Level: 0
cyrax is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: SRS Airbag on; Next step?

Closing this thread. I finally fixed the light today and then reset the SRS system.
cyrax is offline   Send a private message to cyrax Find more posts by cyrax Add cyrax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top