Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:08 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 18469

Reputation Level: 0
SeeStevenGo is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Shift lock issue

Picked up an 06 SL and to move the shifter from park to drive I have to hold the shift lock tab down. Anyone know a fix for this issue? My old lady got pissed when she tried to drive it this morning but couldn't get it in drive lol
SeeStevenGo is offline   Send a private message to SeeStevenGo Find more posts by SeeStevenGo Add SeeStevenGo to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #2

Official Member #: 14651

Reputation Level: 7
Dannyky2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit Dannyky2's PS3 Profile
Default Re: Shift lock issue

This sort of thing happened to me a while back. My brake light fuse kept going bad due to a wiring issue with my spoiler.

A problem like this can be caused by many different things, such as a bad brake light fuse, a bad brake switch, or possibly bad rear brake lights. These are all easily replaced but if none of that works, then there may be a more serious wiring issue or bad ground points.
Dannyky2 is offline   Send a private message to Dannyky2 Find more posts by Dannyky2 Add Dannyky2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2017, 06:50 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 18469

Reputation Level: 0
SeeStevenGo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I will look into all of that

Posted Via Tapatalk
SeeStevenGo is offline   Send a private message to SeeStevenGo Find more posts by SeeStevenGo Add SeeStevenGo to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2017, 02:46 PM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 2035

Reputation Level: 10
Costee is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Originally Posted by SeeStevenGo View Post
Picked up an 06 SL and to move the shifter from park to drive I have to hold the shift lock tab down. Anyone know a fix for this issue? My old lady got pissed when she tried to drive it this morning but couldn't get it in drive lol
Your shift lock control unit has probably gone bad. It's a small rectangular part located left to the steering under the dash. The part# is 28540-7Y00A.
SeeStevenGo (04-28-2017)
Costee is offline   Send a private message to Costee Find more posts by Costee Add Costee to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top