Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:21 AM   Thread Starter #1
Glendales Official 6th Gen
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 35
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard
Default Personalized License Plates

hey guys so ive been wanting to get personalized license plates for a while, and me and my friend had a bet that I WON!! woohoo!!! so he has to pay for my first year personalized plates (about $50), anyways, i just renewed my tags about 2 months ago, in order to get personalized plates do i have too wait til next year to get plates when i renew my tags or can i get them whenever? how does it work? and if i get personalized plates now do they send me the tags

@Deadbolt any suggestions, i know youve had personalized plates on your past/recent cars

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #2

Official Member #: 158

Reputation Level: 32
Hmax will become famous soon enoughHmax will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:

Default Re: Personalized License Plates

Why dot you go on to the DMV site for your state and check

Want 12HP More?- CLICK HERE
Thundershott (04-07-2012)
Hmax is offline   Send a private message to Hmax Find more posts by Hmax Add Hmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 73
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

What do you think this is, the D.M. V.?

Do as @Hmax suggests.

Call or visit your states D.M.V. website. Most answers will be found there.

It seems only logical to me since you recently renewed your tags that if you want new tags now, you will have to pay again for the tag fee.

You will first need to submit a request for the personalized tag you want. The D.M.V. will then do a search to see if the combination of letters and or numbers you are requesting are available. Usually you are required to put down at least three choices as your first may not be available.

Remember personalized tags come at a high price and also make your car more memorable to other drivers in the event you do something illegal.

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Poetic Max

Official Member #: 2199

Kontra-vers-E will become famous soon enoughKontra-vers-E will become famous soon enough

Visit Kontra-vers-E's Facebook Visit Kontra-vers-E's PS3 Profile

All you would have to pay is for the plates and the extra charge for personalized plates.

As far as what to get, how many characters can you have on your plates? In Ga. its only seven.

Greatness in the making...
Kontra-vers-E is offline   Send a private message to Kontra-vers-E Find more posts by Kontra-vers-E Add Kontra-vers-E to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Go to DMV.CA.GOV and click on personalized plates. Select the right answer from the drop down menu, select the plate background, but make sure to read the initial price for each and how much extra you'll pay each year. Then, check the combo of letters/numbers you want on your plate to see if it's available. If it is, then pay for it and wait 8-12 weeks for it to be issued and they'll send you a notice.

You can order plates anytime of the year, not just when you renew registration. They'll be picked up at the local DMV office you select. At that time, they'll issue you a new registration card to state the plate you're putting on it. Make sure to surrender the old plates at the same time you pick up new. That's all there is to it.

The plates I currently own:

MJNOOON - first plate on my GSXR

BY BY 5 O - had it on my GSXR1000

URE 2SLW - had it on panda, now in my room

QWT H8NG - on my 7th gen

good luck

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Premier Member

Official Member #: 4145

Reputation Level: 12
SH@Y86 is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Supporting Family Member  

Visit SH@Y86's Facebook Visit SH@Y86's Xbox Gamercard

I thought about doing the same but I don't like the color of the personalized ones here in Kansas..what Ima do instead is support one of Kansas' trust funds like this one Kansas Children's Cabinet & Trust Fund and drive around with a license plate for a good cause...every state should have different ones to offer if you like the idea

sn: oh shoot look at Kontra's new sig!

Last edited by SH@Y86; 04-07-2012 at 12:43 PM.
SH@Y86 is offline   Send a private message to SH@Y86 Find more posts by SH@Y86 Add SH@Y86 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #7

Official Member #: 3899

Reputation Level: 9
WIMax437 is an unknown quantity at this point

No you don't have to wait til next year. I did the same thing and they just transfer over your tags and cancel your other plates. So the send you in the mail your new plates and tags for your new plates.

But just a warning they cancel your plates as soon as you order the new ones so you would be driving around with canceled plates until you receive your custom plates. (I got pulled over for it) So just make sure you keep your paper work in your car showing that you ordered new plates and you should be fine.

Last edited by WIMax437; 04-07-2012 at 01:08 PM.
WIMax437 is offline   Send a private message to WIMax437 Find more posts by WIMax437 Add WIMax437 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tothemax04 View Post
No you don't have to wait til next year. I did the same thing and they just transfer over your tags and cancel your other plates. So the send you in the mail your new plates and tags for your new plates.

But just a warning they cancel your plates as soon as you order the new ones so you would be driving around with canceled plates until you receive your custom plates. (I got pulled over for it) So just make sure you keep your paper work in your car showing that you ordered new plates and you should be fine.
Is that in CA? I never heard that before. Normally, when you order a plate, it's not assigned until you go to the DMV and pick it up. At that time you surrender your old plates and they issues new registration. I went through that every time.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #9

No not for California. I thought all the DMVs worked the same way. Well thats how it went for me. The just mailed me my new plates ans stickers and got to keep my old plates. They were just canceled.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
Official Member

Official Member #: 2220

Reputation Level: 25
myounz will become famous soon enoughmyounz will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Lol @ majnoon. Yeah I just got mine for the first time ever like three weeks ago. The process was I filled out the form and I only put that one choice, within a week or two I had a form in the mail that told me which were chosen, then another 4-5 weeks and I had the new ones in the mail. They sent me a new registration a couple days after that and as soon as I got the new plates in the mail was when my old plates became invalid. And it only cost me a one time fee of $50. This is in New Jersey btw.

Check Out My Build Thread
http://my6thgen.org/f13/myounz-07-maxima-16702/

Also check out my instagram @_myounz
myounz is offline   Send a private message to myounz Find more posts by myounz Add myounz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 04:10 PM   Thread Starter #11
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard

@Thundershott, you're right but to be completely honest Im a very responsible driver ever since my first speeding ticket, I drive speed limit at all times and try to be as responsible as possible so that shouldn't be a problem

@Deadbolt, dude LOL @ by by 5 0!! That's awesome lol!! If I put that on my car I would get shot by the cops! Hahaha I wanted to get "LOL COPS" it's also available as well, , I was up last night figuring out plates I liked an made a list of which are available, so basically just order them online and the new plates will come with the stickers? Is that how it works? I'll Check out the site right now just in case, thanks

@Kontra-vers-E, in Cali it's 7 as well, I have a pretty cool list of plates I thought of that are available, so I'll see which I pick as my final choice

For everyone else thanks a lot for your input, really appreciate it!

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z

Last edited by Kenny; 04-07-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
Poetic Max

Official Member #: 2199

Kontra-vers-E will become famous soon enoughKontra-vers-E will become famous soon enough

Visit Kontra-vers-E's Facebook Visit Kontra-vers-E's PS3 Profile

Originally Posted by tothemax04 View Post

In Ga. you go to the Tag Office to order your new plates, they give you a temp. paper tag with an expiration date on it and you immediately out that on your car until your new plates come in. Don't know about any other states.

Greatness in the making...
Kontra-vers-E is offline   Send a private message to Kontra-vers-E Find more posts by Kontra-vers-E Add Kontra-vers-E to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #13

Originally Posted by Kontra-vers-E View Post

In Ga. you go to the Tag Office to order your new plates, they give you a temp. paper tag with an expiration date on it and you immediately out that on your car until your new plates come in. Don't know about any other states.
Must be different for every state then because what I explained was went I went through in WI
Old 04-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #14
Premier Member

Official Member #: 89

Reputation Level: 44
DAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Banner of The Month  

I have been thinking about getting KY's "lineman" license plate with 2high, toohi, or ihoot.

Inside Peanutbutter Outside Jelly
DAlastDON is offline   Send a private message to DAlastDON Find more posts by DAlastDON Add DAlastDON to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #15
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

I had ltnmax for mine for my third gen and 4th gen. Not sure if I want that now or try to get Ann EKU plate with A34

Dicho por el E4GT de Latinmaxima con Tapatalk.