Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2606

Reputation Level: 8
ataris7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default P2A00 Code: Engine Light

Ok I have gone to two different Mechanics for this P2A00 Code which throws my engine light and I can't pass emissions without spending 150 bucks each year to get an exemption. My Max runs great and gets good gas mileage. The first mechanic said it was a failed O2 sensor and had it replaced 2 years ago, however didn't do any good the engine light still came on but they exempted me for 2 years. This year I fail emissions go to the WA State approved "emissions" mechanics and they get the same P2A00 code i have had on my care for 3years now. They said the test they ran came back as Faulty Bank One Air Fuel Ratio Sensor. They fixed it and for 2 days the engine light was off and I failed emissions though got another exemption for putting more work into it. This mechanic has a 1 year warranty and will continue to diagnose and fix the problem as I already have paid them. Before I bring it back, though i have had this check engine light on for 3 years, 2 years ago I removed the VIAS and put on the BOP plate, will that in any way shape or form be causing this Code to throw the check engine light?

Thanks for your time.

Mark
ataris7 is offline   Send a private message to ataris7 Find more posts by ataris7 Add ataris7 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 33
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: P2A00 Code: Engine Light

Bop plate has nothing to do with that code. Unless you have a leak at the BOP plate alowing more unmetered air in.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #3

Official Member #: 6936

Reputation Level: 0
Dodd09 is an unknown quantity at this point

This code has haunted me for the past couple of years also. It all started after taking the car to the Stealership to replace a bad cat under warranty. I recently downloaded the FSM but have not had time to look into yet. Have replaced several parts that I have been told causes this code but nothing has fixed it yet. As soon as my dad gets time and his update on his scanner tool, we are gonna tear into this thing and get it figured out. With the CEL on, my fuel milage has dropped about 5mpg city. Good luck with the fix!
Dodd09 is offline   Send a private message to Dodd09 Find more posts by Dodd09 Add Dodd09 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Premier Member

Official Member #: 265

Reputation Level: 20
H4X1MA will become famous soon enough

Follow this: P2A01
Old 05-15-2013, 09:00 PM   Thread Starter #5

Official Member #: 2606

Reputation Level: 8
ataris7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, will be home next weekend and will see if I can pass this info to the mechanic to have a look at. Will update once I get it fixed on what caused it.
ataris7 is offline   Send a private message to ataris7 Find more posts by ataris7 Add ataris7 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top