Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:00 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 5202

Reputation Level: 8
Safiloo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Motor Mount W/O Sensor... Vibration?

Okay, Ill start by saying, NEW Shocks, tires, rims are not bent, theyre balanced, checked all the bushings, sway bar, link bars, new motor mounts except the rear one. My problem its that I have a huge vibration sometimes and its getting me crazy, when I punch it the car wobbles to much. I bought the front mount w/o the sensor, could this be the problem?. Some people disconects that cable beacuse it F**** the ECU. Please a light wisdom. And I have some rattling sound from the rear right end, like the caliper its loose but thats not it.
Safiloo1 is offline   Send a private message to Safiloo1 Find more posts by Safiloo1 Add Safiloo1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

Official Member #: 2184

Reputation Level: 69
07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice

Participation Level: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Default Re: Motor Mount W/O Sensor... Vibration?

Sure it could be that. Have you had it checked??

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
Next week Omar is taking us walking through the projects. Alex is getting raped for sure.
07maximan is offline   Send a private message to 07maximan Find more posts by 07maximan Add 07maximan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

So the wobble is only when you "punch it"? That could be how the tires mount on the wheel, or tire pressure is off. When I lowered my car with aftermarket wheels, I had crazy wobble. I replaced the rear sway bar to an aftermarket performance one and the wobble went away.

I'm also having a hard time understanding if the issue is only when you're driving or idle?

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2012, 02:15 PM   Thread Starter #4

Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
So the wobble is only when you "punch it"? That could be how the tires mount on the wheel, or tire pressure is off. When I lowered my car with aftermarket wheels, I had crazy wobble. I replaced the rear sway bar to an aftermarket performance one and the wobble went away.

I'm also having a hard time understanding if the issue is only when you're driving or idle?
Its when driving, I checked all the tires and theyre good on preassure. Is there anyone who mount this mounts without that sensor?
Safiloo1 is offline   Send a private message to Safiloo1 Find more posts by Safiloo1 Add Safiloo1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Originally Posted by Safiloo1 View Post
Its when driving, I checked all the tires and theyre good on preassure. Is there anyone who mount this mounts without that sensor?
I replaced mounts on both of my 6th gens and they had sensors front and back.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 556

Reputation Level: 9
Cheeto is an unknown quantity at this point

When's the last time you had an alignment?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:22 PM   Thread Starter #7

Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
When's the last time you had an alignment?
Same day I bought the tires like 4 months ago, align and balanced. I was thinking on ball joints.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Official Ride  

Did you get a "road force" balance? It seems like our cars are VERY sensitive to alignment issues. My wife's Altima is the same way. She gets a low speed wobble, we get a road force balance at Nissan and it goes away. I rotate the tires, it comes back. We get another road force balance and it goes away...and the cycle continues...
Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Official Member

Official Member #: 556

Reputation Level: 9
Cheeto is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you check or replace the transmission mount too? Its caused a couple of our cars to have the shaking problem. Have you checked the CV axles? Are there any rips or cracks in the rubber CV boots? Do you have factory rims or are they aftermarket? And just because a rim isn't bent doesn't mean there isn't a crack in it. I also agree that a road force balance would be beneficial.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:20 PM   Thread Starter #10

Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Did you check or replace the transmission mount too? Its caused a couple of our cars to have the shaking problem. Have you checked the CV axles? Are there any rips or cracks in the rubber CV boots? Do you have factory rims or are they aftermarket? And just because a rim isn't bent doesn't mean there isn't a crack in it. I also agree that a road force balance would be beneficial.
Tranny mount its new, but i dont checked the axles for movement but the boots are fine, my wheels are g35 coupes with 245-45zr18 news, like Isaid before I remove all the wheels checked them and nothing. This morning I did notice that the shaking was more when im finished a left curve at like 30to35 mph. Idid replace one sway bar bushing like 7 months ago but not the left one. Ill keep you guys updated.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 33
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Tranny mount its new, but i dont checked the axles for movement but the boots are fine, my wheels are g35 coupes with 245-45zr18 news, like Isaid before I remove all the wheels checked them and nothing. This morning I did notice that the shaking was more when im finished a left curve at like 30to35 mph. Idid replace one sway bar bushing like 7 months ago but not the left one. Ill keep you guys updated.
I think it has to do your motor mounts.

My car is currently vibrating bad at hard acceleration, pretty much at any speed, my top MM is torn so I am not doing that until I get it replaced. I can slowly accelerate from 45 to 85 no issues, but if I floor, I can tell there is something wrong.

1. Be 100% sure you MM are all in good shape.

Question: what did you replace your MM with? OEM or aftermarket?

Red Lion Racing (RLR) Motor Mount Bushings

The bottom motor mount is supposed to electronically managed by the ECU, they aren't cheap, had to replace one of those before as well. I kinda don't think this is your problem because I believe it stiffens up when you punch it. Softens up at cruising speeds for ride comfort.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-03-2012, 04:11 PM   Thread Starter #12

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
I think it has to do your motor mounts.

My car is currently vibrating bad at hard acceleration, pretty much at any speed, my top MM is torn so I am not doing that until I get it replaced. I can slowly accelerate from 45 to 85 no issues, but if I floor, I can tell there is something wrong.

1. Be 100% sure you MM are all in good shape.

Question: what did you replace your MM with? OEM or aftermarket?

Red Lion Racing (RLR) Motor Mount Bushings

The bottom motor mount is supposed to electronically managed by the ECU, they aren't cheap, had to replace one of those before as well. I kinda don't think this is your problem because I believe it stiffens up when you punch it. Softens up at cruising speeds for ride comfort.
Okay, there its where I want to get! I replaced Front, side and tranny mounts, the rear one its good, but the front one I decided to buy it without the sensor. my ? is; The shaking im getting its for not buying the one that have the sensor?
Old 07-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
Mile High Maxima

Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Okay, there its where I want to get! I replaced Front, side and tranny mounts, the rear one its good, but the front one I decided to buy it without the sensor. my ? is; The shaking im getting its for not buying the one that have the sensor?
Did you use OEM mounts everywhere else? And for the front, man I thought about saving money and going solid MM, but having a variable mount there, since that's what came on the car, it seemed important, so I spent the money.

When is the last time you confirmed they were all good? Did you use OEM?

Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-03-2012, 05:24 PM   Thread Starter #14

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
Did you use OEM mounts everywhere else? And for the front, man I thought about saving money and going solid MM, but having a variable mount there, since that's what came on the car, it seemed important, so I spent the money.

When is the last time you confirmed they were all good? Did you use OEM?
No, I use aftermarkets and I checked them last weekend. But I dont know man, beacuse I have some clucking sounds from the right side. strut mounts are new and the kyb gr-2 too, this weekend Ill inspect the ball joints, if thats the problem i will order the control arms. Thanks for the replys.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
Mile High Maxima

No, I use aftermarkets and I checked them last weekend. But I dont know man, beacuse I have some clucking sounds from the right side. strut mounts are new and the kyb gr-2 too, this weekend Ill inspect the ball joints, if thats the problem i will order the control arms. Thanks for the replys.
I get clunking as well and that is on slow movements of the car, probably engine rocking back and forth. I had a Nissan tech check it all out. He knew before he got there that it was motor mount, maybe I can get some pics.

He also recommended I upgrade, hence my order from Red Lion. I wonder if you got the right mounts? If they aren't broken, perhaps a fitment issue?

Old 07-04-2012, 10:42 PM   Thread Starter #16

Change left link bar, was wrecked, and nothing. The prob. most be that motor mount, you get what you paid for. I always take my problems with good face. This car its love it or hate it; but this car its the one Im in love with, it gives me problems but I never quit; long live the 6th gen Max.
Phatnesium~Maximum (05-29-2015)
Old 07-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #17
M Towns Finest

Official Member #: 5140

Reputation Level: 22
chris72983 will become famous soon enoughchris72983 will become famous soon enough

Hope you get it fixed, defiantly sounds like it could be a motor mount.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 AM   Thread Starter #18

Found the problem, the vibration was of the left control arm bushing bolt, the bastard was loose. No more vibration for me.
Chemax (09-18-2012)
Old 05-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #19

Official Member #: 15887

Reputation Level: 5
Cammus is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Motor Mount W/O Sensor... Vibration?

I have a 04 Maxima with front and back electronic motor mounts.
IF I get back MM non electronic, will that throw a code or there´s no problem?
Avital remote starter

Last edited by Cammus; 05-25-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Cammus is offline   Send a private message to Cammus Find more posts by Cammus Add Cammus to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top