Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:49 PM   Thread Starter #1
Premier Member

my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1114

Reputation Level: 18
05SilverMax will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Default Mod Installation Quotes

Alright guys so I just recieved my black LED tails, and my Viper 5902 alarm/auto start as well as my CMOD grille are on there way.

I just wanted to know what a fair quote is to install each of these things is?

-I know the grille is extremely easy but I got into an accident where another guy backed into me and his shop had the grille glued back in place and fixed everything on my car for free so I dont think ripping that glue off will be easy.
-I also don't even want to attempt to try the the Viper because I'm sure professionally done is the best way to do it.
-And the LEDs I'm not sure about.
Thanks guys!
05SilverMax is offline   Send a private message to 05SilverMax Find more posts by 05SilverMax Add 05SilverMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Flipadelphia

Official Member #: 662

Reputation Level: 56
06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Visit 06BlckMax's PS3 Profile
Default Re: Mod quotes

The tails are easy just unbolt to bolts from behind the tail light and pull it off then plug in the new one

------See How It Was Built------
06BlckMax is offline   Send a private message to 06BlckMax Find more posts by 06BlckMax Add 06BlckMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
Always For Self

Official Member #: 50

craze is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

Visit craze's Facebook Visit craze's PS3 Profile

You also have to take the plastic pieces off your taillights and install on new headlights,its easy.Grill should be fairly easy even wit the glue,use goo gone
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Official Ride  

If you have the wiring pinout of the car, then the alarm should be fairly simple, the rest of the items are extremely easy.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #5

Official Member #: 1452

Reputation Level: 9
Jason5291 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just installed LED taillights on mine. 8mm deep socket is easiest to use to remove the two bolts on each side. Then, you will see some plastic anchors back there as well, take a rubber mallet and give it a bang to help jar the taillight out, be careful. They are kinda tough to pull out but just keep working them until they come! You can grab on the plastic and bottom of taillight to work out, plastic comes out with taillight. There are 4 philips screws to remove the plastic from the stock unit. Then reinstall the custom tails in reverse order! I currently have a hyperblink issue occuring now so I bought some load equalizers from autolumination.com. Hopefully this fixes the hyperblink issue for me.... Good luck!
Jason5291 is offline   Send a private message to Jason5291 Find more posts by Jason5291 Add Jason5291 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #6

Official Member #: 158

Reputation Level: 32
Hmax will become famous soon enoughHmax will become famous soon enough

My Awards:

Originally Posted by Jason5291 View Post
I just installed LED taillights on mine. 8mm deep socket is easiest to use to remove the two bolts on each side. Then, you will see some plastic anchors back there as well, take a rubber mallet and give it a bang to help jar the taillight out, be careful. They are kinda tough to pull out but just keep working them until they come! You can grab on the plastic and bottom of taillight to work out, plastic comes out with taillight. There are 4 philips screws to remove the plastic from the stock unit. Then reinstall the custom tails in reverse order! I currently have a hyperblink issue occuring now so I bought some load equalizers from autolumination.com. Hopefully this fixes the hyperblink issue for me.... Good luck!

Everything said here. I just had mine installed yesterday and i will tell you, my stocks were a pita to take out, but with gentle force they did come out. I dont have any hyperflashing as i have swithcbacks with resistors in the headlights.

Alarm, i would take to a professional unless you are a good with wiring. If you go to a shop they will charge like 200-300 depending on shops. They usually dont like touching alarms that are not theirs, thus charging an arm and a leg

Now they glued the grill to the frame of the car? WTF, please post pictures of this. I want to see what they exactly did. other than that the grill is the easiest thing to put on

Want 12HP More?- CLICK HERE
Hmax is offline   Send a private message to Hmax Find more posts by Hmax Add Hmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM   Thread Starter #7
Premier Member

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Default Re: Mod Installation Quotes

Yo Hmax, I live right out here on the island, would you know how to do this alarm and stuff? I could throw you some cash
05SilverMax is offline   Send a private message to 05SilverMax Find more posts by 05SilverMax Add 05SilverMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #8

Official Member #: 158

Reputation Level: 32
Hmax will become famous soon enoughHmax will become famous soon enough

My Awards:

Originally Posted by 05SilverMax View Post
Yo Hmax, I live right out here on the island, would you know how to do this alarm and stuff? I could throw you some cash

Hey buddy, i dont touch wiring, LMAO. However our dear friend and buddy iirishsamurai is great at installs (he installed almost all of my mods, minus stereo) and can probably install this for you, for a fee of course.

He lives in Jerze. You should definitely PM him, I will text him to expect your PM

Want 12HP More?- CLICK HERE
Hmax is offline   Send a private message to Hmax Find more posts by Hmax Add Hmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 PM   Thread Starter #9
Premier Member

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Lmao of course, I'm at work right now so ill PM him when I get home around 10, thanks dude.