Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

Closed Thread
ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:45 AM   Thread Starter #1
Glendales Official 6th Gen
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 36
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard
Default HID Kit Questions

hey guys so its finally time too install HID's on my car, but i have a couple of questions.

i went on ddmtuning.com and they have killer prices so im definately ordering from them but i need help ordering. First off..

I want to order a pair of 8000k (maybe 10000k) HID's for my headlights.
and
I want to order a pair of 3000k for my cornering lights (that are wired for both too turn on with my headlights.

When i go on the website, what bulb do i need to use for my 06 maxima se?
&
do i need any hid harness/error code eliminators/adapter cables/mounting brackets?

and lastly,
how do i install HID's on my cornering lights? i have them wired too turn on with my headlights, but how would i be able to install an HID kit on them.

Im really confused on what too purchase etc. so please give me some help.

any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list top
Old 10-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
Premier Member

Official Member #: 89

Reputation Level: 44
DAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Banner of The Month  

Default Re: HID Kit Questions

8000k is what i have and i would not go any higher. The light output is good on a clear night and makes the signs and markers on the road glow from a very far distance. But they do not cut through rain/snow/fog very well due to the lack of yellow contrast. Don't get me wrong, you can see but not as far.

Putting HID's in the corning lights, i would not do it. The heat from the bulbs will melt the corning light housing if they are left on for too long. I would go with a front firing LED.

You shouldn't need anything special for the install except a 1" spade drill bit to drill the hole in the back of the headlight and some RTV to seal it. You can drop the bumper and remove the headlight with just a screw driver and socket wrench. A few people run their HID's without a relay harness with no problems but i installed one because i did not want to chance burning my harness. The ballast consume less power while running but can draw up to three times more current when you first turn them on. You can get the mounting brackets if you want but some super sticky velcro or double sided tap will hold them in place. No "bulb out" indicator eliminators are required. The kit should be plug-n-play with either the 9006 connector or simple spade connectors to stick in the 9006 socket.

Inside Peanutbutter Outside Jelly
DAlastDON is offline   Send a private message to DAlastDON Find more posts by DAlastDON Add DAlastDON to Your Friends list top
Old 10-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by kaygmaxima View Post
hey guys so its finally time too install HID's on my car, but i have a couple of questions.

i went on ddmtuning.com and they have killer prices so im definately ordering from them but i need help ordering. First off..

and
I want to order a pair of 3000k for my cornering lights (that are wired for both too turn on with my headlights.

&
do i need any hid harness/error code eliminators/adapter cables/mounting brackets?

and lastly,
how do i install HID's on my cornering lights? i have them wired too turn on with my headlights, but how would i be able to install an HID kit on them.

Originally Posted by DAlastDON View Post
8000k is what i have and i would not go any higher. The light output is good on a clear night and makes the signs and markers on the road glow from a very far distance. But they do not cut through rain/snow/fog very well due to the lack of yellow contrast. Don't get me wrong, you can see but not as far.

Putting HID's in the corning lights, i would not do it. The heat from the bulbs will melt the corning light housing if they are left on for too long. I would go with a front firing LED.

You shouldn't need anything special for the install except a 1" spade drill bit to drill the hole in the back of the headlight and some RTV to seal it. You can drop the bumper and remove the headlight with just a screw driver and socket wrench. A few people run their HID's without a relay harness with no problems but i installed one because i did not want to chance burning my harness. The ballast consume less power while running but can draw up to three times more current when you first turn them on. You can get the mounting brackets if you want but some super sticky velcro or double sided tap will hold them in place. No "bulb out" indicator eliminators are required. The kit should be plug-n-play with either the 9006 connector or simple spade connectors to stick in the 9006 socket.
A lot of this is covered already...use the "search" button...
Old 10-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 2220

Reputation Level: 25
myounz will become famous soon enoughmyounz will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

I don't know about hid in the cornering lights, those lights only turn on when you make turns. But as far as the headlights goes, it depends if you have factory hid already or if it is just halogen. I am assuming it is halogen so 9012....is that right everyone? As for temperate I wouldn't go that high because all you will be getting is blue with not much distance, I have 6k heads and 6k fogs and I wouldn't go higher. 6k is straight white with a hint of blue.

Check Out My Build Thread
http://my6thgen.org/f13/myounz-07-maxima-16702/

Also check out my instagram @_myounz
myounz is offline   Send a private message to myounz Find more posts by myounz Add myounz to Your Friends list top
Old 10-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 140

Reputation Level: 51
Chemax has a spectacular aura aboutChemax has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

and

&

and lastly,

Search around my friend. Pretty much all of this has been covered before.

Good luck dude!

mmm.... chorizo
-csiepka
Chemax is offline   Send a private message to Chemax Find more posts by Chemax Add Chemax to Your Friends list top
Old 10-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 2776

Reputation Level: 13
socal9erfan is on a distinguished road

all bulbs, all cars.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/
socal9erfan is offline   Send a private message to socal9erfan Find more posts by socal9erfan Add socal9erfan to Your Friends list top
Old 10-28-2011, 01:16 PM   Thread Starter #7

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by myounz View Post
I don't know about hid in the cornering lights, those lights only turn on when you make turns. But as far as the headlights goes, it depends if you have factory hid already or if it is just halogen. I am assuming it is halogen so 9012....is that right everyone? As for temperate I wouldn't go that high because all you will be getting is blue with not much distance, I have 6k heads and 6k fogs and I wouldn't go higher. 6k is straight white with a hint of blue.
My cornering lights are wired as fogs bro they both turn on with the headlights
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list top
Old 10-28-2011, 01:18 PM   Thread Starter #8

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by DAlastDON View Post

Thanks a lot bro for all the info, where can I purchase a front firing LED, the last thing I want to do is melt my cornering light housing
Old 10-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #9
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

My cornering lights are wired as fogs bro they both turn on with the headlights
Then no, you can't put HIDs in them. The housings aren't made for that much heat.
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list top
Closed Thread