Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:19 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16528

Reputation Level: 6
Zillafreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Help me before I burn my car to the ground

My cunt car is at it again.

Can skip to end to get short notes.

Yesterday it didn't start in the morning. And I mean it is acting like a fully dead battery. The starter isn't engaging at all. Figured battery took a shit. I was able to jump the car with the gfs (had to buy 4ga jumper cables for $40) and the car started right up after like 30 seconds. Let the car idle as I cleaned out the garage so I can park it inside to stay warm. Car idle for 15 minutes and I took it for a spin down the road (maybe 1/2mi) and parked it. Tried to start it back up and nothing. So I figured new battery. Go buy a battery ($120 for a 5 year warranty battery and then $10 for wrenches), and try to put it in. The fucking positive terminal clamp falls apart. Go buy a new clamp ($10). The one the has the stud that fits into the maxima doesn't fit the battery so I had to use the bigger clamp which meant I had to drill out the starter wire hole and positive wire hole. Then the stupid fucking wingnut that came with the clamp wont work because it hits the fuse on the wire. So back to the store to get a nut. After finally getting the battery on, still wont fucking start. Same exact issue. I was able to jump it again, let it run for 10 minutes, then drove it for like 10 miles. Bring it back, park it, and it wont fucking start.

Torn battery, and mount out to check wires. The ground from battery to chassis to transmission looks the same it did last month and isn't loose.
I couldn't check the starter as I couldn't reach under the car.
I then put the battery from the GF's car into mine so I can rule out battery. Nothing.

When I try to start, it doesn't even click. Stop trying to start and the lights go haywire and flicker for a little but even if I remove the key. Well I put the battery back into the GF's car and now her car has aids. This morning, it fucking died on me when stopping, but will start right back up (just wont idle).

Any one have ideas. If anyone says battery or alternator, please shut the fuck up now as you are not helping and fucking clueless.

I haven't checked the starter yet, will be doing that tonight after work when it should hopefully be at my parents.

To recall, the car wont start over even turn over. Jump it with a running car and it runs. Drive it around and runs great. Turn off and it wont start again. Tried a known good battery and still nothing. Alternator is less than 3 weeks old.

Oh and when at the store, fucking cold out and dropped my phone and the screen stopped working. Didn't crack anything. So $200 for a new fucking phone and 2 year contract.

Last edited by Zillafreak; 01-18-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Zillafreak is offline   Send a private message to Zillafreak Find more posts by Zillafreak Add Zillafreak to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 14956

Hausch is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Help me before I burn my car to the ground

The wires on the terminal are making a good connection? Nice and tight

Posted Via Tapatalk
Hausch is offline   Send a private message to Hausch Find more posts by Hausch Add Hausch to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2016, 03:59 PM   Thread Starter #3

Originally Posted by Hausch View Post
The wires on the terminal are making a good connection? Nice and tight

Posted Via Tapatalk
Apparently it wasn't.
I know the terminal was tight on the battery, and the wire didn't feel loose when I tried to wiggle it when the girl was trying to turn the car over. My dad stopped by this morning and got it running already. It was the negative terminal clamp took a shit.
Never seen a terminal just take a shit from sitting there. No corrosion on it and it didn't fall apart when I swapped battery and tighten it down.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 14956

Hausch is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had that happen. I had to redo the terminal when I added my subs. It's always something stupid lol

Posted Via Tapatalk
Hausch is offline   Send a private message to Hausch Find more posts by Hausch Add Hausch to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2016, 04:17 PM   Thread Starter #5

The positive terminal did fall apart, but the negative one was tight and didn't have any visual defects I could see. But I guess my anger got the best of me yesterday and I was blinded. Plus working at 7pm when it is dark out and the "warm" garage doesn't have great light didn't help.
Zillafreak is offline   Send a private message to Zillafreak Find more posts by Zillafreak Add Zillafreak to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top