Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 PM   Thread Starter #1
Death B4 Dishonor
Donating Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 46

Reputation Level: 12
BiiggMike23 is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Halo w/Amber Strip Or White Strip

Hello ya,

Have not been around for a while and those of ya that do know me or heard about my car it still is not fixed! I know I know Eddy. I am finally going to get on it and would like ya opinion. Shout to Winard who is willing to help me salvage my car, lol. Congrats to Top Dolla!

So I had the 8000k Halo's w/ the 100ct amber strip LED, w switchbacks. I had a little led placed on side and removed that reflector thing(4got what thats called) I also put 2 small LED strips in the side vents of my stillen lip. so had the 2 tone amber/white led thing going. So now here is my question.

I had the amber cause legally needed on the side(HL) they didn't have white amber strips yet (or was OS) so then figured put 'em in the stillen lip. NOW they have the white 100ct LED strip so if I use that do I have to have AMBER on the side (HL) or can I just use my switchbacks and get a clear lens?

Also amber vs white 100ct LED strips? What do you think? things to consider also as far my max

1.) All LED's inside are RED, my dash red (soon),,, have red led lights on my door handles..
2) I think I will get those LED mirror covers or 6.5 gen mirrors.. and need to know if I can do white or RED LEDS on those? (dont think so cause of the LAW)

So basically I want all white including the side mirrors. If I have to use Amber then I have to figure how to 2 tone it this time.

Thank you and you can see a pic of my set up in my Sig..
Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 186

Reputation Level: 13
daonlyillwiz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Halo w/Amber Strip Or White Strip

Keep it the way it is in that sig pic, it looks good like that IMO. All the people with WHITE led strips/white led bulbs like the audi..etc... make their car look cheap and shitty. The only setup i seen that was decent was the iron man headlight mod. Honestly just keep it the way it is.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #3

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Amber looks good on your car bro.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 PM   Thread Starter #4
Death B4 Dishonor
Donating Member

Thanks ya,
Old 01-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
Premier Member

Official Member #: 11

Reputation Level: 41
CleanMaxx has a spectacular aura aboutCleanMaxx has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Visit CleanMaxx's Twitter Visit CleanMaxx's YouTube

no need to upgrade the lights, they are already upgraded... leave um
Old 01-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #6
Banned

Official Member #: 328

My Awards:
Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 10

Diddo
maximus is banned   Send a private message to maximus Find more posts by maximus Add maximus to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2011, 07:08 PM   Thread Starter #7
Death B4 Dishonor
Donating Member

Well that is how they used to look both halos are out on one light, my hids are out on the other side,,, only half of one of the amber strips is working. So I have to swap headlights out so that why I was reconsidering what I want to do.

I am going to base my decision heavily on those side mirrors somebody is selling.. If I have to use amber leds then I will redo like this, if I can get away with White or Red, then I might change up the headlights.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #8
Banned

Official Member #: 328

My Awards:
Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 10

You probably can't do the red LED's on the side mirrors but white LED's all the way around would look SICK!!
maximus is banned   Send a private message to maximus Find more posts by maximus Add maximus to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-13-2011, 12:47 PM   Thread Starter #9
Death B4 Dishonor
Donating Member

^^ Word,