Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:34 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 3871

Reputation Level: 0
Robo_geek is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Front End Rattle (Solved!) Sway Bar Shifted A Bit

My 07 developed a metallic rattle that sounded like a strut bearing or coil spring noise on the passenger front side when going over bumps.

A 'eureka' moment on mine is that I figured out that the sway bar can shift as much as about 1/2" left or right in the bushings.

Mine shifted all the way to the left, and it appears that the the sway bar taps against the cradle on the passenger side where it curves down. I reached under with a pry bar, shoved the bar to the other side, and the noise stopped.

I put a nylon zip tie between the sway bar bushing and the 'bump' in the sway bar, and it's still there six months later, and no rattle. I could see on the cradle/frame where the sway bar was touching.
Di77iyd (12-22-2011)
Robo_geek is offline   Send a private message to Robo_geek Find more posts by Robo_geek Add Robo_geek to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top

Tags
rattle sway bar

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions