Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:03 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1648

Reputation Level: 0
alchemist.zim is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
Default Clutch Pedal Low Pressure and engagement point

Just replaced clutch hydraulic hose and slave cylinder due to a busted hose, and some problems shifting. Now the clutch pressure is not the same as it used to be. I'm thinking that the master cylinder is not holding the pressure properly, I've bleed the system 3 times, but cannot get the pressure to where it used to be. Before this happened i noticed that shifting would get progressively harder the more i drove the car. Also I've noticed that the engagement point is a lot lower than what it used to be. Is there anything else I should check to fix this problem?
alchemist.zim is online now   Send a private message to alchemist.zim Find more posts by alchemist.zim Add alchemist.zim to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2016, 09:37 AM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 15981

Reputation Level: 5
Travieso is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Clutch Pedal Low Pressure and engagement point

does the pedal feel completely soft?, it almost sounds like the maybe there should be an adjustment somewhere.
Travieso is offline   Send a private message to Travieso Find more posts by Travieso Add Travieso to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2016, 04:58 PM   Thread Starter #3

Originally Posted by Travieso View Post
does the pedal feel completely soft?, it almost sounds like the maybe there should be an adjustment somewhere.
lets say its softer then what im used to. last night after bleeding it was hard to shift, this morning it was fine for about an hour or 2 of driving, the more stop and go i encountered the worse it got.
its weird when i first start driving everything shifting is fine, but the more i drive the softer it gets. some days i have no problems, and others it feel like im fighting the car
alchemist.zim is online now   Send a private message to alchemist.zim Find more posts by alchemist.zim Add alchemist.zim to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
Official Member

i encounter similar situations myself, It occurs in warm days when the engine is really warm especially idling, or traffic during summer. It hasn't occurred during winter yet. My pedal gets progressively soft quickly until it's to the floor. No clutch pressure, can hardly shift, grinds and have to rev match. it's like not having a pedal at all sometimes. I assume it's my slave and have the part waiting to change it before it gets too warm, internal seal problems maybe.
i'm thinking something to do with internal seals with the slave or master for you if you don't see any leaks. The warmer it gets, the seal gets softer or misaligned? When it cools, it seats properly again. I know its weird as i'm experiencing very similar symptoms, it's also possible to get defective new parts or something happened during installing and bleeding. Wish i could help more as i haven't solved my issue yet.
Travieso is offline   Send a private message to Travieso Find more posts by Travieso Add Travieso to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2016, 11:15 AM   Thread Starter #5

i encounter similar situations myself, It occurs in warm days when the engine is really warm especially idling, or traffic during summer. It hasn't occurred during winter yet. My pedal gets progressively soft quickly until it's to the floor. No clutch pressure, can hardly shift, grinds and have to rev match. it's like not having a pedal at all sometimes. I assume it's my slave and have the part waiting to change it before it gets too warm, internal seal problems maybe.
i'm thinking something to do with internal seals with the slave or master for you if you don't see any leaks. The warmer it gets, the seal gets softer or misaligned? When it cools, it seats properly again. I know its weird as i'm experiencing very similar symptoms, it's also possible to get defective new parts or something happened during installing and bleeding. Wish i could help more as i haven't solved my issue yet.
this is exactly what im going through. it hasn't gotten this bad yet, but the more driving i do the worse it gets. let the car sit and cool down, and the problem goes away. stop and go traffic, and it becomes a nightmare.

no leaks anywhere until i blew out the hose. new OEM hose installed, along with a beck/arnley slave. Exedy master should be arriving today. weather permitting, i can get it installed
Old 02-23-2016, 11:41 AM   #6
Official Member

let me know if the new master does the trick, it might be the same case for me, but i already have the slave, easier of the 2. thought i would try that first.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:11 PM   Thread Starter #7

let me know if the new master does the trick, it might be the same case for me, but i already have the slave, easier of the 2. thought i would try that first.
well...just found out that my clutch pedal bracket is cracked. i've got about an inch of play in the pedal which is from the whole bracket moving. then the more i drive the more the bracket moves, then after a while of not driving it will reset itself i guess. i don't know how to explain it. just looked up the price for a (pedal assembly (46503-3z105) $195 from courtesyparts...THE PRICE HAS QUADRUPLED OVER THE YEARS...AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Old 02-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #8
Official Member

DAMMMM, something soo simple, i never would've guess the pedal....gotta take it easy on the shift foot (leg day)...
Old 03-02-2016, 12:24 AM   #9

Official Member #: 15756

mynameissean123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alchemist.zim View Post
well...just found out that my clutch pedal bracket is cracked. i've got about an inch of play in the pedal which is from the whole bracket moving. then the more i drive the more the bracket moves, then after a while of not driving it will reset itself i guess. i don't know how to explain it. just looked up the price for a (pedal assembly (46503-3z105) $195 from courtesyparts...THE PRICE HAS QUADRUPLED OVER THE YEARS...AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
can u take some pics of where its cracked. my car is doing the same thing my clutch is so hard and starting to creek loud. its so annoying. and i farted
mynameissean123 is offline   Send a private message to mynameissean123 Find more posts by mynameissean123 Add mynameissean123 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2016, 12:33 PM   #10

Official Member #: 17522

MAXIMAKID11 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys. im new here but ya i have the same issue on my 06 maxima too. making that annoying creaking sound too. found the clutch pedal assy was broken and someone went in there an welded it but the side spot welds are broken as well. because the pedal assy is now rediculously priced i think i will try to repair it myself and weld it up. woth a shot before i spend $200 on a new one. and also my pedal drops to the floor after driving it for a little while so i have to manually lift it back up and pump it to get it back to normal. buttt i did find a leaking clutch line at that t-box. so im assuming its leaking and losing pressure because of that leak which causes the pedal to go to the floor.
MAXIMAKID11 is offline   Send a private message to MAXIMAKID11 Find more posts by MAXIMAKID11 Add MAXIMAKID11 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2016, 09:35 PM   #11
Official Member

Official Member #: 3386

Reputation Level: 10
mydas13 is on a distinguished road

my car did the exact same thing when I first got it. (it had about 115k) and not too much later the clutch went out. once i replaced the clutch I never had that problem again. Its been about 4 years now.
mydas13 is offline   Send a private message to mydas13 Find more posts by mydas13 Add mydas13 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top