Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:48 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 584

Reputation Level: 10
timpol is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Cattman Headers with Racingline Y-Pipe

This is a bit of a follow up to my other recent post. I have a racingline y-pipe which has the cat deleted. Headers obviously have no cats built in. If I am correct, that accounts for all three cats on the Maxima.

Question - If I go with this combo, my simpleton thinking tells me that I will have a code since there are no cats on the vehicle. I could possibly weld a cat into the y pipe or farther back on the exhaust and then drop a sensor in AFTER the cat.

Am I understanding this correctly?

thanks - TP
timpol is offline   Send a private message to timpol Find more posts by timpol Add timpol to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
Premier Member

Official Member #: 280

Racingline is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Cattman Headers with Racingline Y-Pipe

Your logic is correct. The only way around the CEL is either spacers on the secondary o2 sensors are weld a cat into the Ypipe and relocate the o2 sensors. I believe either way with cattman headers you will need to extend the 02 sensors to reach their new locations.

When you extend them I recommend cutting the engine harness side of the connection. Those wires are unshielded and therefore not as prone to resistance fluctuations like most o2 sensors wires
blackelvis79 (12-04-2012)
Racingline is offline   Send a private message to Racingline Find more posts by Racingline Add Racingline to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 PM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 584

timpol is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Cattman Headers with Racingline Y-Pipe

Originally Posted by Racingline View Post
Your logic is correct. The only way around the CEL is either spacers on the secondary o2 sensors are weld a cat into the Ypipe and relocate the o2 sensors. I believe either way with cattman headers you will need to extend the 02 sensors to reach their new locations.

When you extend them I recommend cutting the engine harness side of the connection. Those wires are unshielded and therefore not as prone to resistance fluctuations like most o2 sensors wires
Thanks for weighing in. The spacers look fairly straight forward to install and extending the harness also seems fairly simple too. I'm leaning towards getting a new set of HFPCs though just to ensure my codes go away. It seems like going with the spacers is a hit or miss proposition.

thx
timpol is offline   Send a private message to timpol Find more posts by timpol Add timpol to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top