Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:38 AM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 3665

Reputation Level: 8
416BRAND is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
Visit 416BRAND's Facebook Visit 416BRAND's PS3 Profile Visit 416BRAND's Twitter Visit 416BRAND's YouTube
Default Blower Motor / Squeel Noise From Dash When Heat On / Heated Seat Question

1) I get a kinda low squeel noise from inside the cabin ONLY after about 10 mintues having the HEAT on a medium to high fan setting. It sounds like its more central rather than just behind the glove box area. Doesn't do it with AC though. Weird? Could this still be the blower motor (perhaps needs lubrication?) I am also replacing the cabin air filter soon. I suppose they are in the same spot just about?

2) Heated seats both passenger and driver only work on High it seems. Anyone know anything about this? Fuses are all fine. Also I don't know if this is a 6th gen thing or not but only the bottom (butt) part of the seat gets warm. As opposed to my 4th gen which the back would also warm up. Which is more important to me lol. Problem with the seat?

I can't find a tutorial for 6th gen on blower motor replacement on here or on Youtube. Anyone have a vid?

Thanks!
89 LINCOLN TOWN CAR RIP
416BRAND is offline   Send a private message to 416BRAND Find more posts by 416BRAND Add 416BRAND to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15981

Reputation Level: 5
Travieso is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Blower Motor / Squeel Noise From Dash When Heat On / Heated Seat Question

noise may be just the blower, mine is starting to make really low noise on slow setting. its normal wear. lube might prolong the noise but it wont stop from getting worse. the cabin filter is literally right top of the blower behind the glove box.
heated seats i think you might think it doesnt work on low settings because the second light doesn't come on? I thought the same when i saw that with my settings. but when i felt the heat difference on high and low, it seems to work fine. The light indicator seems to be misleading in my case. Might be the same case for you?
Travieso is offline   Send a private message to Travieso Find more posts by Travieso Add Travieso to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top