Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:59 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16492

Reputation Level: 0
maxsunshine86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default 2006 maxima jerking...please help

Hello,
I have a 2006 Nissan Maxima. 125,000 miles. Automatic. It has been jerking when I accelerate and when I press the break to slow down. I took it to Mr. Transmission the mechanic said he thinks it's the valve body but it could be the transmission depending on how long it has been jerking. I have been looking for a PERMANENT FIX to this common issue. I've been looking at threads for a week and have seen people saying they got their transmission replaced and/or valve body and months later still jerking . I love my car but I'm scared to drive it because of the jerking and shifting. I want to get it fixed but not if it will jerk after I pay thousands to get it fixed. Please help! Thank you!
maxsunshine86 is offline   Send a private message to maxsunshine86 Find more posts by maxsunshine86 Add maxsunshine86 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 2035

Reputation Level: 10
Costee is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default Re: 2006 maxima jerking...please help

Originally Posted by maxsunshine86 View Post
Hello,
I have a 2006 Nissan Maxima. 125,000 miles. Automatic. It has been jerking when I accelerate and when I press the break to slow down. I took it to Mr. Transmission the mechanic said he thinks it's the valve body but it could be the transmission depending on how long it has been jerking. I have been looking for a PERMANENT FIX to this common issue. I've been looking at threads for a week and have seen people saying they got their transmission replaced and/or valve body and months later still jerking . I love my car but I'm scared to drive it because of the jerking and shifting. I want to get it fixed but not if it will jerk after I pay thousands to get it fixed. Please help! Thank you!
From personal experience, I'd suggest oem valve body as the way to go.
Costee is offline   Send a private message to Costee Find more posts by Costee Add Costee to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-18-2015, 12:21 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 16492

Reputation Level: 0
maxsunshine86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: 2006 maxima jerking...please help

Thank you!
maxsunshine86 is offline   Send a private message to maxsunshine86 Find more posts by maxsunshine86 Add maxsunshine86 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top