Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions

Ask Your Technical & General Questions Ask your general and/or technical questions relating to any problem you're experiencing or troubleshooting.

View All Technical & General Questions

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:35 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 17126

Reputation Level: 0
Twitney181 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default 07 cvt, throttle body, or other issue?

I am having some odd issues but only when operating my car for roughly 2+ Hours at a time. My transmission will either get stuck in "gear" and I cannot get it to change out of it even when putting it in manual made. Or my rpms will get stuck and will not drop unless I let the car get down to under 40ish miles per hour. Sometime when it gets stuck like that the throttle is completely unresponsive as well as cruise control. Sometimes I can slow down and get the rpms to drop and then bump the gas pedal and get it to respond again. Other times I have to pull over and wait for the cat to settle down.the most common thing I get is a very sluggish respond and the rpms fluctuate about 1,000 rpms at a time, especially during acceleration when passing someone I will get a fluctuation in rpms while trying to accelerate. Is this a failing throttle body or a cvt issue or other? It's so inconsistent and nearly impossible to show a mechanic how it is happening.

Edit: I also have two direct runs of zero gauge power wire from the alternator to the battery from when I had a stereo. Could this bypass of the fuse boxes etc be causing this issue?

Last edited by Twitney181; 05-29-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Twitney181 is offline   Send a private message to Twitney181 Find more posts by Twitney181 Add Twitney181 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top