Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods

How To's & DIY Mods Helpful instructions on how to perform popular mods on your Maxima. Forum and its members are not responsible for any issues that may occur. Perform these modifications at your own risk.
View View All How To's & DIY Mods

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #26
Flipadelphia
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 662

Reputation Level: 56
06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Visit 06BlckMax's PS3 Profile
Default Re: How to Reset SRS Lamp/Airbag Light

Try this

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

------See How It Was Built------
06BlckMax is offline   Send a private message to 06BlckMax Find more posts by 06BlckMax Add 06BlckMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #27
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1320

Reputation Level: 10
obscured is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: How to Reset SRS Lamp/Airbag Light

Confirmed working. Just did a H/U swap and forgot to plug in the SRS coupler under the radio... somehow it slipped back under the tangled mess of wires and ties coming from the NIRD. Took 30 seconds total. Saved me a BUNCH of hassle.
obscured is offline   Send a private message to obscured Find more posts by obscured Add obscured to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top