Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods

How To's & DIY Mods Helpful instructions on how to perform popular mods on your Maxima. Forum and its members are not responsible for any issues that may occur. Perform these modifications at your own risk.
View View All How To's & DIY Mods

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:11 AM   Thread Starter #1
Glendales Official 6th Gen
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 35
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard
Default How to Disable A Kill Switch

This thread is basically for any Maxima/Vehicle with a killswitch anti-theft system.

So this is my story: Today me and a couple buddies were installing an HID Kit in a buddies 2006 Civic Si, everything went smoothly from assembling the headlights etc. We had disconnected the battery prior to installation. So everything was cleaned up, and done. It was time to hook up the battery and get going. This is where the headache began. My friends Si has a killswitch, so according to today's incident you can't connect a battery unless someone is disabling the killswitch at the same time/the proper way. Bare with
Me guys I'm only 18 and do mods on cars for fun and for learning experiences.
So basically what a killswitch does is shut off the cars electronics to make it able to not function in any way, AND it sets off the alarm very loud.
I live in California, and this happened at about 1:30 am on my friends apartment garage. As we tried hooking up the battery the horn kept going off obnoxiously and we were waking up EVERYONE in the building. I was doing the install myself so I was panicking because my friend had work at 8am and he lives about 30 minutes away so we HAD to find a way to disable the killswitch or I personally would of been screwed! So we googled some answers and found a way to disable a killswitch.

I'm making this thread to inform future members in case they have the same problem as me. Because it is not something you want to go through.

So basically most killswitch devices work the same, and if not I suggest you get informed with all knowledge before you get one installed, if in case you do get one installed.

So that's my story. And Now for the most important info.

To disable a kill switch

1)Battery negative terminal has to be unplugged.

2)Key has to be in the "ON" position of your ignition.

3)Hold your kill switch button for 3-5 seconds (most kill switch devices have a dummie button, and the actual disable button, you have to locate which button is the real disabling button)

4)Have someone connect and tighten your negative terminal while you hold the killswitch.

And wala your car is back to normal!

This is intended for users that may have a killswitch in any car and ever decide to disconnect your battery.

Hopefully this is a helpful future reference.

But MOST importantly, when and if you get a killswitch PLEASE be informed on how to disable it, and when it needs to be disabled because this information may or not be helpful for your vehicle.
QMaxx (11-04-2011)
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: How To Disable A Kill Switch

Did you know that if you plug your battery back in and press the UNLOCK button on your remote control, it'll stop the alarm from going off? I've taken off my battery plenty of times with the Max. All you need to do is just press the unlock button on your remote and it'll stop the honking and your car will be back to normal.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2011, 05:23 AM   Thread Starter #3

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Default Re: How To Disable A Kill Switch

Originally Posted by Achmed View Post
Did you know that if you plug your battery back in and press the UNLOCK button on your remote control, it'll stop the alarm from going off? I've taken off my battery plenty of times with the Max. All you need to do is just press the unlock button on your remote and it'll stop the honking and your car will be back to normal.
Yeah, that's on a car with a normal alarm. When you have a killswitch NOTHING works til the killswitch is disabled properly, that's the whole point of it. All of his cars electrical system was dead and the killswitch engaged the alarm without being able to stop honking until the killswitch was disabled properly . His key/alarm was useless until the killswitch was disabled.
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #4

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: How to Disable A Kill Switch

Good info. Stickied.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2011, 02:58 AM   #5
Donating Member

Official Member #: 964

Reputation Level: 24
mr. blue sky will become famous soon enoughmr. blue sky will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Banner of The Month  

wow, had no idea killswitches like this existed. I just know about the basic cut-power-to-something kill switches(not connected to alarm).
Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 AM   Thread Starter #6

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by mr. blue sky View Post
wow, had no idea killswitches like this existed. I just know about the basic cut-power-to-something kill switches(not connected to alarm).
Yeah bro its pretty much the same concept with the exception that this one had an alert system incorporated into it. Pretty ideal to scare away thieves