Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods

How To's & DIY Mods Helpful instructions on how to perform popular mods on your Maxima. Forum and its members are not responsible for any issues that may occur. Perform these modifications at your own risk.
View View All How To's & DIY Mods

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:28 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15340

Reputation Level: 0
blackxima is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Help With Lights

Im new here I never really noticed until I started gawking over all the cars in this
forum but I've had my car for about a year now and my fog lughts have never turned
on could it as simple as a bulb I find it hard to beleive they both would be gone
at the same time and also I would like to know how or if I could make my footwell lights stay on all the time like not only when I open and close the doors please get back to me thank you
blackxima is offline   Send a private message to blackxima Find more posts by blackxima Add blackxima to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 7
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: footwell lights and fog lights I'm new would really appreciate some help

for the fogs check fuses and wires first before you go out and buy new bulbs. As far as keeping the footwell lighting on you would need to wire into a constant 12 volt wire and put a switch on it so they could be turned off when you needed them off.
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2014, 08:07 PM   Thread Starter #3

Default Re: footwell lights and fog lights I'm new would really appreciate some help

how so I go about rewire somethong I understand how to hook up a switch and hook it up from the batteey but how would I rewire some thong already wired would I just attach the new wire to it or cut the wire . attach it to the switch and take the old wire out?
blackxima is offline   Send a private message to blackxima Find more posts by blackxima Add blackxima to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #4

Official Member #: 6540

Reputation Level: 8
incubus0111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Help With Lights

Originally Posted by blackxima View Post
Im new here I never really noticed until I started gawking over all the cars in this
forum but I've had my car for about a year now and my fog lughts have never turned
on could it as simple as a bulb I find it hard to beleive they both would be gone
at the same time and also I would like to know how or if I could make my footwell lights stay on all the time like not only when I open and close the doors please get back to me thank you

i'll bet money that all you need are bulbs. Lets say both bulbs were stock. With the same amount of use they should go out about the same time. All bulbs have a set number of hours they can burn for. Check fuses anyway though.

I dont think driving with footwell lights on is safe. Light inside the car will cut down on how far you can see down the road
incubus0111 is offline   Send a private message to incubus0111 Find more posts by incubus0111 Add incubus0111 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 36
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard

What year is your max first of all? I've had footwell lights in all my cars and they don't bother me just buy led tubes color of your choice and wire them to a switched wire like a cigarette lighter positive/negative etc etc

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
KobyG04 (06-11-2014)
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 7
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have orange led tubes currently and they dont bother me one bit, hell I barely notice them if im driving. If you go this route I would wire them into your stereo though so you dont take up a 12 volt outlet though
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #7

Official Member #: 6540

Reputation Level: 8
incubus0111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Light in the car will cause your eyes to adjust to that amount of light. Your eyes need to be adjusted to the outside. It is illegal for a reason.

Posted Via Tapatalk 2
incubus0111 is offline   Send a private message to incubus0111 Find more posts by incubus0111 Add incubus0111 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #8
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 36
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 5

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard

yeah i have mine on my 350z (keep in mind has a wayyyy smaller cockpit then maxima) and sometimes i forget they're on, and theyre bright as hell...it doesn't bother me one bit, and yes i would wire them to your radio remote wire thats what i did in my car

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
KobyG04 (06-13-2014)
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 PM   Thread Starter #9

04 maxima
Old 06-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #10
Premier Member

Official Member #: 89

Reputation Level: 44
DAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the roughDAlastDON is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Banner of The Month  

The fuse you want to check is the 15A and position #43 in the IPDM under the hood next to the windshield washer bottle. Both fog lights run off the same fuse. If it is good then replace the bulbs. Good time to add a 4300K HID kit if i was in your shoes.

Click the image to open in full size.

Inside Peanutbutter Outside Jelly
DAlastDON is offline   Send a private message to DAlastDON Find more posts by DAlastDON Add DAlastDON to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top