Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods

How To's & DIY Mods Helpful instructions on how to perform popular mods on your Maxima. Forum and its members are not responsible for any issues that may occur. Perform these modifications at your own risk.
View View All How To's & DIY Mods

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:51 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15806

Reputation Level: 0
cyrax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Clock Spring aka Sprial Cable

Ahoy to all.
My SRS airbag light is on and I am following the diagnostics listed in the Service manual. I'd need to replace the Clockspring aka Spiral Cable but I am having a real hard time finding it. The closest I came to finding something is to pick the whole switch assembly here http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/n...al+switch,4832

Am I supposed to replace the whole assembly? Am I supposed to buy the whole assembly and only use the Spiral Cable? Questions questions.

Thank you for reading and for considering to help a DIYer out.
cyrax is offline   Send a private message to cyrax Find more posts by cyrax Add cyrax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 2035

Reputation Level: 10
Costee is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Clock Spring aka Sprial Cable

You're to buy and replace the whole assembly. I went for the oem when I had to replace mine.
Costee is online now   Send a private message to Costee Find more posts by Costee Add Costee to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2016, 08:30 PM   Thread Starter #3

I see. How much did it cost and where did you order the parts? Courtesy Nissan? Thanks for the response.
cyrax is offline   Send a private message to cyrax Find more posts by cyrax Add cyrax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 2035

Reputation Level: 10
Costee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cyrax View Post
I see. How much did it cost and where did you order the parts? Courtesy Nissan? Thanks for the response.
I bought it at NissanPartsDeal over a year ago at about $198. Now I see it's $214. However, the price, I believe, is dependent on the options available for your car. So be sure to check with your VIN.
Costee is online now   Send a private message to Costee Find more posts by Costee Add Costee to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2016, 09:55 PM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 5770

Reputation Level: 8
Simplyred06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nissan Part is 25560-ZK01C with VDC driver preferred package
part# 25560-ZK01D with out VDC
Bought mine payed $204.00. comes with everything. wiper switches and light switches I found it before on eBay for about 150.00. Hope this helps.
Simplyred06 is offline   Send a private message to Simplyred06 Find more posts by Simplyred06 Add Simplyred06 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-22-2016, 12:10 AM   Thread Starter #6

Closing the thread.
I bought the assembly switch from Courtesy parts, replaced the whole assembly as is, reset the SRS and test drove it. Was very nervous working around the airbag removal and installation process. Otherwise it was a straightforward procedure.

Tags
clockspring, spiral cable

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods