Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Performance Showcase > Dyno, Auto X & Track Times

Dyno, Auto X & Track Times Note: Share your performance videos/times/numbers at the Track, Auto X and Dyno. Absolutely no illegal street racing talk or videos allowed in this section.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #51
Reputable Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 13
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Maxima Vs New Accord

Hate cvt myself , Did the Impala had a V8 !
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #52
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 35
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Originally Posted by incubus0111 View Post
I find that if you start in 1st or 2nd there is no lag and the car runs to 5k and does not want to come down.

Rolling at 20mph in D will put the CVT in eco mode so to speak. I am sure you had much lag when you hit the gas. You should have been in 2nd floored it then slid it back to D.
After driving on the conti DWS for a year now I will say this. If you don't have a need for use in snow, don't buy them if you drive spiritedly. They are not very gripy. I drive my car differently now that I am use to it and I donít like those tires at all. I find them loud as well.

I digress. You lost no shame in that. You still have not provided a play by play of the action.
See there is some good advice for the CVT. I suspect you will still loose but not so bad.

You still have not provided a play by play of the action... ..true.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-23-2014, 08:15 PM   Thread Starter #53

Official Member #: 2949

Reputation Level: 11
MikesMax is an unknown quantity at this point

I find that if you start in 1st or 2nd there is no lag and the car runs to 5k and does not want to come down.

Rolling at 20mph in D will put the CVT in eco mode so to speak. I am sure you had much lag when you hit the gas. You should have been in 2nd floored it then slid it back to D.
After driving on the conti DWS for a year now I will say this. If you don't have a need for use in snow, don't buy them if you drive spiritedly. They are not very gripy. I drive my car differently now that I am use to it and I donít like those tires at all. I find them loud as well.

I digress. You lost no shame in that. You still have not provided a play by play of the action.
Incubus my apologies for the lapsed response, I usually post at work and I've been super busy the past couple days. I actually now want to rematch him with that advice you've given me. I did have a ton of lag when I initially floored it.

As for the action, we had lined up at 20 mph on a 3 mile straightaway stretch or so on a service road type deal... And I gave three honks and we were off. That new Accord had an actual sport mode and it is also 7 years newer so the technology is there. He had me at maybe a car length within two seconds and then pulled on me to 60. I've read up on it and it does say that car does like 5.6 for the 0-60. Ours says something like 6.3. Anyhoo second time around I wasn't paying attention, said I was gonna try my sport mode. Started in second gear like an idiot and the car turtled. We were both on the gas light and we called it after that because I didn't want to be stuck and out of gas.

I am going to ask to do it again, I also wanna look up specs on the 2011 g 0-60. By the way cars like the Hyundai Genesis shit box 2.0 make 274 hp but astonishingly their 0-60 is like 6.7 seconds. I'm gonna try Incubus' advice for D mode and then maybe floor it from first gear manual and see.

Posted Via Tapatalk
MikesMax is offline   Send a private message to MikesMax Find more posts by MikesMax Add MikesMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #54
Mile High Maxima

Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Nice write up. Would it be any better from a dead stop?

Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2014, 12:46 PM   Thread Starter #55

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
Nice write up. Would it be any better from a dead stop?
I want to keep experimenting, he gets wheelspin from a dead stop because he has the shitty stock tires. The only thing he's done to his car is run shell be power 93. (I also run 93, he claims shell brand is better 93 but I think it's all the same). But I feel like our cars are slow from the get go too. Also I've tried the second gear and throwing it back into D, but can anyone add what speed is most optimal? Maybe do first gear manual at 20 floor it and drop into D? And also how long to gun it in manual?

Posted Via Tapatalk
MikesMax is offline   Send a private message to MikesMax Find more posts by MikesMax Add MikesMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #56
Official Member

Official Member #: 2459

Reputation Level: 13
Lulzz is on a distinguished road

Should have gotten a 6 speeeeeeed.
MikesMax (04-25-2014)
Lulzz is offline   Send a private message to Lulzz Find more posts by Lulzz Add Lulzz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2014, 05:07 PM   Thread Starter #57

Lol Ik Ik

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #58
Mile High Maxima

Originally Posted by MikesMax View Post
..... Maybe do first gear manual at 20 floor it and drop into D? And also how long to gun it in manual?

Posted Via Tapatalk
That sounds right.... start in low gear, floor it, throw it back into D asap.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:03 PM   Thread Starter #59

@incubus0111 hey man any chance you can test this out with me at varying rpm and gear?

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2014, 01:00 AM   #60

Official Member #: 14764

Reputation Level: 7
devildog is an unknown quantity at this point

To save all this hassle you could do it like MEN...from a dig
devildog is offline   Send a private message to devildog Find more posts by devildog Add devildog to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-29-2014, 02:15 AM   #61

Official Member #: 6540

Reputation Level: 9
incubus0111 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can run some test if I find a place. Sure as hell won’t do it on the road. I have court in the morning for a speeding ticket.. need to calm it down for a bit.
I do it all the time though when entering the highway, 3rd till 60. Then back to D till lift at 80…lol…..

No lag!

All in all though man, I don’t think you will be able to take that Accord.
Give it a shot from a stop. Start in first. It’s gonna run past 5k RMP slide back to D. With that said there might be a sweet spot. A best RPM to slide it back to D. You will have to find that if it does exist.
Don’t break your car! Watch for that hard pull to the right, its bad.
incubus0111 is offline   Send a private message to incubus0111 Find more posts by incubus0111 Add incubus0111 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-29-2014, 01:45 PM   Thread Starter #62

Originally Posted by devildog View Post
To save all this hassle you could do it like MEN...from a dig
Haha. I know. But our cars are so sluggish off the line!

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #63
Mile High Maxima

All in all though man, I donít think you will be able to take that Accord.
Give it a shot from a stop. Start in first. Itís gonna run past 5k RMP slide back to D. With that said there might be a sweet spot. A best RPM to slide it back to D.....
Agreed on both points. You might make a better showing. Find that sweet spot to shift back to D.... that will be hard to do imo. I would just drop it back to D once it starts pulling hard so you can concentrate on what you are doing.

incubus0111 (04-30-2014)
Old 05-01-2014, 06:19 PM   Thread Starter #64

I can run some test if I find a place. Sure as hell wonít do it on the road. I have court in the morning for a speeding ticket.. need to calm it down for a bit.
I do it all the time though when entering the highway, 3rd till 60. Then back to D till lift at 80ÖlolÖ..

No lag!

All in all though man, I donít think you will be able to take that Accord.
Give it a shot from a stop. Start in first. Itís gonna run past 5k RMP slide back to D. With that said there might be a sweet spot. A best RPM to slide it back to D. You will have to find that if it does exist.
Donít break your car! Watch for that hard pull to the right, its bad.
I just experienced that pull.. Wow. I'm gonna destroy the transmission haha

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2014, 12:47 AM   #65

Official Member #: 14764

Reputation Level: 7
devildog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey man don't sleep on the VQ35...my buddies girl did and this is what happened...

...my wife drug his girl in his 6 speed LS1 camaro and she can drive good!

Last edited by devildog; 05-03-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Apollos2 (05-03-2014)
devildog is offline   Send a private message to devildog Find more posts by devildog Add devildog to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2014, 05:46 AM   #66

Official Member #: 6540

Reputation Level: 9
incubus0111 is an unknown quantity at this point

More info needed..
incubus0111 is offline   Send a private message to incubus0111 Find more posts by incubus0111 Add incubus0111 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top