my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum

my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum (http://my6thgen.org/)
-   Dyno, Auto X & Track Times (http://my6thgen.org/f58/)
-   -   04-08: chmax Dyno Thread (http://my6thgen.org/f58/chmax-dyno-thread-11597/)

chmax 07-21-2011 11:22 PM

chmax Dyno Thread
 
Alright, so here is what I have decided to do. I have been all over this forum and we all want HP and would like to know what the mods we are putting on your cars produce. I found a shop 5 miles from my house that has a dyno, more about that later. What I want to do is, I have a bone stock 08 and I have set up a dyno for the 10th. I know its gonna get costly, but I want to add one mod and then dyno, another mod and dyno, another mod and dyno and so on. So all of us on the ORG will know what mods produce on there own and shed some light on what is really producing the best gains and whats hurting us.

Now the most important part, I spoke to the shop and they are huge mustang and charger guys. You would see that based on there website. So when I called I told them my idea. They have a Dyno Jet dyno which is the most accurate, but they have never ran a front wheel drive and he has no knowledge of the CVT. So come on ORG, chime in, lets get this going together. And find out what are mods are doin.

Here is a list of mods I will be doin, and I will have a dyno done after each. The mods will grow as money does. I have to look at each mod costing me an extra $150 cause of dyno after each.

Air Intake
Cat-Back
Y-Pipe
B.O.P Plate
Plenum Spacer
HFC or Headers

NiZMo1o1 07-21-2011 11:53 PM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
your brave , its going to cost ALOT if your testing EACH mod one by one, and hopefully not one more after another.

Another thing is you have a CVT , so theres a difference in the 4AT/5AT/6SPD

as well as weather temp is a major factor (North Cold , South Tropics ) , elevation (Colorado)

Please share the info with RunFiles , type of Motor oil and weight your using,
Size wheels/tires

Theres ALOT to factor in , good luck !

chmax 07-22-2011 12:22 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1 (Post 208617)
your brave , its going to cost ALOT if your testing EACH mod one by one, and hopefully not one more after another.

Another thing is you have a CVT , so theres a difference in the 4AT/5AT/6SPD

as well as weather temp is a major factor (North Cold , South Tropics ) , elevation (Colorado)

Please share the info with RunFiles , type of Motor oil and weight your using,
Size wheels/tires

Theres ALOT to factor in , good luck !

Thanks, I know its a big project. I just need to get some feed back on how we can dyno the CVT. Because we cant get it in a gear ratio. I saw someone on here dynoed a CVT but didnt get to much in detail, I hope he chimes in. The guy at the shop also said he could only run the air/fuel down the passenger side. Not sure what he meant by this. Im new to dyno.

Nismo4Life07 07-22-2011 01:09 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Wow, they're charging you $150 for 3 pulls on a dyno??? You should try and get a group price or something so it's not so costly for you.

Also, it's going to be super hard to dyno a cvt, especially of the tech has absolutely no knowledge of the transmission and it's shift points. Paging @iirishsamuraii. He is the one that dyno'd his 6.5 gen.

chmax 07-22-2011 01:22 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nismo4Life07 (Post 208655)
Wow, they're charging you $150 for 3 pulls on a dyno??? You should try and get a group price or something so it's not so costly for you.

Also, it's going to be super hard to dyno a cvt, especially of the tech has absolutely no knowledge of the transmission and it's shift points. Paging @iirishsamuraii. He is the one that dyno'd his 6.5 gen.

Its $95 for three pulls and $15 per pull after. I was just adding more cause I really dont know how many I will do. I was thinking of caling around, mabe even Speed Force and see if they could help. I have googled with little luck. Just alot of forum discussions about it. And know real answer. Some say I can put it in stick mode. So the other day I was cruising and I down shifted to 4th and then mashed it and the car responded by just rpms going up to red line. Would this work?

05SilverMax 07-22-2011 01:39 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Wow, this is a great project, very brave of you!
Good luck brother.

vitec115 07-22-2011 01:39 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Nice dude,we should see some good info out of this,keep us posted.

chmax 07-22-2011 01:52 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vitec115 (Post 208660)
Nice dude,we should see some good info out of this,keep us posted.

I will keep updating, I really need to find the best way to dyno this thing.

CJMcBreezy 07-22-2011 04:22 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
You've got balls I've been holding off for the dyno til I get a good jump on my mods...

RAZ76 07-22-2011 06:08 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Save your money dude. Just do one stock and one with all the parts on. This is not a Ferrari where detailed info is needed for better production. I personally don't care, just like any other car, I know that bolt ons are minimal. As long as it precedes certain goals I have, I don't care.

1hawaii50 07-22-2011 06:39 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz76 (Post 208685)
Save your money dude. Just do one stock and one with all the parts on. This is not a Ferrari where detailed info is needed for better production. I personally don't care, just like any other car, I know that bolt ons are minimal. As long as it precedes certain goals I have, I don't care.

I kind of agree with Raz76...the money being spent on each dyno session could be used to fund future mods. I don't want to discourage you, it's your money, but I'd be more apt to dyno once before, and once everything is installed.

EddyMaxx 07-22-2011 08:54 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Until you do headers, do not go on the dyno just yet. Get all the mods done first before dyno. No need to test after each one because you aren't really tuning. Some mods cancel each other out if not tuned correctly. So just because you adding more mods, doesn't automatically mean you getting more power. You would need a tune to make the mods work efficiently.

So save your $ and just wait to get a full dyno tune which will give you the best gains for the mods you have. Headers will be a big power maker.

Good Luck!

Jerzey 07-22-2011 09:04 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
From what Shayne told me, you must disable the ABS to get accurate dyno results from a vehicle with a CVT transmission. Send him a PM (iirishsamuraii)

EddyMaxx 07-22-2011 09:05 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerzey (Post 208723)
From what Shayne told me, "you MUST disable the ABS to get accurate dyno results from a vehicle with a CVT transmission". Send him a PM (iirishsamuraii)

Yeah, if the shop has dyno'd CVT's before... then they should take out the ABS fuse.

Apollos2 07-22-2011 09:44 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
I like your plan but it will be a little costly. You wont need more than 3 pulls. I would group the smaller mods like BOP, spacers.

Stock - dyno
Intake - dyno
Y-pipe and catback - dyno
or (Intake Y-pipe and catback - dyno
BOP, spacers (any other small mod) - dyno
Headers - Dyno.

chmax 07-22-2011 11:01 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Thanks for the info everyone. I was only tryin to contribute. I do agree that one dyno after all parts would be the way, and not a costly, But, Im still looking for someone to chime in about how to dyno CVT, not so much about how many times I go get a dyno.

chmax 07-22-2011 11:05 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollos2 (Post 208732)
I like your plan but it will be a little costly. You wont need more than 3 pulls. I would group the smaller mods like BOP, spacers.

Stock - dyno
Intake - dyno
Y-pipe and catback - dyno
or (Intake Y-pipe and catback - dyno
BOP, spacers (any other small mod) - dyno
Headers - Dyno.

Thanks man, thats probably what I will do. I have 20 days till stock dyno. So I need to find out how to get the most accurate reading with CVT in detail.

EddyMaxx 07-22-2011 11:05 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chmax (Post 208741)
Thanks for the info everyone. I was only tryin to contribute. I do agree that one dyno after all parts would be the way, and not a costly, But, Im still looking for someone to chime in about how to dyno CVT, not so much about how many times I go get a dyno.


http://my6thgen.org/f17/can-i-dyno-my-cvt-transmission-answer-inside-3025/

chmax 07-22-2011 11:16 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddyMaxx (Post 208716)
Until you do headers, do not go on the dyno just yet. Get all the mods done first before dyno. No need to test after each one because you aren't really tuning. Some mods cancel each other out if not tuned correctly. So just because you adding more mods, doesn't automatically mean you getting more power. You would need a tune to make the mods work efficiently.

So save your $ and just wait to get a full dyno tune which will give you the best gains for the mods you have. Headers will be a big power maker.

Good Luck!

Thanks Eddy, I see what your sayin. My main goal is to find out how to dyno CVT. :noidea:

EddyMaxx 07-22-2011 11:21 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Check my thread above. :)

Apollos2 07-22-2011 07:13 PM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Okay now which brand of mod you going to buy?

chmax 07-23-2011 12:10 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollos2 (Post 208970)
Okay now which brand of mod you going to buy?

First Im gonna dyno stock, then exhaust. Im leaning torwards the Greddy SE.

elitemax04 07-23-2011 12:37 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Cars are cheaper than bikes... $300 for a bike :dislike:

Nismo4Life07 07-23-2011 02:04 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chmax (Post 209095)
First Im gonna dyno stock, then exhaust. Im leaning torwards the Greddy SE.

You'll love it!!!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...fe07/Edit5.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...7/IMG_1344.jpg

twisted1 07-23-2011 03:57 AM

Re: chmax Dyno Thread
 
I lost 4 tq and gain 1hp from bop with my setup. Best gains was the custom catback, and of corse the n20 with the tune.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO