Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Visual Looks, Interior, & Technology Showcase > Detailing & Visual Maintenance

Detailing & Visual Maintenance Showcase your methods of detailing, cleaning, and maintaining. So us how you keep your ride shining all year around.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Drying Your 6thgen

Source Credit: http://350z-tech.com

We all know that a clean car is a happy car. You probably have a routine you follow when washing, but what about drying your car? There is a way to minimize the amount of water left on your vehicle by using the hose.

Procedure

What you need to do is to remove the nozzle from the hose after washing and rinsing have been done. Low pressure, high volume water, direct the water flow towards the roof of your car (this can be used on any vehicle) You will see it start to sheet off. Move the hose down to "feed" the sheet as it flows down the car - this will keep the sheet wide and it will carry away more water that way. (i.e., feed the wet part, not the dry part.) Do this for all sides, it may take a few passes to get the hang of feeding the sheet. You will see that the water literally sheets off the vehicle, leaving only a few beads. (If you are using the sprayer to final rinse your vehicle you will notice water beading over the entire vehicle) Use your usual drying towel (mf, terry or absorber type) and just blot these spots away.

This will greatly decrease the number of passes you make with your towel and decrease the chances of marring the paint.

Beads of water left on the surface of a car when leaving the nozzle on the hose:

Click the image to open in full size.

Very few beads of water left to dry off the car after using the sheeting method described above:

Finished

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
sonicview (11-17-2010)
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #2

Official Member #: 88

Reputation Level: 11
durell_usmc is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Drying Your 6thgen

intresting.
durell_usmc is offline   Send a private message to durell_usmc Find more posts by durell_usmc Add durell_usmc to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
RI's 6th Gen Elite
Donating Member

Official Member #: 93

Reputation Level: 16
elitemax04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Banner of The Month  

/ Point Value: 10

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 10

Default Re: Drying Your 6thgen

do it all the time

In a relationship with MAXiPAD72O
elitemax04 is offline   Send a private message to elitemax04 Find more posts by elitemax04 Add elitemax04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top