Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Visual Looks, Interior, & Technology Showcase > Wheels & Tires

Wheels & Tires Showcase your wheels and tires. Also, discuss which tires you use.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:16 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 7370

Reputation Level: 7
AnsonJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default What tires to get

So last year I hit a pothole on I 70 in Indiana and blew a tire, bent the hell out of a rim and very well possibly damaged another tire and slightly bent that rim...

Sooo, I have now found a couple of used rims that were rough looking. sanded them down, filled in the nicks and repainted them. Thank you Latinmaxima for your advice on that (in a seperate thread) and also to those that did a howto on repainting your wheels.

I have now redid one of the rims, and the paint is fairly close to the original of the others on the car. Looks slightly better than an amateur paint job, but a whole lot better than the road rash. Some advice... if you are in a situation that you need to fix a rim and can't find a decent looking used one nearby, Just go to Rockauto and order a refurbished rim. definitely worth not having to do all of the prep work and painting.

So now, it is tire time. Not overly impressed with the Goodyear Eagle RS A tires that are on the car (this is the OEM tire brand and make) but the upside of these tires is that I will possibly get away with replacing only two tires as the ones on there only have 25k on them, and plenty of tread. this works out to be 389.35 out the door from Discount Tire.

The one thing I do like about the Eagles is the cornering, but they do give a harsh ride.

My other option is to replace all four, and if I do that, I would go with Falken PRO G4 A/S for 655.54 out the door.

Any one have any experience with the Falkens? I have a set of Falken All terrain on my Ranger for the last 5 years, and they are pretty decent, but just wondering if anyone has dealt with them on their Maxima.

Thanks!

Anson
Old 05-06-2015, 03:08 AM   #2

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube
Default Re: What tires to get

I can't say I have had ran Falkens before but I do run Nexen N7000 All season tires and they are effin great IMO..

Abused VQ
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2015, 03:02 AM   Thread Starter #3

Well, I went with the Falkens..So far I do like them better than the OEM Eagle RS-A tires. 655 bucks out the door, includes lifetime warranty/ roadhazard.

Gonna take the car to IL this weekend, I will let you know how they do on the highway.

Anson
Old 05-11-2015, 05:45 PM   #4

Official Member #: 1919

Reputation Level: 0
jperez77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnsonJ View Post
Well, I went with the Falkens..So far I do like them better than the OEM Eagle RS-A tires. 655 bucks out the door, includes lifetime warranty/ roadhazard.

Gonna take the car to IL this weekend, I will let you know how they do on the highway.

Anson
I have the Falken 453's and love them.
jperez77 is offline   Send a private message to jperez77 Find more posts by jperez77 Add jperez77 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #5

Official Member #: 15948

Reputation Level: 0
Bubba is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used Falken, BFG, and quite a few other brands over the years on my vehicles and I have to say that my favorite tire to run for everyday use is a Continental.
For sliding I use a Federal 595SS although it's a really good tire for the front end I prefer something stickier for the front of the S13. I DD my 17x9's with a BFG KDW2 for the moment though. When they're gone I'm going back to the Continental Extreme Contact DW.

One work of advise. Stay away from those Can'tHook Ventus V12's.
Bubba is offline   Send a private message to Bubba Find more posts by Bubba Add Bubba to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2015, 12:09 AM   Thread Starter #6

Update, the tires handled great on the interstate, and even ran into some heavy rain. they channeled it away and held the road really well. no hydroplaning whatsoever. I must say that they are much better than the original Eagle RS-A's

Anson