Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Visual Looks, Interior, & Technology Showcase > Audio, Video & Electronics

Audio, Video & Electronics Showcase your speakers, LCD's, decks, amps, DVD, Car PC, alarms etc...

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:24 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1320

Reputation Level: 10
obscured is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Wiring Help Metra 40-NI12 And NIRD

As the title states, I need a quick schooling on wiring. I have the NIRD for a non bose system, which has a blue wiring for amp/remote, and the antenna adapter, which also goes to the blue/white of the HU...So, two wires for the remote of the HU. Do I just solder the three wires together or ground the antenna adapter? Maybe just tape off the blue from NIRD? Just curious as to suggestions.
obscured is offline   Send a private message to obscured Find more posts by obscured Add obscured to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 3079

Reputation Level: 10
Jony09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Wiring Help Metra 40-NI12 And NIRD

I think what I did was connect the remote turn ons to the nird, I have I think 2-3 blue wires together lol (don't remember which), works so far. I also bypassed a blue wire don't remember which because I read something about the nird draining battery somewhere on the forum. Search nird, and you should find all the info needed.

Posted Via Tapatalk 2
Jony09 is offline   Send a private message to Jony09 Find more posts by Jony09 Add Jony09 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #3

Official Member #: 2242

Reputation Level: 0
bcsomso is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Wiring Help Metra 40-NI12 And NIRD

I am doing this install now on an 07' with bose, without navi. I have the NIRD-01, ASWC-1 steering wheel control and the 40-NI12 antenna adapter. I wired the blue/white wire from the NIRD module to the blue/white wire of the aftermarket head unit (AVIC-Z150BH) as it states in the instructions. I also wired the blue wire from the antenna adapter to this same wire (3 wires connected). I noticed the hissing noise from the speakers with the car off and was worried. I unplugged the connector for now so I don't drain the battery as some others have reported.

It makes sense to just have the blue/white from the head unit connect to the vehicle harness and bypass the NIRD box all togther, but why did Axxess do this in the first place? Do they want to see the signal for something inside the module? I want to bypass and go direct from head unit to the vehicle harness pin to see if it cures it as one thread state? I think it was hero?? But I wonder what else it will screw up!? It's like the constant battery power to the NIRD is getting connected to the blue/white wire in the box/wiring of the NIRD somewhere and powering those wires.

Another question: Is this not an output from the head unit to the antenna? i.e. during normal operation it will be the headunit powering this blue/white wire and not the other way around?

Any recent feedback on these issues would be great! What have others done with their NIRD wiring?

Thanks!
bcsomso is offline   Send a private message to bcsomso Find more posts by bcsomso Add bcsomso to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top