Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Visual Looks, Interior, & Technology Showcase > Audio, Video & Electronics

Audio, Video & Electronics Showcase your speakers, LCD's, decks, amps, DVD, Car PC, alarms etc...

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:32 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16183

Reputation Level: 0
MasterGunnyR3C0N is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Radio Dual-Din 07/6thGen HELP! help!

Ok, please dear lord in heaven help me!

I have an 07 Max 3.5SE, I just bought a Pioneer AVH2600BT.

I have a Bose Non-Nav, No Bluetooth.

http://www.carid.com/images/axxess/b...structions.pdf

1. I want to still utilize the Trip and clock info, I found the aftermarket NIRD-01 but I cant find a dash insert that will accommodate the buttons. the best I can find is this:

http://www.metraonline.com/files/pro...NST99-7421.pdf

Is there a dash insert that will fit the Radio and the buttons? not to mention the air bag light.

2. What is the exact antenna adapter I need for the 07
3. What is the exact Main Adapter/Wire Harness from the car to the radio? is it this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207075...s.html?tp=2977

4. As far as the steering wheel controls I have 3 to pick from at Crutchfield for my specific radio but I don't have any experience installing and using these nor which one has the best functionality.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_118900/...s.html?tp=3405

Please tell me if I'm missing anything ??????????????

Lastly as far as installation of all these components the directions look difficult but not impossible,

Can anyone just at least point me to specific threads or at least give me their expert opinion.
MasterGunnyR3C0N is offline   Send a private message to MasterGunnyR3C0N Find more posts by MasterGunnyR3C0N Add MasterGunnyR3C0N to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2015, 09:49 AM   #2
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 13
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Radio Dual-Din 07/6thGen HELP! help!

Bump to help the guy .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #3

Official Member #: 3724

Reputation Level: 0
Critical-Audio is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Radio Dual-Din 07/6thGen HELP! help!

1./3. The Metra NIRD-01 has the radio wiring harness with it there is no need for an additional adapter. I has a customer a few months ago who also wanted a double din in his max i simply extended the 4 wires on the keypad and mounted it under the driver side dash.

2. Metra Antenna Adapter 40-NI12

4. [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Axxess ASWC-1[/COLOR]
Auto programming and no need for additional resistors like other steering wheel controls.

The wiring colors on the Metra NIRD-01 will match the Pioneer unit if the don't match then you do not use it (cap it off) the power antenna wire on the anntenna adapter will be an exception, Pioneer no longer provides the power antenna remote output just connect this wire to the red acc wire with the radios red acc.
Be sure to do the installation with good crimp connectors (no tape)

The installation is very straight forward and easy just read the instructions once through and go back follow them step by step while doing the installation.

Any questions let me know.
Critical-Audio is offline   Send a private message to Critical-Audio Find more posts by Critical-Audio Add Critical-Audio to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top