Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Visual Looks, Interior, & Technology Showcase > Audio, Video & Electronics

Audio, Video & Electronics Showcase your speakers, LCD's, decks, amps, DVD, Car PC, alarms etc...

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:12 AM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 7

Reputation Level: 12
SilverFoxx is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
Default Picking Out A Good Alarm, Remote Start, Etc...

So it seems there has been a lot of talk about getting alarms, or remote starts or just general questions about both lately. I would like to break it down and maybe help some of you decide what is best for you.

Well we all know that our cars come with an ANTI THEFT device installed from the factory. Basicly all it will do is disable the ignition and sound the horn if the car is opened from the outside ONCE THE DOORS HAVE BEEN LOCKED, EITHER VIA KEY FOB or by LOCKING DOORS MANUALLY UPON EXIT OF THE CAR. To some this may be enough but for others it's a stupid idea and an after market system is the only way.

ALARM: Other then a horn chirp or flashing lights, you can get an aftermarket system to incorporate a bunch of things. Such as, horn chirp, flashing lights, warn away, 2way alerts, total shut down of car. When picking out an alarm you want to make sure that you can have control of it when it goes off and that you don't have to do a bunch of things to arm or disarm it.

REMOTE START: It's pretty much self explainatory. Basicly do you want it to run for 5, 10, 15, 30, etc min. You can even have it run for a full hour.

When going to look for them you might want to ask yourself if you want either or both. Reason why is because if you buy one and not the other, in time you might want to item you didn't get and then you may have to take out one to install the other. That can be a problem and a hastle, not to mention more money to shell out. Also just because they price is cheap doesn't mean the install will be too. Our cars require a spare key to do a remote start OR a special OPTION that does not come with the remote start system that will allow the car/system to think your key is inside in order to start up.

ACCESSORIES:
Window MODS(express windows for most cars when installed but mainly used so you can open, vent or close your window(s) via certian type alarm systems. Can also do sunroofs.

GLASS SENSOR: When detecting the frequency that broken glass gives it will trigger the alarm.

PROXY: An infered or heat sensor that will produce a warn away or trigger the full alarm depending on how it's set on the alarm when installed.

MINI PEZO SIREN: When the alarm goes off this will produce a high pitch sound that is supposed to disoreant the thief. This type of device is usually installed inside the car hidden but audiable.

BACK UP BATTERY: In the even your car looses it's main power, this will keep your alarm active for a period of time (unknown length) so you are still protected. Also used when or if a thief disables your car battery.

GPS TRACKING: This is a feature that is being used more and more but the factory but can be added to the correct aftermarket alarm system. Depending on the system you are using there is a monthly fee.

TWO WAY PAGING: If you are in range and there is a problem with your car this will notify you and you will be able to visually see what may have set your car alarm off if you are not able to go to a window and see or near where you can hear. (vitrual image, not a true picture of actual personal car)

VOICE WARNING: Yeah kinda like "Protected by Viper stand back!" You can use that or you can create your own personal message. I personally like a gun to cock back if I ever had this installed!

That's all I can really think of right now, if you all have any more ideas please feel free to post them. If I made any mistakes or incorrect statements please call me on it and I will gladly make corrections. Hope this helps everyone in someway.

-SILVERFOX

www.TeamAllOutNissan.com

I'm mainly show with a little bit of go, but best believe she is not slow!!
SilverFoxx is offline   Send a private message to SilverFoxx Find more posts by SilverFoxx Add SilverFoxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-26-2010, 02:52 AM   #2
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 75
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Picking Out A Good Alarm, Remote Start, Etc...

Good information. I learned a few things.
Thank you.

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-26-2010, 02:53 AM   #3

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Stickied.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #4

Official Member #: 158

Reputation Level: 33
Hmax will become famous soon enoughHmax will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 5

Nice info here

Want 12HP More?- CLICK HERE
Hmax is offline   Send a private message to Hmax Find more posts by Hmax Add Hmax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2011, 03:12 AM   #5
Premier Member

Official Member #: 1114

Reputation Level: 19
05SilverMax will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

i just ordered the viper 5902 a few days ago, would it be a good idea to order the tilt,glass,and radar sensors as well?
05SilverMax is offline   Send a private message to 05SilverMax Find more posts by 05SilverMax Add 05SilverMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
The Irish 6th Gen!

Official Member #: 61

Reputation Level: 16
iirishsamuraii is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Banner of The Month  

Great write up Claude your the man
iirishsamuraii is offline   Send a private message to iirishsamuraii Find more posts by iirishsamuraii Add iirishsamuraii to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top