Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Visual Looks, Interior, & Technology Showcase > Audio, Video & Electronics

Audio, Video & Electronics Showcase your speakers, LCD's, decks, amps, DVD, Car PC, alarms etc...

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:36 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15786

Reputation Level: 0
ramfan98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Need help with double din install

Ok for starters I searched with no luck.

I have a Bose w/nav. My issue, after wiring up the Metra harness and putting power to everything the telescoping steering wheel will move all the way up and out. I lose all control over the function of the tilt and telescoping, also my info screen goes blank. The wheel keeps clicking to move it's self up. I have the unit grounded to the beam that runs through the instrament panel. When I hook the stock bose back up everything is fine. HU is a Kenwood ddx418 and harness is the 7550.

Any help would be appreciated, I have double checked the harness about 10x but I can't figure it out.
ramfan98 is offline   Send a private message to ramfan98 Find more posts by ramfan98 Add ramfan98 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15843

Reputation Level: 0
AlexRC113 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Visit AlexRC113's Facebook Visit AlexRC113's PS3 Profile Visit AlexRC113's YouTube
Default Re: Need help with double din install

I have no experience with this yet, will be doing mine this weekend or next week but from all of my researching I believe that you need the metra 70-7551* for the bose system, or the Pac Roem-Nis2 (what I'm going with, seems to consistently have better reviews but it a lot more expensive).
This being such a late response I'm assuming you must've figured it out by now, but just in case anyone else comes here with the same question I'm posting anyways, and if I'm wrong someone else with experience can chime in.
AlexRC113 is offline   Send a private message to AlexRC113 Find more posts by AlexRC113 Add AlexRC113 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top