Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Visual Looks, Interior, & Technology Showcase > Audio, Video & Electronics

Audio, Video & Electronics Showcase your speakers, LCD's, decks, amps, DVD, Car PC, alarms etc...

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:19 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 17587

Reputation Level: 0
MrSlaybury is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Info For doing Bluetooth/Aux In Factory Head Unit

BT

Hello. Hopefully I put this post in the right area. Sorry if I didn't.

I've never done a write up like this, so please excuse me if there any errors. Also, it's quite long because I am typically a detailed person.

So, for anyone looking to keep their stock system, but want to add Bluetooth music streaming, Aux input, and/or hands free calling, and even keep your factory Satellite radio tuner...this post may help you. Personally, I struggled with finding the exact answers I was looking for. But I found my answer with USA Spec!

This is a write up on what aftermarket Module/Unit (whatever you want to call it) that has worked for me. I have a 2005 Maxima SE with Bose, but not Navigation. I have no clue if any minute changes were made for the other years in 6th gen, but the manual will help you. I have a iPhone SE, so if you're a droid person your experience might be different. I know nothing about droids.

The specific product that worked for me? USA Spec BT45-INFI

Initially all I cared about was connecting my iPhone SE to my 05 Maxima through a lightning connection, and keeping my Sat radio. what worked gave me all three of the aforementioned features.

For those who don't know, the modules typically use your Sat radio connection ("Satellite Emulation") in order to function. Some connect behind the head unit, and some connect directly to your Satellite connection under the rear deck. Your Max must be wired for Sat.

I tried THREE products in order to find my solution. There are more options than what I've been through, but this is my advice, and as always, what has worked for me, might not work for someone else.

iSimple ISNI571:
Connected through the back of my HU, but after tech support telling me I could use my Sat, it absolutely didn't work. Plus, you need to purchase a additional unit if you wish to add BT to the module. Returned this, and suffered the $50 loss with shipping and restocking fees.

Audiovox MediaBridge:
There's a reason it's discontinued. Gave a poor Bluetooth connection and again did not allow me to use my Sat tuner. In addition, tech support was not helpful. I knew more about their product then they did lol.

USA Spec BT45: Allows for BT music, Aux cable, and hands free calling. I called tech support before I purchased the module, and the guy I spoke with had a 06 Infiniti with similar wiring/connections and told me flat out the product would work for me. And it does!
There are two different options:

BT45-NIS: Connects BEHIND the head unit.
BT45-INFI: Connects under the rear deck. What I purchased. Even though it's marketed for Infiniti's, the only difference is where is connects. That's it.

The BT45 has a USB port ONLY for charging devices, as well as a Aux input. You cannot have a wired audio connection through the USB port. It comes with the "T" style connection harness and a wired microphone, so I purchased an extension for both Aux and USB (Amazon) that you can install where ever you like.

Installation was pretty simple. If your new to the car audio world, make sure to do your research through this forum. I have studied the entire AV section of the 05 manual while installing a LOC, to ensure I was not doing anything I shouldn't lol.

The connection harness: One end plugs into your Sat tuner, and the other into the factory Sat wiring connector. On the Tuner end of the harness, there's a small ground wire with a ring terminal that you must run to bare metal. Plenty of space for a small screw, but I ran a bolt through a stock hole so no drilling required. The rest of the cable I just ran down into the trunk, right behind the backseat. There's a little "pocket" there that's perfect for the BT45's location. I secured my unit with Velcro to make it serviceable.

If you don't have a SiriusXM account or tuner installed, the product will still work. Again, you must be wired for Sat!

Also included was a Microphone with long enough cable (I'm sorry I don't know the exact length) to install up front. There's more than enough cable for an ideal mounting location. I ran mine through the headliner.

I installed my Mic inside the map light housing, and drilled three small holes perfectly centered. People hear me clearly, I can use the "Hey Siri" function flawlessly. It even works when I'm cruising with all my windows down, which is awesome.

To switch between SiriusXM and the BT45 on my '05, you simple press the am/fm button twice then press the Sat button immediately after.

When streaming Bluetooth, the artist name and song title is displayed on the head unit, and you can use the tune < > buttons to change tracks. When the Aux cable is used, the display says "Aux", and you control everything from your device.

The quality of the Bluetooth music streaming is absolutely incredible. I could not tell the difference between BT, CD, or Aux. I have a lightning cable running from the USB/Aux port I installed, so I can charge my phone and choose a playlist. Or, I can just ask Siri to play whatever I want, all hands free!

Make sure you read through the manual and make sure your Max is compatible. And this is just a write up of what worked for ME and my Max. If you have any questions, contact USA Spec and they will be more than happy to help you.

I hope this post helps someone out there, and let me know if I made any mistakes so I can edit immediately. Cheers!

Last edited by MrSlaybury; 07-06-2016 at 04:26 AM.
zebwise (07-09-2016)
MrSlaybury is offline   Send a private message to MrSlaybury Find more posts by MrSlaybury Add MrSlaybury to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2016, 02:26 PM   Thread Starter #2

Default Re: Info For doing Bluetooth/Aux In Factory Head Unit

Sent this to USASpec and they said it was a great write up. I know everyone here mostly replaces their stock unit, but for peeps who want the factory look, this is a great product!
MrSlaybury is offline   Send a private message to MrSlaybury Find more posts by MrSlaybury Add MrSlaybury to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 2874

Reputation Level: 10
trilla_one is an unknown quantity at this point

Great write up! I too am on the keeping the stock look bandwagon but interested in BT streaming. I have a base 04 without Bose or anything fancy so i'm not sure what my options will be. I do have the SAT button on my deck though. Have my eyes on the Audiovox-BT103NIS-SXV300v1 but not sure if it will work for me. Would have already pulled the trigger if it wasn't so pricey.

"Every generation has to take its place in battling in the struggle for equality"

-Dr. Harry Thomas
trilla_one is offline   Send a private message to trilla_one Find more posts by trilla_one Add trilla_one to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-06-2016, 04:20 AM   Thread Starter #4

Well, as long as you have that sat button, the BT45 should work (according to USASpec's website).

I don't know much about Audiovox products outside of the one I tried. That one looks newer than what I bought. I can say that customer service with Audiovox was virtually non-exsistant lol.

I originally went with the cheapest, and finally just pulled the trigger on the BT45. The clarity of the music over BT is insane. My sub hits just as hard as the other connections. There's a bunch of others out there, too. But yeah, the price sucks lol.