Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Visual Looks, Interior, & Technology Showcase > Audio, Video & Electronics

Audio, Video & Electronics Showcase your speakers, LCD's, decks, amps, DVD, Car PC, alarms etc...

Old 03-03-2019, 06:55 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 18796

Reputation Level: 0
Tannchar34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Anyone know about the bose audio

Hi Iím new here and Iím just getting used to things. Iíve been seeing people having better sub woofers. I was wondering if I could still use the stock amp for the speakers and have another amp for a set of 10 inch subs with a different head unit also.. If anyone has done this before And could help me out that would be awsome. I havenít order anything yet just in case I i need anything. Thank you in advance
Tannchar34 is offline   Send a private message to Tannchar34 Find more posts by Tannchar34 Add Tannchar34 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #2

Official Member #: 18767

Peanut54066 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Anyone know about the bose audio

Originally Posted by Tannchar34 View Post
Hi Iím new here and Iím just getting used to things. Iíve been seeing people having better sub woofers. I was wondering if I could still use the stock amp for the speakers and have another amp for a set of 10 inch subs with a different head unit also.. If anyone has done this before And could help me out that would be awsome. I havenít order anything yet just in case I i need anything. Thank you in advance
Replacing head unit is a nightmare. I used a high frequency modulator. Tapped into the speakers in the back since thats where the amp is going to be any way.
Peanut54066 is online now   Send a private message to Peanut54066 Find more posts by Peanut54066 Add Peanut54066 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2019, 07:55 PM   #3

Official Member #: 17587

MrSlaybury is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default Re: Anyone know about the bose audio

Hi! I had a 2005 SE non nav with Bose. I used a simple 2 channel LOC, mounted under the rear deck. Ran 6ga power and ground into an alpine mono amp that pushed 600 watts to a single Type R 12Ē.

I was going for a stock look, so I never went down the road of installing an aftermarket head unit. Thereís a bunch of posts on here of others that have though. It does not look easy tbh, especially if you want to use the stock speakers. The stock speakers in the Bose system run at a weird impedance.

Something I did that worked awesome was installing a USA Spec BT-45 Bluetooth module. This let me use the stock XM radio AND have me a USB charging port, 3.5mm aux input, and Bluetooth music streaming along with hands free calling. Never as good as an aftermarket route, but hundreds of dollars cheaper and have a pretty good signal too! Just a thought

Posted Via Tapatalk
MrSlaybury is offline   Send a private message to MrSlaybury Find more posts by MrSlaybury Add MrSlaybury to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top