Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Wheels & Tires

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:49 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16756

Reputation Level: 0
LazyAF is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default XXR 18's on Maxima... Couple Questions

First of all, Hello this is my first post on this site!

Questions:
1.) Looking at pictures on this site, I can see I favor the 245/40 look on 6th gens. So that question I originally was going to ask, has been answered thanks to searching threads.

2.) I'm fairly settled on these rims: http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-521-Wh...p/52180657.htm
(XXR 521 18x10 +25mm) However! I'm kind of scared to get 18's because I think I actually want 19's. but these rims, to me, are just so beautiful. And I am wondering if anyone has any personal input about 18's on Maxima's...

Future plans will be to get this car lowered on coilovers.... so in the long run the 18's might work out...

Btw, 10 inch wide should leave a small amount of poke from the sides, right? That's kind of what I want, since 9.5 inch wide is hard to find to me, and 9 inches wide from what I've seen doesn't quite reach the edge and I don't want spacers.

If anyone has some criticism bring it out I love being told things as long as it educates me and doesn't make me feel like a poop head lol.
LazyAF is offline   Send a private message to LazyAF Find more posts by LazyAF Add LazyAF to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2015, 10:29 AM   #2

Official Member #: 16595

Reputation Level: 5
KatIsFast is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: XXR 18's on Maxima... Couple Questions

Originally Posted by LazyAF View Post

Questions:
1.) Looking at pictures on this site, I can see I favor the 245/40 look on 6th gens. So that question I originally was going to ask, has been answered thanks to searching threads.

2.) I'm fairly settled on these rims: http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-521-Wh...p/52180657.htm
(XXR 521 18x10 +25mm) However! I'm kind of scared to get 18's because I think I actually want 19's. but these rims, to me, are just so beautiful. And I am wondering if anyone has any personal input about 18's on Maxima's...

Future plans will be to get this car lowered on coilovers.... so in the long run the 18's might work out...

Btw, 10 inch wide should leave a small amount of poke from the sides, right? That's kind of what I want, since 9.5 inch wide is hard to find to me, and 9 inches wide from what I've seen doesn't quite reach the edge and I don't want spacers.

If anyone has some criticism bring it out I love being told things as long as it educates me and doesn't make me feel like a poop head lol.
What year is your Maxima? My 04 came stock with 18 inch rims in 245/45.

I can give you a better idea of fitment if you let me know the year, trim, and original rim/tire size of your Maxima.
KatIsFast is offline   Send a private message to KatIsFast Find more posts by KatIsFast Add KatIsFast to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2015, 05:11 PM   Thread Starter #3

Hi again, thanks for the reply! I've just spent all day today from 10am till about 3pm detailing my old car inside and out and getting ready to sell it so otherwise I would've gotten back to you much sooner!

Mine is a 2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5L SE, which also came with 245/40/18 I believe.

I have spoken to 3 different 6th gen maxima owners on Instagram through Direct Message, and all 3 of them recommended either 19s or 20s and I think my heart wants to go with some 20x9 rims! :D

And can't forget to mention that I will be getting coilovers eventually.

If you, or anyone else has some awesome tips or info I should know please feel free to share your knowledge!
LazyAF is offline   Send a private message to LazyAF Find more posts by LazyAF Add LazyAF to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2015, 05:15 PM   Thread Starter #4

245/45/18* I mean
Old 05-16-2015, 06:48 PM   Thread Starter #5

Ok, now I'm looking at a set of 19s.

Here's my question, should I get 19x8.75 +15/35 mm?
Or, 19x10.75 +15/35 mm?

I am very very interested in these wheels but I'm clueless which size would be better! Thanks!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 6228

Reputation Level: 7
Karisusama is an unknown quantity at this point

Questions:

This is just from my experience from coilovers/wheels on my maxima and researching wheels for the last few years....

Question 2: Those XXR's are priced well (for BBS replicas I think) they might not look as good when you buy them. I'm not knocking it, just take it into consideration. I have been trying to find 19s that are anywhere from 9 to 10 inches wide for a while, but no luck in my price range. (I'm going for a black/gold color combo)

If you are planning on coilovers, 19s would be the best size IMO with a 245/35 tire. I currently have 20x9.5 MRR HR3's with that tire size and dropped on JIC coilovers.

The rim width will factor what offset you need. My 20x9.5 has a +40 offset which I added a 5mm spacer. That brings the offset to +35. When dropped with my tire size it tucks up to half the tire. This is without rolled fenders. If you get a 10 inch wide wheel, you probably don't want less than a +40 offset because you will need to roll the fender. Just depends on what you want the look or outcome to be....

By the way, those 18X10s will stick out a lot!!! A little more than half an inch past the fender!

You can use willtheyfit.com to see a rough idea of how the wheels will sit~~
Karisusama is offline   Send a private message to Karisusama Find more posts by Karisusama Add Karisusama to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2015, 07:16 PM   Thread Starter #7

Heck yeah, thanks a lot for the detailed response! I have decided I'm going to wait on rims for now but I will definitely keep that information for the future. As for now I'm dropping it on coil overs, rollin with stock wheels, and gonna do a couple other things then save wheels for last i suppose!

Thanks so much for the help!
Old 05-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #8
Official Member

Official Member #: 6228

Reputation Level: 7
Karisusama is an unknown quantity at this point

Heck yeah, thanks a lot for the detailed response! I have decided I'm going to wait on rims for now but I will definitely keep that information for the future. As for now I'm dropping it on coil overs, rollin with stock wheels, and gonna do a couple other things then save wheels for last i suppose!

Thanks so much for the help!
No problem! Just private message me if you ever run into any issues!
Karisusama is offline   Send a private message to Karisusama Find more posts by Karisusama Add Karisusama to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top

Tags
2006, maxima, nissan, rims, tires, wheels, xxr

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Wheels & Tires