Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Wheels & Tires

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:29 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1072

Reputation Level: 9
mrjasonlyrics is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Getting That Hustle On To Get The UpRev Tune

Found three maxima rims and tires for $200, took the one out of my trunk because I haven't used it since I bought my car and added it to be sold as a set. They came with quite a bit of curb rash, one center cap but there's some potential to make money off of them. Sanded them down, filled the curb rash, primed and painted them.

Believe it or not it was done in my livingroom one at a time. I did my best to keep the dust down because it was done by hand not machine like I usually do. Painted them outside my door and put it to dry in my washroom for about 15mins during every coat. Pretty sure ya'll probably saying this dude is crazy but I need that tune by next month so I can't wait until it is warm enough.

Now all I have to do is go put the tires back on and hopefully I can get about $750-800 for them. It's my hustle

Click the image to open in full size.

GT-R bodykit/CAI/Zenetti rims/5pc spacers/BOP/Cosmo lightweight pulley/Satin black 2-tone paint/N1 catback/Magnaflow mufflers/6spd manual/lambo doors/racingline USTB/B&G lowering springs/KYB GR-2 shock,struts/,Exedy OE clutch
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/388690...ima-se-sedan-4
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJasonlyrics
If I can't use my both hands and feet then I don't want it
Latinmaxima (04-20-2013), S.V (04-20-2013)
mrjasonlyrics is offline   Send a private message to mrjasonlyrics Find more posts by mrjasonlyrics Add mrjasonlyrics to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 34
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Getting That Hustle On To Get The UpRev Tune

Sounds like you are determined Jason! Nice.
No worries, you are not crazy, you should see the sh★t I sometimes bring inside the house to work on.

If you were shooting paint in your living room, now, that would be be slightly different.

Uprev should sponsor your for your determination alone. This would also be good for them as their development for the A34 is not getting a lot of attention it deserves IMO. Especially 6MT.

Good job!
-=My Build Tread=-
Latinmaxima (04-20-2013), smittybizzle (04-21-2013)
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2013, 06:30 PM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

Originally Posted by BurntOrangeAppeal View Post
Sounds like you are determined Jason! Nice.
No worries, you are not crazy, you should see the sh★t I sometimes bring inside the house to work on.

If you were shooting paint in your living room, now, that would be be slightly different.

Uprev should sponsor your for your determination alone. This would also be good for them as their development for the A34 is not getting a lot of attention it deserves IMO. Especially 6MT.

Good job!
Appreciate it man. Yeah I find that nobody takes the 6thgens serious so I'm determined to change that. I run 14.2 on the 1/4mile with my current mods but what I've recently been thought is that the 239whp I have is untuned. I should be making way more than that so a tune is definitely what I need. The tax return should be coming in the next 1-2 weeks but why should I wait until then when I can hustle and get that money. But trust me bro, I intend to have one of the fastest 6spd 6thgens out there and it already cost me 2 engines.
BurntOrangeAppeal (04-20-2013), Latinmaxima (04-20-2013)
mrjasonlyrics is offline   Send a private message to mrjasonlyrics Find more posts by mrjasonlyrics Add mrjasonlyrics to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

Love the determination. Can't wait to see what the tune does for you.

Posted Via Tapatalk 2
mrjasonlyrics (04-20-2013)
Latinmaxima is offline   Send a private message to Latinmaxima Find more posts by Latinmaxima Add Latinmaxima to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 220

Reputation Level: 10
Jingiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

they look pretty fresh to me, GLWS!

now the bigger question is that an orange GTR bumper?! that color is pretty sick. Im always a fan of the black and orange
Jingiko is offline   Send a private message to Jingiko Find more posts by Jingiko Add Jingiko to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2013, 10:29 PM   Thread Starter #6
Official Member

Originally Posted by Jingiko View Post
they look pretty fresh to me, GLWS!

now the bigger question is that an orange GTR bumper?! that color is pretty sick. Im always a fan of the black and orange
Appreciate the comment. And yes, that is a the GT-R bodykit on the ground waiting for warm weather to install and have the rest of the car wrapped. Stay tuned man, sexy and fast will be coming to a 6thgen near you
Latinmaxima (04-20-2013), S.V (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 03:04 AM   #7

Official Member #: 6540

Reputation Level: 8
incubus0111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man! that's some good work given where you did it..

GLWS
incubus0111 is offline   Send a private message to incubus0111 Find more posts by incubus0111 Add incubus0111 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2013, 06:09 AM   Thread Starter #8
Official Member

Rims are ready to be sold. Hopefully I can get a quick sale with no low bawlers

Chemax (04-24-2013), smittybizzle (04-25-2013)
Old 04-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
Donating Member

Official Member #: 416

Reputation Level: 41
DarkDog is a jewel in the roughDarkDog is a jewel in the roughDarkDog is a jewel in the roughDarkDog is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Official Ride  

/ Point Value: 10

I dunno what you consider to be 'low balling', but I know that around here.. A pristine set of Maxima wheels go for around $350 tops.. Ever so slightly more with tires.

As far as your whp, what current mods do you have? During a Dyno Day, at Z1 Motorsports, last fall, I laid down 244/248/252 (93 Octane) on three consecutive runs. At the time I only had CXJ Spacers & VIAS Delete, Racingline HFPCs & Catless YPipe, a K&N drop-in, and a grounding kit from Don.

Tapatalk via iPhone4
DarkDog is offline   Send a private message to DarkDog Find more posts by DarkDog Add DarkDog to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2013, 03:04 PM   Thread Starter #10
Official Member

Originally Posted by DarkDog View Post
I dunno what you consider to be 'low balling', but I know that around here.. A pristine set of Maxima wheels go for around $350 tops.. Ever so slightly more with tires.

As far as your whp, what current mods do you have? During a Dyno Day, at Z1 Motorsports, last fall, I laid down 244/248/252 (93 Octane) on three consecutive runs. At the time I only had CXJ Spacers & VIAS Delete, Racingline HFPCs & Catless YPipe, a K&N drop-in, and a grounding kit from Don.

Tapatalk via iPhone4
US and Canada are two different countries and the deals you all get over there we won't. The price you'll get them for in excellent condition is what I'll get here with worn tires and curb rash. Last year I sold the same set painted with the tires on and it was sold for $700 cash. These ones was repaired, unmounted, painted, and mounted and balanced so if I get around $700-800 I'll be good. When you put anything up for sale you will get "low bawlers" so I set a price with expectations to get offers, the best offer will take them.

As far as the dyno no both cars won't have the same hp unless they have the exact same mods. At the time of the dyno I had a vaccum leak and I have restrictions i.e cats and resonator because here it's illegal and that ish was just too loud for daily driving. My car is probably one of the most modified 6thgens in Canada and having a loud exhaust is just asking for the police to harrass me, had enough of that so I spent money to make it probably the quietest 6thgen with a full ehaust system

Right now I have the Altima headers, Ebay N1 catback with Magnaflow mufflers, cat and resonator, CAI, lightweight crank pulley and I still run 89 octane. So your numbers will be different. Got a vaccum leak from those spacers right now so I'm gonna pull them off, get the tune and run the 93octane gas and see what she pushes out.

Right now I'm running 14.2 on the 1/4mile @100mph with troubled codes, vaccum leak, 89octane and no tune so it's all a trial and error to see what will cause me to loose time and what will improve on the ET
GT-R bodykit/CAI/Zenetti rims/5pc spacers/BOP/Cosmo lightweight pulley/Satin black 2-tone paint/N1 catback/Magnaflow mufflers/6spd manual/lambo doors/racingline USTB/B&G lowering springs/KYB GR-2 shock,struts/,Exedy OE clutch
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/388690...ima-se-sedan-4
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJasonlyrics
If I can't use my both hands and feet then I don't want it

Last edited by mrjasonlyrics; 04-25-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
Donating Member

Official Member #: 416

Reputation Level: 41
DarkDog is a jewel in the roughDarkDog is a jewel in the roughDarkDog is a jewel in the roughDarkDog is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Official Ride  

/ Point Value: 10

Originally Posted by mrjasonlyrics View Post
US and Canada are two different countries and the deals you all get over there we won't. The price you'll get them for in excellent condition is what I'll get here with worn tires and curb rash. Last year I sold the same set painted with the tires on and it was sold for $700 cash. These ones was repaired, unmounted, painted, and mounted and balanced so if I get around $700-800 I'll be good. When you put anything up for sale you will get "low bawlers" so I set a price with expectations to get offers, the best offer will take them.

As far as the dyno no both cars won't have the same hp unless they have the exact same mods. At the time of the dyno I had a vaccum leak and I have restrictions i.e cats and resonator because here it's illegal and that ish was just too loud for daily driving. My car is probably one of the most modified 6thgens in Canada and having a loud exhaust is just asking for the police to harrass me, had enough of that so I spent money to make it probably the quietest 6thgen with a full ehaust system

Right now I have the Altima headers, Ebay N1 catback with Magnaflow mufflers, cat and resonator, CAI, lightweight crank pulley and I still run 89 octane. So your numbers will be different. Got a vaccum leak from those spacers right now so I'm gonna pull them off, get the tune and run the 93octane gas and see what she pushes out.

Right now I'm running 14.2 on the 1/4mile @100mph with troubled codes, vaccum leak, 89octane and no tune so it's all a trial and error to see what will cause me to loose time and what will improve on the ET
Hey.. if you can get 700-800 for them, that's awesome! I was only stating what they sold for here.. not trying to be a complete smartass.

Gee thanks.. in my 18 years of building/modding cars, I never realized that hp would be different if cars weren't modded identically.. smdh. I was asking what you had done in order to compare. We have the same restrictions here in Ga, which is why I went with the HFPCs vs headers. The cat on the YPipe is unmetered, rendering it a useless, extraneous part, imo. 89 octane is not recommended in the Maxima, so you may want to think about switching up to 93 at all times, for the sake of your VQ. The guys at Z1, and the hundred or so other Z's & G's were laughing during my runs.. said it was about the quietest thing they had ever had on their dyno.. probably due to the stock intake and catback that was on, at the time.

Tapatalk via iPhone4
DarkDog is offline   Send a private message to DarkDog Find more posts by DarkDog Add DarkDog to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 PM   Thread Starter #12
Official Member

Originally Posted by DarkDog View Post
Hey.. if you can get 700-800 for them, that's awesome! I was only stating what they sold for here.. not trying to be a complete smartass.

Gee thanks.. in my 18 years of building/modding cars, I never realized that hp would be different if cars weren't modded identically.. smdh. I was asking what you had done in order to compare. We have the same restrictions here in Ga, which is why I went with the HFPCs vs headers. The cat on the YPipe is unmetered, rendering it a useless, extraneous part, imo. 89 octane is not recommended in the Maxima, so you may want to think about switching up to 93 at all times, for the sake of your VQ. The guys at Z1, and the hundred or so other Z's & G's were laughing during my runs.. said it was about the quietest thing they had ever had on their dyno.. probably due to the stock intake and catback that was on, at the time.

Tapatalk via iPhone4
Honestly I've heard it a million times that the 93octane is recommended for the VQ's to maximize the gains, I don't really buy it. I mean there's only one gas company that offers 94octane in Canada so if there's 4,6,8,10,12 cylinder cars the 6cyl cars should be using the same as the high end super cars? I'm not buying it. Yes it's manufactured to use higher octane gas and 1 outta the 4 times a month I put the 94 octane and I add my treatments once a month too.

My car runs and fell just fine, had no issues engine wise other than detonating my oil pump due to pre-mature downshifting, she runs strong. The 94octane didn't do anything performance wise for me at the track because I ran identical times on the 89 and 94 octane. I am aware that it's kinda ignorant to think that way but you can't always believe what you hear, they said 22's wouldn't fit, I got 22's lowered. Lol. It's been working just fine for me so if there's a study that shows your engine can tell the difference between 89 and 93 octane please share it with me.

But we'll see what I'm making on the dyno with the adjustments after the tune.

Last edited by mrjasonlyrics; 04-25-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #13
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 21
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

GLWS Jason, the wheels came out great.
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM   Thread Starter #14
Official Member

Originally Posted by smittybizzle View Post
GLWS Jason, the wheels came out great.
Thanks man. All I've been getting is low bawlers so far and I refuse to sell it for less than $700. It's all good, someone will come and give me a reasonable offer but for now I'm holding on to them
Old 04-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #15
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 21
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

I don't blame you, those wheels look good on older Maximas. The last time I gave someone a great deal they destroyed the item I sold to them, never again.
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #16

Official Member #: 4372

Reputation Level: 0
maxi91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrjasonlyrics View Post
dam are you guys lucky over here [ny] your lucky if you get 400 with tires but glws
maxi91 is offline   Send a private message to maxi91 Find more posts by maxi91 Add maxi91 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top