Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Interior, Exterior & Lighting

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:21 AM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1072

Reputation Level: 9
mrjasonlyrics is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default How To Top Up Your AC

Couple days ago I went to a mechanic to see a him charge a woman $150 to top up her AC in a few mins so I thought of making a video to help ppl that don't know how to do it themselves. So easy to do that a child can do it.

GT-R bodykit/CAI/Zenetti rims/5pc spacers/BOP/Cosmo lightweight pulley/Satin black 2-tone paint/N1 catback/Magnaflow mufflers/6spd manual/lambo doors/racingline USTB/B&G lowering springs/KYB GR-2 shock,struts/,Exedy OE clutch
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/388690...ima-se-sedan-4
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJasonlyrics
If I can't use my both hands and feet then I don't want it

Last edited by 06BlckMax; 06-27-2013 at 09:15 AM.
GateWay (07-01-2013), NSMaxima (06-30-2013), QMaxx (09-20-2013), sprocketser (09-19-2013)
mrjasonlyrics is offline   Send a private message to mrjasonlyrics Find more posts by mrjasonlyrics Add mrjasonlyrics to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 36
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: How to top up your AC

Super helpful thanks dude!

Few questions

1)is it the same process for a 350z?
2)sorry if I misunderstood but if I want to fully charge it do I use 3 bottles in the same method you did one?
3)how long does that charge typically last for?

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 04:41 AM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Super helpful thanks dude!

Few questions

1)is it the same process for a 350z?
2)sorry if I misunderstood but if I want to fully charge it do I use 3 bottles in the same method you did one?
3)how long does that charge typically last for?
I would assume that it's the same. It's just a matter of finding the connector for the AC, there's only one that will fit the extention so you don't have to worry. I used three cans from empty so my suggestion if you're not using the gauge is to add 1-2 cans and see if it's cold enough. There's no real way to tell how long the AC will last because we all have different size cars and use it different. I've had this car since 06 and this is the first time topping/charging it up.

Last edited by mrjasonlyrics; 06-27-2013 at 04:44 AM.
mrjasonlyrics is offline   Send a private message to mrjasonlyrics Find more posts by mrjasonlyrics Add mrjasonlyrics to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #4

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by mrjasonlyrics View Post
I would assume that it's the same. It's just a matter of finding the connector for the AC, there's only one that will fit the connector so you don't have to worry. I used three cans from empty so my suggestion if you're not using the gauge is to add 1-2 cans and see if it's cold enough. There's no real way to tell how long the AC will last because we all have different size cars and use it different. Since I've had this car since 06 this is the first time topping it up.
So do you have too empty out the old air in there, if so how do you do it? Sorry had to watch the video with low volume lol

Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 04:48 AM   Thread Starter #5
Official Member

So do you have too empty out the old air in there, if so how do you do it? Sorry had to watch the video with low volume lol
I wouldn't worry about emptying what's in there right now because that ish is toxic and could kill you. If you do decide to release what's in there connect the extension without the bottle and drain it out. It shouldn't take more than 3 cans to top it up. Good luck
Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 AM   #6

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

I wouldn't worry about emptying what's in there right now because that ish is toxic and could kill you. If you do decide to release what's in there connect the extension without the bottle and drain it out. It shouldn't take more than 3 cans to top it up. Good luck
Cool so if I wanna top it up just use 1-3 cans the way you did it and call it a day right? Nothing extra?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:52 AM   Thread Starter #7
Official Member

Cool so if I wanna top it up just use 1-3 cans the way you did it and call it a day right? Nothing extra?
If you're not using a gauge and you're topping it up from cool add 1-2 cans and if you find it's not cold enough go for 3. Nothing extra.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #8

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

If you're not using a gauge and you're topping it up from cool add 1-2 cans and if you find it's not cold enough go for 3. Nothing extra.
Awesome man thanks a bunch I really needed this, specially with summer being here loll...I can't rep you from my iPhone but ill do it tomorrow when I get on the computer. Thanks bro!

Old 06-27-2013, 04:57 AM   Thread Starter #9
Official Member

Don't mention it man, that's why the org was created so that we can learn and teach each others what we know.

Comments

good advice on maximas
adzmccauley (06-30-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #10
Official Sweet Action 6.5gen

Official Member #: 117

Reputation Level: 66
Nismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

Visit Nismo4Life07's Facebook Visit Nismo4Life07's PS3 Profile Visit Nismo4Life07's YouTube
Default Re: How To Top Up Your AC

Ok so. Nice video, but I have a few suggestions.

1 - it's called the low side AC hose.

2 - stop leak actually ruins your ac system. (If it has the dye in it.)

3. I would definitely NOT recommend you doing this if your ac system is completely empty. The ac system is a charged/pressurized system. A closed circuit. The only way to ensure you get the right amount in it with no contaminants is to use the machines. If you use the bottles, you run the risk of putting in just pressure and no actual liquid. That liquid is actually it's own lubricant.

4. This should only be a temporary fix. If you even have to consider using this, you have something wrong with your ac system. There is most likely a leak somewhere in your system. And with our Maximas, it's most commonly found on the low side ac hose close to the front of the car.
BurntOrangeAppeal (06-27-2013), HawaiiMAX808 (06-27-2013), Nick Fondz (06-28-2013)
Nismo4Life07 is offline   Send a private message to Nismo4Life07 Find more posts by Nismo4Life07 Add Nismo4Life07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 AM   Thread Starter #11
Official Member

Originally Posted by Nismo4Life07 View Post
Ok so. Nice video, but I have a few suggestions.

1 - it's called the low side AC hose.

2 - stop leak actually ruins your ac system. (If it has the dye in it.)

3. I would definitely NOT recommend you doing this if your ac system is completely empty. The ac system is a charged/pressurized system. A closed circuit. The only way to ensure you get the right amount in it with no contaminants is to use the machines. If you use the bottles, you run the risk of putting in just pressure and no actual liquid. That liquid is actually it's own lubricant.

4. This should only be a temporary fix. If you even have to consider using this, you have something wrong with your ac system. There is most likely a leak somewhere in your system. And with our Maximas, it's most commonly found on the low side ac hose close to the front of the car.
Damn bro you broke it down. I think you just hi-jacked my thread. Lol. Yes I did mention that my engine was swapped and there was nothing in there so I had to use the stop leak and 2 cans added 1 more and she's working fine.

Just had to make the video because it's too easy and ppl with little knowledge who's scared get ripped off everyday. But yeah what he said.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:24 AM   #12

Official Member #: 6710

Reputation Level: 0
Zac851 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome man thanks a bunch I really needed this, specially with summer being here loll...I can't rep you from my iPhone but ill do it tomorrow when I get on the computer. Thanks bro!
The cans come in different sizes so I wouldn't necessarily buy 3 cans because mrjasonlyrics put 3 in his.

My advice is to buy 1 can of r134a refrigerant that has the removable hose with the pressure gauge built in to it.. I'd probably get one of the larger cans and put that in there until the pressure gauge reads 35-40psi. If you need more by one of the smallest cans and take the hose off the empty can and put it on your new can.

Unless you know it's empty because you had the system evacuated, then putting 2-3 cans (the smallest cans) in there with out a pressure gauge could potentially kill the compressor/seals/otherstuff quickly if you over fill it with 55-65psi.
BurntOrangeAppeal (06-30-2013), djliquidice (09-04-2013)
Zac851 is offline   Send a private message to Zac851 Find more posts by Zac851 Add Zac851 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #13

Official Member #: 7240

Reputation Level: 7
JGWoolfolk is an unknown quantity at this point

My A/C just recently started blowing nothing but warm air. it has never received a/c service, I need to know how to go about fixing it, do i try these methods, or take it to the dealer?
JGWoolfolk is offline   Send a private message to JGWoolfolk Find more posts by JGWoolfolk Add JGWoolfolk to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Normally out cars don't need refills of anything. If your AC isn't blowing cold air, you might have a leak somewhere or the AC compressor is going bad. Get it checked at the dealer since they won't BS you about refilling canisters. If not dealer, then a mechanic you trust.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #15

Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
Normally out cars don't need refills of anything. If your AC isn't blowing cold air, you might have a leak somewhere or the AC compressor is going bad. Get it checked at the dealer since they won't BS you about refilling canisters. If not dealer, then a mechanic you trust.
being that it was working full power and then all of a sudden went straight to warm air, is that more likely a compressor issue since it didn't happen gradually(which seems like it would be more likely with a leak)...?
JGWoolfolk is offline   Send a private message to JGWoolfolk Find more posts by JGWoolfolk Add JGWoolfolk to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JGWoolfolk View Post
being that it was working full power and then all of a sudden went straight to warm air, is that more likely a compressor issue since it didn't happen gradually(which seems like it would be more likely with a leak)...?
Definitely a leak.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2013, 09:50 PM   Thread Starter #17
Official Member

My advice is to have it checked because you might need more than just a top up. I wouldn't go to the strealership though, get a referral from a friend or something of that nature. It's easy to top up if you have no leaks
Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #18
Premier Member

Official Member #: 300

Reputation Level: 23
PetitFrereMaxima will become famous soon enoughPetitFrereMaxima will become famous soon enough

My Awards:

Nice of you to try to help others. Good to see others posted some main points so people should get it done properly.

Nice job guys.

My BUILD/MAINTENANCE thread. Aiming for 250K on odometer.
http://my6thgen.org/f13/emiles-petitfreremaxima-17985/ ... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/21...ton-tx-63.html... KING OF THE ROAD
Deadbolt (09-20-2013)
PetitFrereMaxima is offline   Send a private message to PetitFrereMaxima Find more posts by PetitFrereMaxima Add PetitFrereMaxima to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #19

@Deadbolt @mrjasonlyrics thank you both!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #20

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube

Good stuff @mrjasonlyrics

Abused VQ
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top