Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Interior, Exterior & Lighting

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:08 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 21

Reputation Level: 10
thealliance43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Default How to Take Apart Dash

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

The two screws your removing are the Phillips head ones. Not the torx head.

Click the image to open in full size.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-12-2010, 01:09 PM   Thread Starter #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 21

Reputation Level: 10
thealliance43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:

Default Re: How to Take Apart Dash

I didn't take pics, but it's basically the same as the 04-06. You pull straight down on the chrome ring beneath the shift handle. (this is for CVT cars only, I'm not sure on the manual trans cars.) Then you take off the clip at the bottom of the shifter handle and remove the handle...it comes straight off the top.

Then you turn the key to ACC and you apply the parking brake, and put the car in either N or D.

Then you pry the rear of the shifter console up, and you'll feel the clips release. As you gently pull up and begin releasing the clips, work your way to the center of the shifter console. Once you pop the clips at the center of the console, where it begins to turn vertical, you then pull the console back, towards you. The top clips in the console, just below the radio, pull back towards you, NOT up. Now you work the plate up and over the shifter handle. You should have enough slack on the wire harnesses attached to it to lay it to the side. If not, gently unclip the harness, there are 2...one to the shifter light, and one larger white connecter at the back of the plate...then you can set the plate aside.

Then you look at the top of the opening, towards either corner (to either side of the airbag warning light), and you'll see 2 black screws. They both angle down, towards the rear floorboard. Take both of them out.

You can now GENTLY pry out the radio bezel/center AC vents. Start from the bottom, and once the bottom and center clips are released, swing the bottom out towards you, and then up towards the ceiling of the car, and the top 2 tabs will release. As you begin swinging the bezel out, you will have to remove the airbag warning light connecter at the bottom/center of the bezel.

From there, with the bezel removed/set aside, you will see 4 gold colored screws at the four corners of the radio/HVAC bracket. Remove the 4 screws and pull the radio/HVAC assemble straight out, towards you. As you are pulling it out, you'll have to beging unplugging the harnesses from behind the radio/info screen/HVAC display screen.

That's pretty much it. I can have mine apart in about 3 minutes! I'll be taking mine apart AGAIN probably early next week. I'll take some pics and add them in here.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
The Bronx 6th Gen

Official Member #: 19

Reputation Level: 16
Blackoutt is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Awards:
Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 10

Default Re: How to Take Apart Dash

thats extremely helpful
Blackoutt is offline   Send a private message to Blackoutt Find more posts by Blackoutt Add Blackoutt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top