Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Interior, Exterior & Lighting

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:47 PM   Thread Starter #1
Donating Member

my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 86

Reputation Level: 25
Max Power will become famous soon enoughMax Power will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Visit Max Power's YouTube
Default How to Remove Tail Lights & Upgrade to LED Bulb's

Courtesy of jsmithsole

Tail light REMOVAL / LED bulb upgrade **how to**

Instructions on how to replace stock tailight bulbs with LED's (or can be followed for regular bulb replacement)

I bought these particular bulbs from autolumination.com it's the Light Tower II. I've tried out many different bulbs and these finally work. They do offer newer version of the ones I have, most likely as good but even brighter!!

20 Powerful Wide Angle Oval LEDS

These Bulbs have Advanced Patent Pending Control Circuitry Found in no Other LED Bulbs

These are the most advanced led bulb assemblies ever produced.

More powerful than any other automotive leds made.

15 side facing LEDS

5 forward facing LEDS

Video link for rears:
http://media.putfile.com/led-tail-blinkersparking

We require the 3157 bulb (not 1157) So you'll need 4 3157 Red for the rear (dual circuit, parking light/blinker or brake)

The front Ambers are 1157 (socket type not wedge type)
Here's a link to a video of the blinkers in front:
http://media.putfile.com/LED-blinker

I also ordered 2 3ohm (One on each side covers front and rear) load equalizers as well because I have the fast blinking dilema you get with LED's. The load resistor simulates the resistance of the incandescent bulb and restores the turn signal to normal operating function with the led. Here's the diagram to install these:
Click the image to open in full size.

Onto the install...

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I did this mod almost 2 years ago (today is June 28th 07) and they are still working perfectly.
dallazcod (02-17-2013)
Max Power is offline   Send a private message to Max Power Find more posts by Max Power Add Max Power to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top